Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:02:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA] Coin Watcher - open-source and privacy-oriented crypto portfolio web app  (Read 520 times)
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 01:45:22 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2019, 10:11:04 AM by hatshepsut93
Merited by Vod (5), JanEmil (1)

Source code on Github: https://github.com/Tiramisu77/CoinWatcher
Official page: https://tiramisu77.github.io/CoinWatcher/

Coin Watcher is a free, open source and privacy-oriented cryptocurrency portfolio tracking web app. It stores all user data strictly on client side utilizing window.localStorage, while market data is fetched from public API's. The app was built using Progressive Web Application technologies (PWA), so it is available even offline and can be installed on mobile and desktop from the browser (via add to Home Screen). Users who don't want to trust a website can built the app locally and run it as local html file. Currently the app is very simple, it doesn't have a chart or ROI, but this may be added in the future if there will be demand.

This app uses cryptocurrency market data provided by the following public API's:

CoinGecko

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 08:44:51 AM
Merited by hatshepsut93 (1)

The software is good, prices are superbly updated but there are some drawbacks:

- Edit crypto: When I edit/update a currency, I can only edit it after deleting it or clicking on the "Home" button.
 - Direct button to remove: The cryptos should be removed by clicking on the icon on the same page.
 - select market data: CoinGecko or Coinmarketcap

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:31:17 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2019, 10:03:11 AM by hatshepsut93

The software is good, prices are superbly updated but there are some drawbacks:

- Edit crypto: When I edit/update a currency, I can only edit it after deleting it or clicking on the "Home" button.
 - Direct button to remove: The cryptos should be removed by clicking on the icon on the same page.
 - select market data: CoinGecko or Coinmarketcap

Hi, and thank you for your feedback!

1) This is by design, edit action is based on <input> element's "change" event, so it fires when input loses focus, meaning you can just click/tap anywhere outside of input form. I've also added a listener on "Enter" key press, but it hasn't been consistent on mobile, I'll investigate it further. Fixed now.

I specifically didn't want to add "confirm" button because they should be avoided whenever possible.

2) Removing coins usually doesn't happen too often, so additional buttons would only clutter the main page. Most of the apps that I've checked don't do this.

3) Currently the app tries to get data from CoinGecko, if it fails it tries to get from Alternativeme, then if it fails it tries Coinmarketcap (and if some of the requests takes too long, it switches to race mode when it gets the data from the fastest API). I was going to add an option for picking the order of API's, but it's not very straightforward to implement and is probably not very useful. I'll probably add it as a console command for advanced users.
Also, coinmarketcap will eventually get removed, because they are discontinuing their public API.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:29:15 AM

The official page is good but for me it loads a bit slow, like the loading signal shows for 15 seconds long before stopping? On the good side,,, I also tried adding 1 coin I have, and the value was quite accurate so the API is working very well.

Is there a way to keep history for a time period, like if I enter the date I bought it, I want to see PL for the coin I have in my value. Thank you.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:38:04 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2019, 01:08:22 PM by hatshepsut93

The official page is good but for me it loads a bit slow, like the loading signal shows for 15 seconds long before stopping? On the good side,,, I also tried adding 1 coin I have, and the value was quite accurate so the API is working very well.

When you launch the app for the first time, it loads the list of all available coins from all crypto api's, so it can then resolve coin names to make requests. The response is saved and is updated (in non-blocking way) every few days, so it only should be slow for the first time you visit the site. Try to open the app again, it should be fast now. Also, in the latest update I've given max time of 6 seconds for this initial loading (if it takes longer, it skips it) for alternative.me API, since it is accessed via proxy, which is the reason why it was slow.

Is there a way to keep history for a time period, like if I enter the date I bought it, I want to see PL for the coin I have in my value. Thank you.

At the moment no, but if I'll keep extending this project, making portfolio transactional and adding charts/ROI would be on my top priority.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:52:23 AM

Gladly im able to find that custom color but i do seek out on how to change that Cyan Background. It do really hurts my eyes  Cool Overall the software is good.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:58:26 AM

Gladly im able to find that custom color but i do seek out on how to change that Cyan Background. It do really hurts my eyes  Cool Overall the software is good.

Not possible yet, will add soon! I've spent most of my time developing it in smallscreen mode, so I rarely see that Cyan bg, didn't realize it's annoying. What color do you think should be default?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ulven
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1127

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:48:22 PM

Great application works accurately as it's fast I think this application will be appreciated in the near future
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:03:15 PM

Not possible yet, will add soon! I've spent most of my time developing it in smallscreen mode, so I rarely see that Cyan bg, didn't realize it's annoying. What color do you think should be default?

Cant make it the same with other settings which you can able to customize?

Btw, i tried to put up some shitty coins of mine like KCY(KickCity). Among on the API being used trying out to search which exchange its being traded but i cant find.  Cry

Edit: Oh, i found it on coingecko.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 03:28:56 AM

I tried the portfolio web app, and I add LTC and SC as an example. I see that it is interesting to see the portfolio without login in the exchanges because we can see how much profit and loss we already made. I wonder how to create an apk for the android because I am sure it will help people to check their portfolio. I hope that someone can do that and release it in the PlayStore.

I think the default color will be good in the black because it does not make dazzle or annoying. Oh, by the way, the price will auto-refresh for itself, right?
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 03:49:46 AM

I tried the portfolio web app, and I add LTC and SC as an example. I see that it is interesting to see the portfolio without login in the exchanges because we can see how much profit and loss we already made. I wonder how to create an apk for the android because I am sure it will help people to check their portfolio. I hope that someone can do that and release it in the PlayStore.

I think the default color will be good in the black because it does not make dazzle or annoying. Oh, by the way, the price will auto-refresh for itself, right?

It shouldn't be hard to convert it into native app for both desktop and mobile, but for now you can add it to Home Screen if you visit it with a Chrome browser and it will loop and feel similarly to an app.

Yes, the prices are automatically updated, you can choose the interval in settings, it can be 2 min, 5 min, 15 min.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 06:05:33 AM

It shouldn't be hard to convert it into native app for both desktop and mobile, but for now you can add it to Home Screen if you visit it with a Chrome browser and it will loop and feel similarly to an app.

Yes, the prices are automatically updated, you can choose the interval in settings, it can be 2 min, 5 min, 15 min.

Yes, I think the same as you but perhaps, I will ask with some of my friends who familiar with the app for mobile, and I hope that they can try to make it for the mobile app and I think it could be better for the user itself.

I guess for the desktop installation, the user can follow your instruction to install in their folder so they can load the index.html in their browser.

Yes, I try with 2 min, and it works perfectly without any problem.
coingecko

Activity: 247
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 04:07:42 PM
Merited by hatshepsut93 (2)

Github: https://github.com/Tiramisu77/CoinWatcher
Official page: https://tiramisu77.github.io/CoinWatcher/

Coin Watcher is a free, open source and privacy-oriented cryptocurrency portfolio tracking web app. It stores all user data strictly on client side utilizing window.localStorage, while market data is fetched from public API's. The app was built using Progressive Web Application technologies (PWA), so it is available even offline and can be installed on mobile and desktop from the browser (via add to Home Screen). Users who don't want to trust a website can built the app locally and run it as local html file. Currently the app is very simple, it doesn't have a chart or ROI, but this may be added in the future if there will be demand.

This app uses cryptocurrency market data provided by the following public API's:

CoinGecko

Alternative

Coinmarketcap

Woot excited to see you using our API! Hope you like it and happy to hear any feedbacks you may have  Cheesy

Track bitcoin holdings by public companies and bitcoin price on CoinGecko
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:21:33 PM

Woot excited to see you using our API! Hope you like it and happy to hear any feedbacks you may have  Cheesy

You API is simply the best on the market, it is one of the few API's that don't require a key, which is what I needed, since I don't have backend, and on top of that it has so many features. At the beginning I've tried to keep my app API-agnostic to always have fallbacks, but other API's lack your features and I'm considering discontinuing using them.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
coingecko

Activity: 247
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 01:47:39 AM

thats really awesome to hear!
yes we want to make it as easy to use and to support apps in the ecosystem.
just feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions!

Track bitcoin holdings by public companies and bitcoin price on CoinGecko
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 10:09:28 AM

A new version has been deployed to the official page! Changes:

- Discontinued support for API's other than CoinGecko

- No more batch mode

- Layout improvements

- You can now choose 2 out of 54 currencies (a mix of crypto and fiat) for displaying prices and values!

I've decided to from now on focus building on top of CoinGecko api instead of using multiple API's. CoinGecko shown to be much more stable and feature-rich than other API's, so this will allow me to develop the app faster and with more features.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 03:47:05 AM

Very simple and yet quite functional. I still use googleDocs for the convenience it gives me, beyond personalization. But your app is quite simple and can be a great alternative.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 06:13:49 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2019, 06:45:56 AM by Baofeng

Thank you for the share. I did some testing on your apps and here is what I found. I added the following coins:

Bitcoin - (BTC)
Etheruem - (ETH)
Infiniverse - (INF)

However, when I try to add another token with the same symbol or ticker as Infiniverse, - (Infinitus (INF), I got an error:

But if you look at coingecko,

There are indeed two ticker symbol INF, (as you are pulling data from coingecko). Perhaps this is just a minor defect, but I guess a fix is needed.

Edit: I also run virustotal and the URL: https://tiramisu77.github.io/CoinWatcher/ is clean.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 08:44:06 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2019, 07:20:41 PM by hatshepsut93

Thank you for the share. I did some testing on your apps and here is what I found. I added the following coins:

Bitcoin - (BTC)
Etheruem - (ETH)
Infiniverse - (INF)

However, when I try to add another token with the same symbol or ticker as Infiniverse, - (Infinitus (INF), I got an error:

But if you look at coingecko,

There are indeed two ticker symbol INF, (as you are pulling data from coingecko). Perhaps this is just a minor defect, but I guess a fix is needed.

Edit: I also run virustotal and the URL: https://tiramisu77.github.io/CoinWatcher/ is clean.

Thanks for reporting it, this is a known issue. Coin Symbols are indeed non unique, because there are many exchanges. The problem here is that my app is internally using symbols to refer to various coin objects, so it will take some time swtiching ieverything into coin id's.

Update: the issue has been fixed and will be deployed soon. Sadly, everyone's portfolio's will no longer be valid, because the format was changed, so users will see their portfolio's as empty after page refresh/visit.

Very simple and yet quite functional. I still use googleDocs for the convenience it gives me, beyond personalization. But your app is quite simple and can be a great alternative.

Glad to hear that, more features coming in the future!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 03:46:11 AM

Looks good, How I can save edited color scheme? It doesn't work for me.
It would be good if you add BTC or ETH on the homepage and let users add other coins manually. Bit confusing for first time visitors.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: