Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:00:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why we need bitcoin / cryptocurrency banks on the high street.  (Voting closed: March 22, 2019, 01:33:14 AM)
Don’t need cryptocurrency banks - 17 (63%)
Need cryptocurrency banks - 5 (18.5%)
Need only online banks - 2 (7.4%)
Not sure 🤔 - 3 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin cryptocurrency banks needed.  (Read 942 times)
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 03:38:13 PM

You raised a VAIid  question and in my opinion I think it's very possible to achieve.
The cryptocurrency bank might not necessarily be a conventional bank for Fiat.
If it's strictly a bank for cryptocurrency where one can walk in and is given an address to transfer ones digital assets for storage purposes.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 03:50:56 PM

Bank is not really needed. I have already given my opinion about it. Even up to now my answer is still the same. Having a bank is redundant already with the hardware and cold wallet already present. You can do transaction any time you want if there is any for there are many exchanges now and you can choose the good one like binance.

Anyway if it will make an increase over a period of time then that is possible. Just like banks when you open a savings. There are interest rate increase of the savings but just minimal.
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:15:17 AM

I am one of them that support cryptocurrency banks.
Why I supposed is because not all cryptocurrency uses can store there cryptocurrency safely and need support.
Most people don’t know about cryptocurrency wallets or have never used cryptocurrency but want to know more.

Most important factor here is if you have a lot of cryptocurrency and store on a ledge or pc what would happen if something goes wrong. Like the Canadian cryptocurrency exchange where the owner dead and investors lost there crypto because he was the only one with access to the legal.
 If this was stored in a bank and was in control of cryptocurrency bank manager then this would have been avoided.

I have made a quick poll to see what members say. Please leave a reply if you have any idea how this will work.

Thank you for reading

It seems like your statement is wrong, bitcoin was created not for banks but bitcoin was created for freedom from banks, people are free to trade their own money without worrying about bank rules. In fact, bitcoin is made with a decentralized system and where banks are made with a centralized system, so both have very different differences and cannot be shared.
I prefer to hold my own money without the monopoly from the bank, bitcoin is the answer.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:36:48 AM

first of all, if a bitcoin user does not know about crypto wallets then they do not deserve to get any security, and what is your point on if they do not have wallets lets give them banks. just inform them about the crypto wallets that's it. and secondly bitcoin wallets are well designed to be recoverable and if you do not decide that you don't want any recoverable options after you die or any bad incident then it's your fault. I see not a single valid reason why cryptocurrency needs banks.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2366
Merit: 342

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:17:15 AM

it will be hard to realize it because we know that the bitcoin created decentralized it means we dont have any bitcoin center in the world, but if ou makes bitcoin banks it means it will be the bitcoin center and it will break the decentralized features on bitcoin
How it supposed to have that banks knowing that we can stored Bitcoin in our wallets either it be online or offline wallets.
There is no need to have that cause in the first place it is not necessary, maybe it could used for fiat currency rather than to be with virtual currencies.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:46:05 AM

Why I supposed is because not all cryptocurrency uses can store there cryptocurrency safely and need support.
Most people don’t know about cryptocurrency wallets or have never used cryptocurrency but want to know more.

Most important factor here is if you have a lot of cryptocurrency and store on a ledge or pc what would happen if something goes wrong. Like the Canadian cryptocurrency exchange where the owner dead and investors lost there crypto because he was the only one with access to the legal.
 If this was stored in a bank and was in control of cryptocurrency bank manager then this would have been avoided.

I have made a quick poll to see what members say. Please leave a reply if you have any idea how this will work.

Thank you for reading

if you don't know how to use bitcoin it is your fault.and safety of your coins depend on how you take safety measure.it is not like that all people need to know how to use bitcoin as it is not the substitution of bank money.so who are interested in bitcoin must know it's using.when a bitcoin holder die bitcoin will not loss if he share his password to his loving on or whom he wanted to give his property.creating bitcoin banking will impose regulation .
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:03:25 AM

Thank you for reading

I agree with the op, in fact whatever form of property we are obliged to find the best storage place and with guaranteed security for the assets that we have especially digital assets where there is no storage institution that dares to guarantee the security of our digital assets. Broadly speaking, relying solely on storage capabilities on computer devices is not enough to guarantee the security of digital assets, other than due to factors such as damage to hardware and software, the danger of hackers and cyber criminals needs to be watched out more.
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:25:15 AM

Bitcoin cyptocurrency banks need in high street because it needs to support the demand of every bitcoiner that have an daily transactions. It can help bitcoin banker or investor  to help them to transact more easy and less hassle and also as a security issue it is more safer to store your bitcoin in bitcoin bank rather than our digital wallets.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:37:46 AM

Bitcoin cyptocurrency banks need in high street because it needs to support the demand of every bitcoiner that have an daily transactions. It can help bitcoin banker or investor  to help them to transact more easy and less hassle and also as a security issue it is more safer to store your bitcoin in bitcoin bank rather than our digital wallets.
ATM bitcoin devices are becoming increasingly popular as many countries have installed Bitcoin ATMs in public areas with large numbers of adults. This makes it easy for people to access and use Bitcoin easily without going through any trader, minimizing risk in transactions, helping you be safe from scammers.

FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:56:45 AM

it will be hard to realize it because we know that the bitcoin created decentralized it means we dont have any bitcoin center in the world, but if ou makes bitcoin banks it means it will be the bitcoin center and it will break the decentralized features on bitcoin
I think if banks will adopt bitcoin then they will follow the rules of this currency. I know that no one can get control on it and no one can make it a centralized currency. They can only provide ways of storing and trading etc. I think if banks will provide that service for all of us then it will give strength to it just like we all want ETF on bigger exchanges.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:43:43 PM

The survey shows the interest of some people, though the number of people that applied for the survey is low at 27 compare with number of post in the thread. The idea of the cryptocurrency especially bitcoin shouldn't use banks but I think other idea of blockchain payment could be attached to banks for payment in relevant fiat or other means. 

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:56:38 PM

Bitcoin cyptocurrency banks need in high street because it needs to support the demand of every bitcoiner that have an daily transactions. It can help bitcoin banker or investor  to help them to transact more easy and less hassle and also as a security issue it is more safer to store your bitcoin in bitcoin bank rather than our digital wallets.
I think you are talking about bitcoin ATM and as we know there already are thousands of them existing all around the world. I dont think a bank would ever offer people the feature of buying bitcoin using their services because right know banks are closing accounts that are suspicios and realted to bitcoin transactions.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 01:05:51 PM

Thank you for reading

well I giggled a lot at that term bank manager in bitcoin. I think you are pretty unclear about the whole concept of a P2P network. You don't have to keep a bank in between two people transacting in Cryptocurrency because crypto basically doesn't needs this. If a person cannot use ledger or trezor he must be given knowledge regarding it. Moreover even exchange is not a good place to store money if you really take btc as a means of payment.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 01:08:06 PM

There is no need for a cryptocurrency banks and it is not even an issue of security. Its an issue of being independent from this financial sharks.

1. Cryptocurrency is safe  in banks?

* This is a false assumption. There is no guarantee that your cryptocurrency will be very safe in the bank. Even banks are prone to hacking and they will be the favorite targets  of hackers just like the exchangers that are in constant attacks.

*Your cryptocurrency is safe in your wallet. Store it in your hardwallet and keep it.

2. Banks are sharks

* If you keep your cryptocurrency in banks the moment you transferred it you will be charged with a huge fee. And also you should not hold your coin in the bank for a long time they will tag it as a dormant account and they will charge you with dormancy fee.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 01:35:34 PM

- Well, crypto banks and bitcoin banks will really help users get assurance and security in transactions and storage but the problem here is that users will hardly be able to participate in these banks because in people's thinking, banks always be a property of the government, the government will manage very closely and it will create many taxes for bitcoin and crypto. And the income is not so much while the tax may be too high and inappropriate, so instead of accepting participation in these banks, storing in the wallet will probably be better although it has a bit of risk

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:27:22 PM

Thank you for reading

In cryptos, we are trying to eliminate third party. It is giving financial independence to own our own money without anyone's involvement. All what is needed is that we can take care of our private keys. I agree ledger and some offline wallets can be expensive for people. You can always go for paper wallets. We should be responsible enough to take care of our own money than being dependent upon other. Even their wallets are prone to hacking. Hackers are more interested in those wallets.

I don't support crypto bank at all. We are here to make banks obsolete not to bring more.
roluedev

Activity: 128
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 12:30:54 PM

People say by 2020 we will all be using bitcoin as a payment system. Really? In my opinion, it is doubtful. bitcoin is good for trading them, but as a serving coin there are more successful altcoin units. What do you think?
I would not dismiss large service companies that run their token. for example, paypal, instagram, microsoft. I had a little time to earn extra money when writing forecasts on the taklimakan. and I do not plan to sell tokens just for bitcoin. trader's portfolio must be balanced
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 02:26:36 PM

I think you are talking about bitcoin ATM and as we know there already are thousands of them existing all around the world. I dont think a bank would ever offer people the feature of buying bitcoin using their services because right know banks are closing accounts that are suspicios and realted to bitcoin transactions.

Bitcoin ATMs are only in the main cities, smaller cities don't have them.

I genuinely think that the way forward would be if existing banks allowed people to have a crypto wallet alongside their existing account. That would solve the problem of moving money back and forth into fiat.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 03:07:23 PM

The survey shows the interest of some people, though the number of people that applied for the survey is low at 27 compare with number of post in the thread. The idea of the cryptocurrency especially bitcoin shouldn't use banks but I think other idea of blockchain payment could be attached to banks for payment in relevant fiat or other means. 
It should stay that way, having your own wallet and deal with it without any needs of going to the banks and pay for the fees, that's how we supposed to
enjoy this system, I don't know why we needs centralized helps even this crytocurrency already works without it.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 09:55:59 PM

In my perpective, satoshi wants people to keep their own money by theirselves and try not to trust bank system, that is why he invented Bitcoin. Also, In my opinion, it's impossible in the current condition. Bitcoin value is relying on USD and altcoins are relying on Bitcoin, therefore bank system might not be able to give an exact profit (in USD) for their customers.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██