Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MokiMarket.com marketplace now accepting bitcoins!!  (Read 602 times)
mokimarket (OP)

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 12:25:41 AM

MokiMarket is a bartering marketplace in which users can auction off new or used goods and services as penny auctions for free. Seller's earn 100% of all bidding fees in credits which can then be used to bid on other items or sold in the open market (I'll discuss how this works later). Bidders can also leave feedback for sellers to help weed out legit sellers on the site.

Our site charges a credit fee, the size of this fee is determined by the seller, to place a bid, which raises the price by a penny and adds seconds to the timer. The last bidder when time runs out wins the auction; because the seller is earning credits from bidding fees, the final auction price is usually for pennies or a few dollars on items that may sell typically for $100s of dollars.

Now back to cashing in credits...we allow our users to transfer credits to other users. This is a free service and it solves several issues at once:
1. For legal reasons in the US, the site cannot legally redeem credits for cash; however, sellers can cash out of their credits by selling them to others users, on their negotiated terms, without the site having to get involved. We have just open a marketplace forum which we hope will be used to facilitate this process.
2. It allows our credit valuation to float on the open market thus adding integrity to the system so that the site cannot just create a ridiculous amount of credits in the system out of thin air without raising alarms. We make our money by selling credits at a standard rate of $0.01=1 credit; obviously if we start giving away to many credits (we do issue a small amount of coupon codes for free credits), the value of our credits will drop substantially which is against our interest.

We have just implementing a bitcoin payment processing sytem which allows users to purchase credits using bitcoins by following our simple two-step payment process shown when you go to purchase credits:

1. Enter the bitcoin address you will be sending coins from and press submit
2. Send bitcoin payment to the bitcoin address shown in your user profile

And that's it! Payment will be process after 6 confirmations and within 24 hours (In many cases, less than 1 hour). Coins will be converted to credits based on the MtGox bid price. At the time of processing.

Example: One bitcoin payment is submited at 1:00pm when MtGox is trading at $3, worth 300 credits. If payment is processed at 1:30pm and MtGox is trading at $3.20, your account will receive 320 credits; if payment is processed at 2:30pm and MtGox is trading at $2.90 your account will receive 290 credits.”

We believe our site will add value to bitcoins as we are introducing a marketplace that accepts bitcoins as payment for a variety of tangible products. As the market of products offered on our site grows, the demand for credits will grow, and the demand for bitcoins to purchase credits will grow.

We really would appreciate the bitcoin community trying out our system, there is absolutely not cost to test it out, use coupon code: 'bitcoin' for 50 free credits just to try it out. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2011, 04:05:17 PM

Hi, I would normally post on your forum about issues pertaining to mokimarket, but my login doesn't seem to work anymore (on the forum) Sad

Anyways, I received 101 credits but it says "Credits from transfer from naypalm". When I check my sold auction items, they all say Pending (Awaiting Payment). Also when clicking on buyers shipping info, all i see is their name and a single comma where their address should be.

Please Help Smiley

mokimarket (OP)

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 02:39:29 AM

Hi, I would normally post on your forum about issues pertaining to mokimarket, but my login doesn't seem to work anymore (on the forum) Sad

Anyways, I received 101 credits but it says "Credits from transfer from naypalm". When I check my sold auction items, they all say Pending (Awaiting Payment). Also when clicking on buyers shipping info, all i see is their name and a single comma where their address should be.

Please Help Smiley

Hi you should automatically be logged in to mokimarket forum when you login to the site. Anyhow I sent you a private message as well.

You winner purchased item the wrong way; instead of going through checkout process in "auctions won" tab, he simply transferred credits to your account for payment.

In order for you to receive proper commission payout, he should go through checkout process and he also needs to add his address info to receive item. I would recommend sending a note to the winner; you can do this from the "auctions completed" tab. Just transfer the credits back to him and request that he send them again the correct way.

Let me know if this helps.
naypalm
Legendary

howdy

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 02:47:58 AM

Unfortunately, even after being signed in to the main site, I am not logged in on the forum. Perhaps I hit logout by accident (and by habit) and broke my access to the forum?

Thanks for the advice!

naypalm
Legendary

howdy

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 02:54:45 AM

Never mind, I had to sign in using facebook to get it to carry over. D'oh  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: