Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:44:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new look to KYC, from a customer's perspective.  (Read 1318 times)
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:40:38 AM

Now, to test KYC, the CIVIC project team has released a good application on a smartphone, where you are going through verification and further, by scanning the bar code, you confirm your identity in the project, so the scammers will not cooperate with this company!
What will happen the project itself turns into a scam.Giving the personal infomation to others has risk always no matter of who we are giving the information because most trusted site can even leak out our information or someone from insider stole and sell it on dark web.
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:55:08 AM

So, what does KYC mean? I always hated that thing, mostly because I feelt it is an unnecesary leak of information.

With these times and all the shitcoin scams and real waste of time and money I came to the resolution that we need a new meaning for KYC.

Know Your CEO.

The best way we could prevent or atleast act in the case (most certain) of one of any new project being a scam is selecting a number of trusted users of the community to verify the "Team" of any coin just the same way we are verified in most sites.
Since most of the new coins claim the "Team" is the people shown in the pictures they shouldn't mind verifying it to this peculiar non snitch trustworthy gathering of users.

In the case a project is to be compared to bitcoin or ethereum and the team crave anonimity you shouldn't need an ICO or could provide code before launching and provide a service.

Any ideas? Would anyone actualy ask for this before investing? and keep the word and not invest without the check?

I think it is more than a fair price for trusting someone with perhaps thousands of bitcoins.

Edit: I has another interesting post few ahead for (for the ones that read op only)

I am agree if KYC applied to developers team because many scam ICOs last year. But its hard to do because there is no regulation on cryptocurrency market, anyone can create their own token and sell it and leave it. If government regulating crypto, i am believe it will reducing scam ICOs

Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:53:02 AM

i all the time keep repeating this. it is ridiculous to demand kyc and private information from investors. crypto market provides an anonymous ecosystem for its participants. what is the meaning of the kyc.
HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:55:05 AM

Now, to test KYC, the CIVIC project team has released a good application on a smartphone, where you are going through verification and further, by scanning the bar code, you confirm your identity in the project, so the scammers will not cooperate with this company!
What will happen the project itself turns into a scam.Giving the personal infomation to others has risk always no matter of who we are giving the information because most trusted site can even leak out our information or someone from insider stole and sell it on dark web.
Guys, I totally agree with you. Those structures that are not authorized to collect personal documents must meet in accordance with criminal law. Each country has a specific regulation for such things, but the cryptocurrency market today is outlawed in many countries today.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 10:05:03 AM

This is why I've not been anonymous from the start. Everyone knows who I actually am

leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 10:36:21 AM

It is not a good application in my experience. I tried it firstly on mobile, I tried the maximum 3 times and all failed, then I contacted the CIVIC guys by email as requested, and still I could not get it done.

I will not say which project this was but it was several months ago. Everything worked well, I could scan and do selfie, everything,,, but when it came to verify, it said failed over and over again.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 11:07:45 AM

Does this company comply with European Union regulations regarding the security of personal customer data? What responsibility will they incur if personal data is stolen? Without answering these questions, few would risk using the services of this and other similar platforms. Cryptocurrencies are growing up and now companies need to get used to taking responsibility, especially when it comes to the security of customer money and personal data .
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:52:49 AM

So, what does KYC mean? I always hated that thing, mostly because I feelt it is an unnecesary leak of information.

With these times and all the shitcoin scams and real waste of time and money I came to the resolution that we need a new meaning for KYC.

Know Your CEO.

The best way we could prevent or atleast act in the case (most certain) of one of any new project being a scam is selecting a number of trusted users of the community to verify the "Team" of any coin just the same way we are verified in most sites.
Since most of the new coins claim the "Team" is the people shown in the pictures they shouldn't mind verifying it to this peculiar non snitch trustworthy gathering of users.

In the case a project is to be compared to bitcoin or ethereum and the team crave anonimity you shouldn't need an ICO or could provide code before launching and provide a service.

Any ideas? Would anyone actualy ask for this before investing? and keep the word and not invest without the check?

I think it is more than a fair price for trusting someone with perhaps thousands of bitcoins.

Edit: I has another interesting post few ahead for (for the ones that read op only)
Thats great idea it should be implemented in all ICO,IEO and other forms of crowdfunding event, I think we should apply these as a requirements for All ICO's to know better about the real background of the team that implementing the ICO and the project itself to be held criminally liable if they are mismanage or scam the money they raise.
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:56:22 AM

Well, the team must all pass the verification of identity. And this information should be publicly available. Then everything will be easy. Scammers themselves will leave the market. Of course, they will eventually find a loophole. But at least 1-2 years will be calm.

HyughA

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:02:54 PM

a lot of fake ICO and it uses KYC, be careful of your ID, it could be misused, trackico can verify every ico team, that's a compliment to a website that provides ICO

The Bank Independent Network for the  
▲ Blockchain Generation  ▲ (https://bincoins.io/#livechat)
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:09:22 PM

But I do not think that this will happen, who will verify his identity? Or he will send ID to everyone who asked for that?  Grin
This ID problem is trying to solve ICON. Maybe after that no scammers will appear.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:10:36 PM

Originally, I have known KYC as "Know Your Clients" but now I discover the new costumers refer to it as
"Know Your CEO". In the wise that it is majorly introduced to suit the CEOs better. Well, I don't see negativity, because I think the managers introduced it to authenticate the identity of participants and reduce scam,fraud and even crowd.
louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:18:02 PM

I am amused by such thoughts, I want to laugh at the naivete of the author of the topic. Never a single business owner will disclose all information about himself, because it is at least not safe for him and his family. Gangsters can come to his house and rob him. This is the first reason why directors will not go through KYC.

D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:23:55 PM

maybe KYC system must be annihilated from requirement need for just buy some token or coin, as long your token or your coin sold in sale event, who care about KYC procedure, it doesnt need i think.
I am interested in your statement.
My question is when a CEO / CTO / CMO submits the KYC on some ICO Rating websites, does their document check properly?
dolores13

Activity: 299
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:33:28 PM

Know Your CEO is a good idea , if all ICOs starters pass Know Your CEO procedure then u will find that 99% of them just attracted by easy money making and scam intention.
i still dont understand why investors give their money to some unknown stranger with exchange of trash whitepaper and some promises and then Dev disappear or keep burning ICO fund by spending it on them selves and investors waiting for coin or token to take value while Dev/CEO living a luxury life with their money.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:34:09 PM

Guys, I totally agree with you. Those structures that are not authorized to collect personal documents must meet in accordance with criminal law. Each country has a specific regulation for such things, but the cryptocurrency market today is outlawed in many countries today.
But in EU there was no GDPR that the user must agree with it before they can give their documents that related to the identity to the icos platform. As far as i know amazix was applying it and those icos must follow that (EU icos)
That's indeed any country has different regulation.

kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:41:24 PM

Good point!
I told already about that more than year ago. It could be good solution, or ether CEO will be some fake persons..
But main thing, no KYC must be collected from bounty hunters
Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:47:05 PM

Know Your CEO.

I really appreciate you posting. This deserves thousands of merit. The main thing here is verifying the team members of a project because many just spring up now to scam investors. Wish I had some merit to give. This is the best post I've seen today.
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:47:41 PM

I have tried to do KYC at CIVIC to join in a bountyhive campaign, that's good and in my opinion is very simple, but not all projects work together with CIVIC.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 01:03:06 PM

A bitter truth has spoken by this thread! This is the right time to be strong against all those shady ICO projects. They ask KYC for them who are supporting their project to grow, investing to make the success! Sad This is totally strange! They should come with a video KYC, address KYC and all the original documents. I feel bad that we are not enough united, if we raise this question strongly, then project CEO has to response our call! But people still investing without proper investigation and they let them earn money and scam! We have to ask them KYC first before making any positive step about those projects!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: