Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2024, 08:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to delete an unconfirmed transaction on mac osx???  (Read 624 times)
djspa (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:56:31 AM

Could someone post instructions how to run pywallet on a mac? Or another way to cancel/delete unconfirmed transactions on Mac.
I think i'll need to delete this transcaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/9f7624921d399b93cd4a93226e5fb375fe1bd402b452dca0171c385edae5d86f

Or maybe wait to see if it ever will be confirmed? If yes, in how many days in average???
I made this transaction from my Bitcoin-QT wallet and accidentally used 0 fee...

Please help me!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4798

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:58:11 AM

Could someone post instructions how to run pywallet on a mac? Or another way to cancel/delete unconfirmed transactions on Mac.
https://blockchain.info/tx/9f7624921d399b93cd4a93226e5fb375fe1bd402b452dca0171c385edae5d86f

Or maybe wait to see if it ever will be confirmed? If yes, in how many days in average???
I made this transaction from my Bitcoin-QT wallet and accidentally used 0 fee...

Please help me!

It will probably confirm eventually, but it could take several days.

I haven't had much luck running pywallet on a Mac.  You could manually build a new wallet that doesn't include the transaction by using importprivkey, but it would be a lot of work, and probably not worth the effort.

If it hasn't confirmed after a few days, you could import just the private keys associated with that particular transaction and create a raw transaction spending the same inputs but paying a transaction fee.
djspa (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:38:32 PM

Please help me!

It will probably confirm eventually, but it could take several days.

I haven't had much luck running pywallet on a Mac.  You could manually build a new wallet that doesn't include the transaction by using importprivkey, but it would be a lot of work, and probably not worth the effort.

If it hasn't confirmed after a few days, you could import just the private keys associated with that particular transaction and create a raw transaction spending the same inputs but paying a transaction fee.

Ok, but how to import or export priv key for a specific transaction on Bitcoin-QT?
Do i have to create a new wallet in the end or use the same wallet to send raw transaction? And also i don't have the balance to send again so i guess, or i have to wait until confirmed or delete transaction and wait until the funds return back.
djspa (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:17:20 PM

Ok something is moving now! I made another transaction (with fee) to the same recipient and finally i got my first confirmation from the blockchain. Let's see when will be the second confirmation. Most transactions need 3 confirmations to be valid. I have to wait now.
beltin

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:26:24 PM

Ok something is moving now! I made another transaction (with fee) to the same recipient and finally i got my first confirmation from the blockchain. Let's see when will be the second confirmation. Most transactions need 3 confirmations to be valid. I have to wait now.

Looks like its all confirmed now!

How much did you send on your other transaction?
djspa (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:34:30 PM

Looks like its all confirmed now!

How much did you send on your other transaction?

Yes all good and all confirmed now! Just send again 0.0035 plus 0.0001 fee. Cool! I don't have to delete anything!

But anyway, there should be a easy way to delete unconfirmed transactions on mac osx.... Will see...Maybe in the future some app will do that work...
beltin

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:37:17 PM

So your small amount effectively pushed your payment through as the tx needed to process the previous tx's related?

Here is my issue you see - sent payment on blockchain without fee!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512468.0
djspa (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:31:57 PM

So your small amount effectively pushed your payment through as the tx needed to process the previous tx's related?

Here is my issue you see - sent payment on blockchain without fee!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512468.0

Yes that small amount pushed the previous tx. But i did the new tx with the same wallet to the same recipient. As i read to your topic, you send from another wallet (with imported priv key) to another recipient than before. How could that push your previous tx???
beltin

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:33:34 PM

The double spend never happen, so I've sent another payment through from the original wallet to the original receiver.

I just need to cancel the broadcast for the double spend from my PC when I get home as its running my bitcoin-qt wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: