News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you use cash?
Yes, I use cash a lot
Yes, but I use mostly non cash payments
I almost don't use cash
No, I don't use cash at all

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you need cash for everyday use?  (Read 2931 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:27:43 AM

It is possible to survive without cash nowadays, as even in the third world nations credit cards and mobile wallets are getting very popular. However, the lack of anonymity is one of the issues when you go for these modes of payment.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:35:11 AM

In our daily life, we always need cash for the needs, it is must without cash it is impossible to buy some things in our local area due to because they won't use any debits card or credits for the payment solutions. So cash is always needed to sort some kind of things easily, with the recent blockchain implements the payment system has been changing but there are some countries who are using cash payment for their daily needs.
 I know at some places people will have to use cash only but most of the places are now accepting crypto currency, cash is not an old investment that people use in case of not having internet access, but most of time people have accepted the value of the crypto currency we are in era of digitals so for this age it is very important to have some digital currency accesses.
Yes indeed what you say is true, but there are still many countries or cities that have not accepted Bitcoin as a medium of exchange, I realize that Crypto development is very difficult in my country, because the government has not dared to legalize Crypto. But the regulation will change over time, I'm sure
of course if a country wants to be a developed country, they have to keep up with the times. of course for the beginning of the development of crypto from developed countries, therefore as in my country it will also legalize it. I'm sure too
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:48:20 PM

I use lots of cash. Though there are options for PoS/virtual cards on most major stores, I shop mostly on the small/medium size stores and they allow both cash and debit card..

I only use alot virtual currency for airtime recharge
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:10:30 PM

Yes i do need cash and used it in my everyday life because crypto merchants here in my place are not yet acceptable, i think it will need many years before mass adoption commence on cryptocurrency.
This sounds really bad, think crypto currency should be acceptable all over the world now as we know our life is getting better with crypto currency and we are enjoying new technology in forum of crypto currency, cash using wastes too much time but with help of crypto we can buy anything even being at home, so I don’t need cash now because shops and markets now accept crypto currency.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:17:27 AM

In our daily life, we always need cash for the needs, it is must without cash it is impossible to buy some things in our local area due to because they won't use any debits card or credits for the payment solutions. So cash is always needed to sort some kind of things easily, with the recent blockchain implements the payment system has been changing but there are some countries who are using cash payment for their daily needs.
  I know at some places people will have to use cash only but most of the places are now accepting crypto currency, cash is not an old investment that people use in case of not having internet access, but most of time people have accepted the value of the crypto currency we are in era of digitals so for this age it is very important to have some digital currency accesses.
I don't think that most places have used bitcoin as a payment, in fact every place I come almost no one adopts bitcoin as payment.
still need a long process for that, we need cash right now! wherever you are cash is definitely accepted
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 05:05:05 AM

It is possible to survive without cash nowadays, as even in the third world nations credit cards and mobile wallets are getting very popular. However, the lack of anonymity is one of the issues when you go for these modes of payment.
Yes, we can use digital money now but in some areas it is still hard to use cards. There are times I eat into some restaurants and after finishing my food, I just realize the they don't accept cards and I have to pay in cash but the sad thing is that, I have no cash that time. That's really embarrassing, luckily the manager allows me to withdraw some cash first. It is still good to have some cash on your wallet just for emergency purposes.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 05:33:42 AM

That is so true.

A lot of stores are now accepting transactions or payments from mobile wallets nowadays. Credit cards are popular even in the past years but then again, mobile wallets or transactions are also getting more popular. I guess the future is shifting to offline payments to online payments. Some bills also can be paid in our country using a mobile app.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:56:47 AM

That is so true.

A lot of stores are now accepting transactions or payments from mobile wallets nowadays. Credit cards are popular even in the past years but then again, mobile wallets or transactions are also getting more popular. I guess the future is shifting to offline payments to online payments. Some bills also can be paid in our country using a mobile app.

Lol. How many people use even credit or debit cards for their everyday purchases? Compared to the people using cash? The figure would obviously be overwhelming. I agree that there is a rise in alternative ways for paying but most of us still considers cash as a necessity fot everyday use.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 10:52:43 AM

yes i use cash for nowadays use. because cash is the fastest transaction in the market  Grin and when i use credit card or debit card i can not calculate exactly amount i spent in that day  Grin

turn the page
LegendOF45

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 01:43:40 PM

yes i use cash for nowadays use. because cash is the fastest transaction in the market  Grin and when i use credit card or debit card i can not calculate exactly amount i spent in that day  Grin

No denying that cash is needed by anyone and anywhere, transactions that do not need confirmation time make you very dependent on cash, almost all the needs that I buy use cash.
bummm

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:16:05 PM

You know, still, most people ( and this is simply statistics) live in the villages, far from banks and large supermarkets. They cannot use credit cards and cryptocurrency. They use cash only.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 01:08:35 AM

Not for poor countries, honestly in my country you still can't rely on virtual or digitalcurrency like credit cards, you won't be able to survive without cash, you have to buy food with cash, buy everything you need with cash here, it might be different if you were in the country advanced
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 01:54:26 AM

That is so true.

Lol. How many people use even credit or debit cards for their everyday purchases? Compared to the people using cash? The figure would obviously be overwhelming. I agree that there is a rise in alternative ways for paying but most of us still considers cash as a necessity fot everyday use.

I'm just agreed and what I am saying is the popularity of these Credit cards and mobile apps.

I am not saying that this payment method will be the one being used nowadays as stated by the post I agreed, "it is possible" meaning there is still that instance that there are a lot of people not using them. I am living in a city and usually, cards are being used instead of cash. Cash is really needed but what I am saying is that it is shifting there.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:14:02 AM

I trust OP is comparing fiat usage and cryptocurrency usage in our daily lives. It is quite clear that the people are more familiar with fiat because it has been one of the main payment methods for centuries now as compared to cryptocurrency which is just 10 years old. Also, cryptocurrency has a handful of stores that accepts it as form of payment if compared to the fiat, hence there is no doubts about the fact that fiat is needed in everyday use unless one intends not to patronize any goods and services.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 07:49:29 PM

Cash is universal and therefore is so popular, I myself use it in about 50% of payment cases, which is quite often by my standards.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 05:21:32 AM

We are working on Golden Currency project ( https://goldencurrency.money ), where we issue money that is available both in crypto and in cash form. We find the possibility to use crypto money in cash form as one of advantages. We expect that almost everybody anyway uses cash and in such a case the lack of such opportunity limits the potential use of currency. That's why we started the poll to prove it. Would be glad for your votes and comments regarding your view on such an option.

I will always prefer to use fiat because basically fiat is a money and currency, and in all over the world we could use it easily without any problem, but about crypto it is currency not money, even i am a investor of crypto and crypto is like my source of earning, but however i will vote for fiat, Crypto is best for online transactions only.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 06:21:08 AM

You know, still, most people ( and this is simply statistics) live in the villages, far from banks and large supermarkets. They cannot use credit cards and cryptocurrency. They use cash only.
you are right. even the use of cash is still more than digital. most likely that the use of cash every day is almost 100%. well, in this case, of course I also use cash almost every day.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 06:34:32 AM

Live without fiat?
Obviously, for now, it's not possible as mass adoption of cryptocurrency is still in the early stage.
But as time proceeds day by day many will be thinking about accepting cryptocurrency as payment for their business and services by which will be the reason us to live without fiat and start living using cryptocurrency to get our needs.

I agree, and that also depends on the country or locality you're in. For example, if you live in the United States where most establishment even the small ones have card swipe machines, then it would be possible to not have any cash on you to pay for any services or goods that you would buy. However, if you live in other countries that don't have that luxury or the technological inclination, especially for old shops that are still more accustomed with using money, or small shops that would not even think of having those machines to cater to card-paying customers, then that would be impossible. Thus, it's a case to case basis.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:04:32 AM

No I don't think that would be a great idea since you are going far from the concept of electronic peer to peer transaction. That's the nature of crypto and you should stick with it. I know that your intentions are good but I think it will not work if ever implemented (IMHO). It will no longer become interesting for us because we look at it as the same paper money we had right now, just another name/brand.

What I see here is that you are not moving forward towards the new technology, you use the new technology to go back in the conventional way of financing instead. The bottom line, I'm not in favor of this (no offense).
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 12:39:37 PM

Of course, I still need cash as a legitimate exchange medium for now, but if the government in my country has legalized the use of Bitcoin as a legitimate exchange medium, I will definitely use Bitcoin for daily exchanges. Because it's very easy to use Bitcoin, only with a smartphone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: