Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:09:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New P2P exchange in India  (Read 215 times)
coinfunda (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 09:29:18 AM

Hi recently came to know about Giottus exchange.
Its good for selling cryptos in India.

## NEVER SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS || NEVER CLICK ON EMAIL LINKS|| NOT YOUR KEY, NOT YOUR CRYPTO ##

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
100bitcoin

Activity: 860
Merit: 423

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 04:45:52 PM

While there are so many non-kyc p2p exchanges out there, e.g. https://bisq.network, https://hodlhodl.com, https://localethereum.com etc, why anyone would go for a KYC'd p2p is beyond me.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 04:08:28 PM

No matter how advance they are, Indians using a homegrown p2p platform is a big no no! At least for me! Any day RBI or SEBI can intervene and close that exchange because India is a hostile territory for crypto users. Along with that, those regulators will get every possible data from the exchange owners and track down the users if they feel so! Being an Indian, I will personally prefer an onshore p2p exchange just like Localbitcoins where Indian Government can't do much to track down the users!

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 02:36:50 AM

The exchange is genuine and few of my known have reported successful trade on Giottus so yeah you can try it. But I have also heard about fake volume on Giotuss, well never tested myself.

No matter how advance they are, Indians using a homegrown p2p platform is a big no no! At least for me! Any day RBI or SEBI can intervene and close that exchange because India is a hostile territory for crypto users. Along with that, those regulators will get every possible data from the exchange owners and track down the users if they feel so! Being an Indian, I will personally prefer an onshore p2p exchange just like Localbitcoins where Indian Government can't do much to track down the users!

Exchanging crypto in India is quite a deal now. But RBI has given green flag to peer-2-peer trading hence it's not too risky to use Indian platforms for P2P if they are not involved in shady business. Well, it's also a point how could we know that exchange is fully legit. So yeah your point is correct. I personally use Remitano and it's working perfectly for me. Also there is no requirement to do KYC on Remitano (LocalBitcoins requires KYC). I recommend Remitano to Indian traders.
100bitcoin

Activity: 860
Merit: 423

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 01:28:32 PM

But RBI has given green flag to peer-2-peer trading
Really? Since when? Show me an RBI circular supporting the same.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:08:40 AM

Exchanging crypto in India is quite a deal now. But RBI has given green flag to peer-2-peer trading hence it's not too risky to use Indian platforms for P2P if they are not involved in shady business. Well, it's also a point how could we know that exchange is fully legit. So yeah your point is correct. I personally use Remitano and it's working perfectly for me. Also there is no requirement to do KYC on Remitano (LocalBitcoins requires KYC). I recommend Remitano to Indian traders.

When RBI has given a green signal to p2p trade?? Can you please give me a documented proof?? P2P trade is even more riskier if you look from the perspective of a regulator. RBI didn't give any green signal to p2p trade as far as my knowledge goes! But if you can produce a documented proof, it will be a reality check for me!

Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:24:02 AM

For trading on Giotuss you will need to go with full KYC verification which takes away your privacy & still they are providing INR trading pairs which can be riskier as you see some recent changes in Indian Market. Coindelta shutdown their exchange due to unclear RBI regulation & WazirX Moved to international market which means WazirX already have backup plans. The same thing is going to happen with Giotuss if they don't stop their INR trading pairs. About their P2P platforms its good but requires KYC so its better to trade on other platforms where you can protect your privacy like  https://bisq.network, https://hodlhodl.com, https://www.xch4nge.com/. Presently I am using https://www.xch4nge.com/ which is very easy to use with its simple UI and charges trading fees for seller 1% & for Buyer 0%.

CryptoInsights

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 01:50:35 PM

You can also try Kucoin, pocketbits etc., Also, Giottus is one of the exchange exchanges in India.

Btra
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

MYID

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 02:18:42 PM

It was Zebpay alone a good exchange in the India which was offering very decent price of the selling of your Bitcoin. But, after the regulation passed by the RBI that no commercial banks will no more to deal in Bitcoin. So, Zebpay had to left the India for it's service. And, now there is no other exchange can give you cash against your Bitcoin.

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:37:12 PM

When RBI has given a green signal to p2p trade?? Can you please give me a documented proof?? P2P trade is even more riskier if you look from the perspective of a regulator. RBI didn't give any green signal to p2p trade as far as my knowledge goes! But if you can produce a documented proof, it will be a reality check for me!

By green flag I meant government and RBI have no problem from P2P crypto trading. Their only concern was the involvement of banks in such trading so they banned exchanges from using banking services.
Also Finance Minister said in one of his interview after the Finance Bill last year that people can still transact regular trading among themselves without any worries from government side.
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:08:39 PM

By green flag I meant government and RBI have no problem from P2P crypto trading. Their only concern was the involvement of banks in such trading so they banned exchanges from using banking services.
Also Finance Minister said in one of his interview after the Finance Bill last year that people can still transact regular trading among themselves without any worries from government side.

Do one thing, next time when you transact online through bank, just write bitcoin in message, you will know what will happen to your account. P2P trading through bank account also not legal, if bank know, you are dealing in btc from their bank account they will just close your account.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: