Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:12:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mcxnow storage  (Read 909 times)
thresher (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:31:49 AM

Safe to store what your holding there?  They offer some form of interest, so what i'm holding might as well gain.  There site says "not responsible for hackers" 
I know vircuex does the same thing. 
With gox getting away with criminal shit, I don't trust any of this stuff anymore, like the majority of us.  Especially when they put the not responsible for hackers loophole, so wondering others experience. 
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:02:18 PM

Safe to store what your holding there?

No.

Searching before making new threads is generally a good idea, btw.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:27:21 AM

Safe to store what your holding there?  They offer some form of interest, so what i'm holding might as well gain.  There site says "not responsible for hackers" 
I know vircuex does the same thing. 
With gox getting away with criminal shit, I don't trust any of this stuff anymore, like the majority of us.  Especially when they put the not responsible for hackers loophole, so wondering others experience. 

DO NOT store your bitcoins or fiat with ANY bitcoin exchange!  Only use it to exchange and then GTFO.  With that being said, mcxnow is the most reliable exchange I have used since they reopened back in Sept 2013.  There is a reason why you don't see it mentioned very often in the "Services" forum, because there's just not many problems with them.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:40:43 AM

I have not had any problems with mcxnow in the past however I have not used them in about a month so can not comment more recently but they seem fairly reliable.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:08:11 AM

I have not had any problems with mcxnow in the past however I have not used them in about a month so can not comment more recently but they seem fairly reliable.

lolz ....... he is very reliable in fucking you over.... Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:15:49 AM

Fairly reliable? If by "fairly reliable" you mean shutting down the exchange for a month or so just after selling 11,000 BTC worth of shares (in a process which screwed over initial investors by diluting the value of their investment), then yes, it's fairly reliable. Of course there is much more to RealSolid than just his little altcoin exchange. He's run off with money gathered from investors for other projects (microcash) before.

It's generally a bad idea to use an exchange rather than a wallet you control to store your coins. This is doubly so in the case of mcxNOW.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:29:47 AM

If you lose your log in he will take your money, if you don't log in for a few months, he will take your money.
If he just decides to screw you over, as he has a few times before, he will take your money..

I personally wouldn't leave my coins in MCXnow for a overestimated % interest.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: