Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:12:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Crypto Exchange and Wallet Coinbase Adds Support for Stellar Lumens  (Read 71 times)
cybersofts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 05:35:19 PM

United States-based cryptocurrency exchange and wallet service provider Coinbase has added support for Stellar Lumens, according to an announcement published on March 18.

The update states that users can now store, buy, and send Stellar’s cryptocurrency, the Stellar Lumen (XLM), on the Coinbase website, as well as on the Coinbase iOS and Android apps.

The publication underlines that the newly added cryptocurrency will be available for the majority of the customers, with the exception of Coinbase users in the United Kingdom or in the U.S. state of New York.

Last week, the company’s professional trading platform, Coinbase Pro, announced the start of accepting XLM deposits.

As Cointelegraph reported on March 17 in a market analysis, the price of the Stellar’s cryptocurrency XLM has risen sharply, making XLM the best performing major cryptocurrency of the past week.

Yesterday, IBM and Stellar jointly announced that six international banks have signed letter of intent to issue their own fiat-backed stablecoins on IBM’s cross-border payment network, which is based on Stellar.

At press time, XLM has gained around 5.66 percent on the day and is trading around $0.115, according to data from CoinMarketCap.

Reference: https://cointelegraph.com/news/major-crypto-exchange-and-wallet-coinbase-adds-support-for-stellar-lumens
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:32:44 AM

Wow, I haven't really took my time to check out what the project is all about but it has been hyped so much by companies that are well known in the crypto space, so I think it's a very good project with great potentials and might be the coin that will give us the lambo.

I actually got the airdrop from blockchain wallet and I am not ready to dump my coin now because I believe that this coin is going to give me my lambo before 2025, what do you guys think ?

For example those who got BCH in 2017 and not spending any of them till late 2018, might got another round of airdrop but in the form of BTCSV. This must be the power of holding and not-rushing to dump. Let's wait for few more months to years to study the actual power of holding! Cheesy
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:12:56 PM

Stellar was the one that got into blockchain as well right? I am not entirely sure if that was the one that blockchain gave away like 25 dollars each and all that but if its the same coin than these dudes are working real hard.

I mean if its the same one than these dudes got accepted by blockchain.com (aka blockchain.info) which is already super known in bitcoin world and than got accepted at coinbase which is basically the hub for crypto currency in USA. I wouldn't it be shocked if they manage to get Stellar into top 3 coins one day, its a shock to me how they are not already in top 3 considering even a fake ass coin like XRP is there and sometimes claims second spot. Instead of putting your money into stuff like XRP people should focus on great companies and coins like Stellar.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:29:36 PM

after last month when thousands of users closed their accounts with Coinbase because of their shady behavior which nobody accepted, this exchange has been struggling to keep their position in this competitive market. so it is understandable as they keep on adding new coins with moderately high volume, but it is surprising that they have chosen centralized coins.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:36:56 PM

United States-based cryptocurrency exchange and wallet service provider Coinbase has added support for Stellar Lumens, according to an announcement published on March 18.

The update states that users can now store, buy, and send Stellar’s cryptocurrency, the Stellar Lumen (XLM), on the Coinbase website, as well as on the Coinbase iOS and Android apps.

The publication underlines that the newly added cryptocurrency will be available for the majority of the customers, with the exception of Coinbase users in the United Kingdom or in the U.S. state of New York.

Last week, the company’s professional trading platform, Coinbase Pro, announced the start of accepting XLM deposits.

As Cointelegraph reported on March 17 in a market analysis, the price of the Stellar’s cryptocurrency XLM has risen sharply, making XLM the best performing major cryptocurrency of the past week.

Yesterday, IBM and Stellar jointly announced that six international banks have signed letter of intent to issue their own fiat-backed stablecoins on IBM’s cross-border payment network, which is based on Stellar.

At press time, XLM has gained around 5.66 percent on the day and is trading around $0.115, according to data from CoinMarketCap.

Reference: https://cointelegraph.com/news/major-crypto-exchange-and-wallet-coinbase-adds-support-for-stellar-lumens

Coinbase increased the value of coin added to the platform. For some reason the same thing did not happen for XLM. On the contrary, the XLM continues to be stubbornly horizontal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: