Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you are GPU only miners?  (Read 1347 times)
meccaflare0

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:56:02 AM

Currently we have major GPU but are looking into getting ASIC hard when the next generation of hardware is more mature
steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 06:56:22 AM

GPU only is for pussy´s XD sorry little joke  Cheesy

I ran up to 5 different miners on 1 rig and on some other rigs 3 different or more. We use every computerpart that can mine (GPU, CPU, HDD)

But i hate ASICS  Cheesy

I basically mine 2 GTX 1060TI 6GB in nicehash part-time only. If I close the internet cafe, I run it on my server. It is okay for me because I don't pay for electricity.
Someone pays for that electricity, nothing is free.

I said it's on an internet cafe so, The electric consumed in my GPU is not that big, It's not even affecting the current electric bill on the internet cafe.

Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:57:52 PM

GPU only is for pussy´s XD sorry little joke  Cheesy

I ran up to 5 different miners on 1 rig and on some other rigs 3 different or more. We use every computerpart that can mine (GPU, CPU, HDD)

But i hate ASICS  Cheesy

I basically mine 2 GTX 1060TI 6GB in nicehash part-time only. If I close the internet cafe, I run it on my server. It is okay for me because I don't pay for electricity.
That's the reality if you don't pay for the electricity, someone's going to pay the bill. Who's the one that pays for that?

A lot of people have subsidized electricity.  Don't say nothing is free, government hands out money like its candy.  Aid to foreign countries, money to farmers, military contractors.  They essentially just print worthless banknotes for free to get what they want.
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 02:45:21 PM

But i hate ASICS  Cheesy

I said it's on an internet cafe so, The electric consumed in my GPU is not that big, It's not even affecting the current electric bill on the internet cafe.
Yeah it's not worth it to lose your job over since I'm guessing you work there. Don't mine on the bosses dime.

But its free man, don't change electric cost! ......  ROFL  Get  your resume updated.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 04:25:54 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2019, 04:56:24 PM by lunobird

GPU only miner has its downfalls. If you don't have cheap electric your stuck with something that will never roi. With Asics you can at least ship to a Colo that has cheaper electrical rates. Colos tend to not like taking in GPU rigs due to the amount of space it can take up.

Right now roi time on a GPU rig is over 4 years with 10 cent electric.

Asic miners took a beating for 2018 worst than GPU. Top of the line Asics were generating negative revenue with cheap electric.

I'm learning more towards Asics now for 2019 since we are seeing more efficient bitmain z11 and s17 comming out.

GPU mining market is oversaturated due to the newbphoria hype of 2017 and lots of miners overbought gpus that have not paid off of yet or gotten enough pay dirt from them.

Good things about GPU is that you can buy them on credit card and pay it back overtime. Good on tax accounting since Asics they want to be paid in btc and a btc payment will cause taxable event.

Theirs pros and cons for both GPU and Asics so I would actually diversify into both. Or pick one that favors your situation the best.

bhadz

Activity: 2436
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 05:43:56 PM

But i hate ASICS  Cheesy

Yeah it's not worth it to lose your job over since I'm guessing you work there. Don't mine on the bosses dime.

But its free man, don't change electric cost! ......  ROFL  Get  your resume updated.
Yeah I think the boss will see this more as a willing to steal when he comes in and finds it mining one day and ask what the fuck.
It's free on his side and boss isn't aware on what are the additional charges that he has to pay. He can't feel the surge of the electricity and can say that it doesn't affect the bill because it's 'free'.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6408

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:23:51 PM

I have both, but mostly ASICs, it all depends on your power cost and gear cost after all, the fact that you can resell GPUs after you are done with them is not important enough to me, i see no point selling a gpu that i paid 400$ for 50$.

Everytime i buy a mining gear the first thing i think about is roi time, mining is a risky business , you don't want to be waiting for a year or 10 months to get to break even point, you always need to assume that if you don't manage to roi , selling your gear won't make that up when you do it half way ( some rare scenarios may be differrnt) but most of the time if you don't ROI in a few months you are screwed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
badbart (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:31:42 AM

I have both, but mostly ASICs, it all depends on your power cost and gear cost after all, the fact that you can resell GPUs after you are done with them is not important enough to me, i see no point selling a gpu that i paid 400$ for 50$.

Everytime i buy a mining gear the first thing i think about is roi time, mining is a risky business , you don't want to be waiting for a year or 10 months to get to break even point, you always need to assume that if you don't manage to roi , selling your gear won't make that up when you do it half way ( some rare scenarios may be differrnt) but most of the time if you don't ROI in a few months you are screwed.

Right now what ASIC is a good buy?  For example a z11, bitmain is sold out it looks like I can get one for 2k.  With my cost of power 4.2 kwh it make $15 a day.  But when the difficulty rises profit will drop if difficulty doubles my profit gets cut in half and that makes roi pretty far out.
lunobird

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:13:31 AM

Right now what ASIC is a good buy?  For example a z11, bitmain is sold out it looks like I can get one for 2k.  With my cost of power 4.2 kwh it make $15 a day.  But when the difficulty rises profit will drop if difficulty doubles my profit gets cut in half and that makes roi pretty far out.

Still much faster roi over gpus which is around 1300 days or 4 years +
UberMakedonische

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:18:11 AM

Hello.
I am a only GPU miner with 160 AMD GPU'S and 100 NVIDIA GPU's. In total 260 GPU's. I have this farm almost 2 years. For now is ok.
trebuh

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:28:55 PM

Hello.
I am a only GPU miner with 160 AMD GPU'S and 100 NVIDIA GPU's. In total 260 GPU's. I have this farm almost 2 years. For now is ok.

Shocked
What coins do you mine?
UberMakedonische

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:55:08 PM

Hello.

Shocked
What coins do you mine?

in the moment etc with amd and beam with nvidia
trebuh

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 10:16:46 AM

Hello.

Shocked
What coins do you mine?

in the moment etc with amd and beam with nvidia

Thanks  Wink
ohwhy

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:25:29 PM

Started out with only GPU miners and getting into ASICs mid 2018. The GPU's are far better in terms of flexibility and can always mine what is most profitable, and are able to test other OS, pools etc. ASICs are very limited, but they are very easy to maintain and setup which are pros.

GPU mining right now isn't that great but the flexibility it gives for mining different algos definitely helps and is exciting. Currently using ethashpool.com and thegrinpool.com taking advantage of the 0% fees and auto-conversions into eth and btc!
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:20:53 PM

Lol no, just no.  You must be overpaying for your gpus or mining the wrong coins.  ROI is nowhere near 4 years, stop giving false information and do some actual research.
mbsyahia

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:22:57 PM

I have only 2 GPU and now I'm waiting for it to go up a bit to buy another GPU
lunobird

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:34:25 PM

Lol no, just no.  You must be overpaying for your gpus or mining the wrong coins.  ROI is nowhere near 4 years, stop giving false information and do some actual research.

Dude just look at what to mine. Pretty consistent over 1000 days at least. Most cards are around 1300 days like 1660 ti and thats assuming you got below avg residential rate of 10 cents
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 05:58:34 PM

Serious miners are paying nowhere near 10 cents, if your electricity is that expensive you shouldn't even be mining in the first place.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 08:11:22 PM

Serious miners are paying nowhere near 10 cents, if your electricity is that expensive you shouldn't even be mining in the first place.

Is there a calculator where you can check at which electricity cost mining with a specific GPU can still be profitable?
lunobird

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 08:17:15 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2019, 08:57:23 PM by lunobird

Well best electric rate you can get with gpu mining in the united states at a colo facility if they even allow it is at 8 cents.  I have not found cheaper rates at a colo in the united states.

Sorry not all of us own mining facilities in china next to a hydro dam.

I will gladly mine at a loss to take you bigger farms out of business. You guys have much more operating and facility cost.  I can do this for multi years.  If i eat some losses no big deal that just offsets my income on my taxes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: