Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:33:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] PC Components (GPU, Motherboard, CPU)  (Read 126 times)
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 01:31:55 PM

Looking for a few components to upgrade an older PC I made a few years ago - Please let me know what you have / asking price.

-Accepting escrow, anyone reputable here
-US (East Coast), no INTL

Prefer hybrid GPUs. Could also use some new RAM, up to 64GB.

Thanks.
HardyGoodsLtd
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 01:56:04 PM

Looking for a few components to upgrade an older PC I made a few years ago - Please let me know what you have / asking price.

Thanks.

problem with this is we need to know motherboard socket and ddr type if your upgrading, or are you wanting a combo board and chip setup?
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 02:15:45 PM

Thanks.

problem with this is we need to know motherboard socket and ddr type if your upgrading, or are you wanting a combo board and chip setup?

I dont have any major preferences - a combo would be great.

Currently have:

-i7-4770k
-MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
-32GB DDR3 RAM

Couple of years behind and the work I do requires a little more power - specifically the CPU needs a large upgrade, to where I'm almost considering waiting and purchasing a threadripper.
HardyGoodsLtd
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 02:52:23 PM

Thanks.

I dont have any major preferences - a combo would be great.

Currently have:

-i7-4770k
-MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
-32GB DDR3 RAM

Couple of years behind and the work I do requires a little more power - specifically the CPU needs a large upgrade, to where I'm almost considering waiting and purchasing a threadripper.

yeah your right, as the threadrippers are really pricey right now and also needs a totally different board, if you're looking for bang for buck, I generally have alot of applications open, I was on a i7-6700 (only slightly worse than yours) and moved to a x2600 6 core 12 threads and it owns what I can throw at it, might be worth considering, I did mine that way as I can upgrade to a ryzen 7 later down the line, after recovering from a complete system rebuild lol.

TheBottomTurtle

Activity: 55
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 02:19:38 AM

I have a 1080 Sea Hawk X (the closed loop hybrid model) for sale in my thread for $400.  If you need a better PSU I also have EVGA 1600w titaniums for $129.  Check the thread for details and pictures or contact me if interested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: