Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:17:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS: Complete PNP Mining rack of 4x, 6x, or 10x rigs. RX580 8GBs  (Read 116 times)
FNTPuck (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:23:45 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2019, 06:37:59 PM by FNTPuck

Moving my mining location closer to my home and won't be able to fit as many rigs in the new location until I expand it. Looking to sell one COMPLETE rack of 10 rigs. Maybe 2??? Don't have the time to part out right now so testing waters in groups of 4-10 in increments of 2.

Racks:
- Sturdy steel shelving
- Rigs all installed horizontally for best airflow 2 per shelf with cards across the front (set up for front-back cooling so no card gets exhaust from other cards or PSUs). Motherboards on standoffs in the boards, and I used heavy duty plastic velcro for the risers and 3dprinted GPU bars to group them in sets of 3 GPUs each, with 3d printed fan mounts. Pretty slick setup.
- Includes Cisco switch and all ethernet cables
- Includes 2x server PDUs with all power cables.
- Includes 30x Globe ball bearing server fans for the GPUs
- Cooling was done by rapid air exchange in a sealed room built against the wall of our warehouse. Interior facing side was 5x central air filters with the outside two having simple $20 box fans as intakes, and the back was the wall of the warehouse with a centrally mounted 4k cfm industrial exhaust fan. Slight negative pressure to constantly exhaust hot air as quickly as possible, and heat separated into a cold intake side where the GPUs were and hot side where everything exhausted. Kept temps in check with no thermal throttling with over 300GPUs running in a tight ~12ft x 10ft sectioned off room in a steel warehouse with no AC and outside temps up to 92*f. With a second exhaust, an AC'd ambient, or lower outside temps it would handle even more but we stopped at 300 GPUs so didn't bother.

Rigs are typical ETH Gpu setups but all setup for max efficiency:
- Celeron dual cores on Biostar motherboards
- EVGA Gold 1kw PSUs
- 6x RX580 8gb GPUs per rig
- 60gb Patriot SSD drives all flashed with stripped down Win10 optimized for mining(NO windows updates, no telemetry, no unnecessary apps) with functional voltage control. Switched to Win10 after Linux voltage control was very inconsistent. Gets much lower power draw than SMOS - only 750w per rig from the wall @ ~165MHs while testing on a 120v house outlet(Kill-a-watt wont work on the 220v outlets to test)! BIOS profiles are STOCK on the GPUs - just setting undervoltage and clocks through an NTtool script during startup.
- Automatic downclocking and powerstates applied on bootup
- Teamviewer for remote login

Basically just plug in the two PDUs to 220v server plugs and stick an ethernet in the switch and you are up and running 10x rigs, 1.6-1.7GH/s ezpz. Power draw is much less than most due to the underclocking and functional undervolting. We couldn't get below ~850w on Linux, but on Windows each rig barely pulls 750w. Stock is 1100w!!! Due to that efficiency they are still profitable. With ETH still down in the dumps at ~$135 whattomine currently shows one of these racks should make about $640/mo with $390/mo electric costs @ our cost of .07kwh, or just about $250/mo profit at these bottom ETH levels. ETHC is currently 10% more profitable if you wanna be risky. Not to speculate, since cyrpto is always unpredictable, but a quick and feasible bump from $137 back to $200 ETH and one rack is then making $1k/mo. At the formally normal $300 level its $1400/mo, over $1100/mo profit after expenses. If I had the space to keep it, I would, but with constantly evolving hardware and software in crypto it would make no sense to rent a unit to put these in storage since by the time I pull them out and set them up I would have lost too much money to recoup.

$8500 for the complete rack of 10x w/everything ready to go - for another $300 I will include personal delivery within 1hr of Sanford FL. VERY FAIR PRICE considering just the 8GB RX580 GPUs @ only $120 a pop are worth $7200...extra $1300 gets you 10x PSUs, motherboards, ram, CPUs, 2x server PDUs, a cisco switch, rack, 10x SSDs, and all software installed and running!!! Over $10k in hardware delivered locally for $8800 or picked up for $8500. For a rack of 4, 6, or 8 please message me for quote. A 4x rack will include one PDU and NO cisco switch, racks of 6-10 will include two PDUs and a Cisco switch.

Local deal preferred due to time and difficulty to take everything apart for shipping. Pics to follow.

ALSO: I have about 10x rigs setup just like above but in the popular black frame cases that CAN be shipped for $850 each. We tested a rack of these in cases set up vertically to increase our hash/ft. They take up less space than the horizontal layout, but do not run as cool due to how much closer the cards and PSUs are so are not as good for big high density farms IMO. 163-165MH/s while sipping only 750w!
FNTPuck (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:30:32 PM

PICS:

https://i.postimg.cc/cCgjSb7p/racks.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/J4Jr36wY/rig-layout.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bYZNrYmh/withfans.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Xvg6Hmxx/gpuandfanbrackets.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/8kxk68Yr/powerdraw.jpg
Pages: [1]