Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:35:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advantages and disadvantages of IEOs  (Read 447 times)
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 05:23:22 PM

The reputation of the exchange strongly influences the interests of coin buyers. However, I think this is a temporary phenomenon, just like the hype around the ICO (in 2017).

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:15:44 PM

The main winners with this new model are the exchanges. They charge a fee to carry out the process and they get new customers since investors need to register in their platform to participate in the IEO. In addition, we are starting to see how people need to buy the exchange's token to participate in the IEO, so exchanges have a way to make their token more valuable.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:35:40 PM

The main thing, and the only doubtful aspect for me is the fact that exchange coins are absolutely centralized and depend on the reputation of the exchange. In case of any problems with the exchange, the price of a coin will instantly collapse.

ajdar.muxin.79

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:39:40 PM

I think IEOs are great only on exchanges that can guarantee a great price increase. Because I have hard doubts on fact that every token sale on an exchange is going to have success. Only Binance can give such opportunities, but no other exchange.
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 06:53:56 PM

Compraed to ico's, ieo's have zero disadvantages.

There is only advantages which are, guaranteed listing, secure middleman for kyc and transperancy about raised amount.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
shakesbear

Activity: 684
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:02:19 PM

Let's see what happens next, while many exchanges are trying to grab a piece of the pie and exchange tokens looks like another bubble, be careful.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:06:07 PM
Merited by Osarman (2)

1. Trust
We cannot trust exchanges all the times. Only due to the reason of changing platform, we cannot assume crowdfunding will be a highly trusted one for better ROI. I mean people will pay extra for IEO to make their fake project success through crowdfunding. In this case ICO and IEO will not have big differences.

2. Security
KYC is a headache only for airdrop and bounty rewarding and definitely not for ICO contribution. I am not sure what category it will fall like I am not seeing it as neither advantage nor disadvantage.

Over all, IEO will not change things for a common contributors. We still need to be more careful for choosing and spending money for better ROI and to avoid scams.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 08:31:39 PM

There is nothing in this world that has an advantage that don't have a disadvantage, though the advantage of IEO is more than that of ICO because it is regulated by exchanges, as you have mentioned, trust will be one of the major advantage of IEO since this token sales are carried out on exchanges that have already made name for themselves and also gotten trust from investors. The disadvantage is that not all company will have funds to least their token for sale via IEO.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 11:19:06 PM

The main thing, and the only doubtful aspect for me is the fact that exchange coins are absolutely centralized and depend on the reputation of the exchange. In case of any problems with the exchange, the price of a coin will instantly collapse.
Certainly, we have already witnessed this in the last sale of Binance.  On the 17-minute sale, all of my applications were sent back and still nobody knows what that is.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:44:24 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2019, 02:46:44 AM by Stargazer

Now, we should be really careful about IEO! Because after successful Binance IEOs, most of the exchanges are coming with an IEO. So, people understood the business! Many ICO projects are turning into IEO to make money or maybe to scam again! I have known most of the exchange according to the Coinmarketcap listed, but at this moment, Many exchanges I never have seen them, and they are coming with IEO with some catchy words! So, except big exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, Houbi, everyone again need to be aware of all of those IEO!

CoinChili

Activity: 239
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:04:26 AM

I have read so many feedbacks with IEO. But the thing is even in IEO, there are still scammers that are using it to fraud people. Just as you have mentioned, crowdfunding will be an alibi to scam others. If one of the advantage of it is the security, i think many investors will turn their back with ICO and go with the IEO.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:28:54 AM

1. Trust
We cannot trust exchanges all the times. Only due to the reason of changing platform, we cannot assume crowdfunding will be a highly trusted one for better ROI. I mean people will pay extra for IEO to make their fake project success through crowdfunding. In this case ICO and IEO will not have big differences.

2. Security
KYC is a headache only for airdrop and bounty rewarding and definitely not for ICO contribution. I am not sure what category it will fall like I am not seeing it as neither advantage nor disadvantage.

Over all, IEO will not change things for a common contributors. We still need to be more careful for choosing and spending money for better ROI and to avoid scams.
Yeah, the trust and security really matter and the exchange reputation, I think the current hype started by binance will only happen on binance because in the past years they have proven themselves some IEO the effects is not the same with binance which is sold out in seconds or minutes. Also binance verification and researchers are good they are not listing any projects that want to partner with them they go thru a long process.
Perie200

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:46:53 AM

Of course it is very good that IEO excludes scammers and lists tokens after the sale. that's all. I don't see any more pluses at this subject. ICO is more useful for scripts in General.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:40:59 AM

Sorry, I don't think it is like disadvantages. Everyone should research before the investment, I don't know any other investment source where people can guarantee the profit! Except for the binance launchpad, everyone needs to research a lot before buying coins from the IEO, every exchange are not trustable!

I am agree, not every IEO profitable and only from trusted exchanger can deliver it. Binance having a good strategy on their IEO and its already proven profitable for investor. Many big exchanger will follow binance step and its good for new investor in cryptocurrency
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 07:10:55 PM

Of course it is very good that IEO excludes scammers and lists tokens after the sale. that's all. I don't see any more pluses at this subject. ICO is more useful for scripts in General.
There is no IOTA of doubt about that, ICO is far more useful and more beneficiary to the society than IEO but the main factor that might make ICO very irrelevant is the issue of scam that you mentioned.

This scam issue has really put a lot of stress on the current market by not encouraging investors to participate that much in ICO and skeptical in investing on the existing ones too but as IEO has been able to build their confidence back, that is all that matter and reasons why IEO will gain more popularity, the only thing that is still keeping ICO in the system is because of the regulation and cost of IEO.
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 07:42:03 PM

The advantage I see in IEO is that it has a guarantee that it would be listed in an exchange, investor may feel secure not to be scam since crypto exchanged are the one who filter and scrutinize coins if it has a capacity to operate or might be a scam coin only.

Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 07:51:46 PM

It seems to me that these IEOs are created only to make a pump of the internal currency of the exchange. Of the recent projects, almost no one can buy coins. This is a new way of manipulation by the exchanges.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 08:33:11 PM

I approached an ICO team to conduct IEO to make the crowdsale faster but their response was that they wont participate in any pump and dump process. Though  the process looks like, thats due to the profit made for investors in the shortest of time but I cant say anything on the control of dump because the development i still young.
louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:17:22 PM

In the IEO, the main plus is that he was able to revive people's interest in investing in new projects.
The downside is that many exchanges conduct an IEO unfairly, they do not allow a large number of people to invest and artificially create a stir. Thereby undermining the credibility of IEO among ordinary people.

trashman43

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:22:58 PM

In my view, I think the advantages and disadvantages of IEOs are very similar to that of ICOs. The only differences i have seen so far are the fact that people can actually seen the amount of tokens sold in IEOs.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: