Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:42:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Literatus.org - blogging platform where authors earn [Bitcoin accepted here]  (Read 350 times)
prayer0000 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 01:22:26 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2019, 01:48:38 AM by prayer0000
Merited by eternalgloom (1), legendster (1), steeldisk (1)

Hi everyone,

I've recently launched a new project called Literatus (https://literatus.org). Literatus is a multi-lingual blogging platform where authors earn money from their writings. Simply, authors can set a price for their writings and earn from every sale!

It's live on 6 languages at the moment: English, Deutsch, Italiano, 日本語, Norsk and Turkish.

You can deposit your wallet with Bitcoin Lightning ⚡ payments (see it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLjCS5jwtgM) or BSV -- and buy posts with your balance. I hope you guys don't rage against me because of BSV. I have an eclectic mindset, so I wanted to use both. Imho, micropayments on the site are a perfect use case for LN.

So, hope you guys give it a try and give me some feedback.

Literatus.org
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AhmadM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 308

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 02:06:27 AM

I am a bit interested in it, is it same with patreon platform? The readers can't see the author's posts before they subscribe or buy it?

Btw, I didn't see your FAQ, term of service or support page regarding the project. At least people need to read some rule to start writing an article there.
riritsurya1202

Activity: 89
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 05:37:53 AM

The UI is still confusing to me. How can the author earn Bitcoin? There's no tip button or something similar, and I can already read some articles even though I don't paid any yet. I think you should look at your competitor, Publish0x where they allow anonymous user or their users to distribute tokens from reward pools to article that they find interesting. in short, they provide the rewards and lets the community decide where to spend them.
prayer0000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 10:15:03 AM

I am a bit interested in it, is it same with patreon platform? The readers can't see the author's posts before they subscribe or buy it?

Btw, I didn't see your FAQ, term of service or support page regarding the project. At least people need to read some rule to start writing an article there.

Readers can see a preview of priced posts for free. They have to pay the price to read the rest of the content. For example, you need to buy this posts to read it: https://en.literatus.org/@Trevor_Parsons/a-review-of-the-bitcoin-btc-lightning-network-wallet-called-bluewallet/b7d98ed8b699a0dc/

More details about paid posts is here: https://en.literatus.org/earn/
Terms is here: https://en.literatus.org/terms/

The UI is still confusing to me. How can the author earn Bitcoin? There's no tip button or something similar, and I can already read some articles even though I don't paid any yet. I think you should look at your competitor, Publish0x where they allow anonymous user or their users to distribute tokens from reward pools to article that they find interesting. in short, they provide the rewards and lets the community decide where to spend them.

It's simple.

- Set a price for your post.
- Users can see a preview of your posts for free. If they want to continue to read, they have to pay.
- When they pay, your balance is updated. You earn from each sale.
- You can withdraw your balance whenever you want.

If you don't set a price for your posts it will be available for free as in every blogging platform.

See here for more details: https://en.literatus.org/earn/
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 10:37:04 AM

Huh, I really like the concept of this and I'm pretty tempted to join actually, even if it's just for fun.
I don't see people earning huge amounts with it yet, I mean you best sellers have earned only $0.10 - $0.25 per article, but it's neat nonetheless.

I'm a big fan of the overall design as well, looks incredibly clean and easy to read.

prayer0000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 12:08:46 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2019, 12:46:44 PM by prayer0000

Huh, I really like the concept of this and I'm pretty tempted to join actually, even if it's just for fun.
I don't see people earning huge amounts with it yet, I mean you best sellers have earned only $0.10 - $0.25 per article, but it's neat nonetheless.

I'm a big fan of the overall design as well, looks incredibly clean and easy to read.

Thanks, I'm pleased you liked it! It's a brand new site with a little community at the moment. Hope it will grow fast. Authors earn price * reader_count. So, it'll be great for the author when an $0.25 article is sold 1000s times.

You know, authors say "there is no readers on the platform" and readers say "there is no authors on the platform", but we need to start.

So, I hope you join and give it a chance!
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 03:29:54 PM

Thanks, I'm pleased you liked it! It's a brand new site with a little community at the moment. Hope it will grow fast. Authors earn price * reader_count. So, it'll be great for the author when an $0.25 article is sold 1000s times.

You know, authors say "there is no readers on the platform" and readers say "there is no authors on the platform", but we need to start.

Oh okay, if that's the case then you're already doing quite well considering you've only just started.
I'll definitely think about it, the only issue I'm currently having is coming up with great content for which people would actually pay to read it.

I generally write free content at the moment, which I publish on the Steem blockchain, so making the switch to paid content isn't as easy.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 07:33:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I've recently launched a new project called Literatus (https://literatus.org). Literatus is a multi-lingual blogging platform where authors earn money by blogging. Simply, authors can set a price for their writings and earn from every sale!
The idea is interesting but don't you think that stemmit or whatever that site is called kinda monetizes articles as well? Moreover, if one article is bought by someone, there is no point for another person to buy it since the article will already be crawled on the internet if the first buyer puts it online. Maybe a system where one article, if solid gives exclusive editing rights for the buyer, could be implemented.

You can deposit your wallet with Bitcoin Lightning ⚡ payments (see it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLjCS5jwtgM) or BSV -- and buy posts with your balance. I hope you guys don't rage against me because of BSV. I have an eclectic mindset, so I wanted to use both. Imho, micropayments on the site are a perfect use case for LN.
Of course not! It's your project, you're free to implement whatever payment method you think your end users will be happy with.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 08:36:33 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2019, 05:53:09 AM by legendster

Hi everyone,

I've recently launched a new project called Literatus (https://literatus.org). Literatus is a multi-lingual blogging platform where authors earn money by blogging. Simply, authors can set a price for their writings and earn from every sale!
The idea is interesting but don't you think that stemmit or whatever that site is called kinda monetizes articles as well? Moreover, if one article is bought by someone, there is no point for another person to buy it since the article will already be crawled on the internet if the first buyer puts it online. Maybe a system where one article, if solid gives exclusive editing rights for the buyer, could be implemented.

This part of your reply makes me think that you have never heard of Nature.com
Or read / bought any of its articles.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm0195-27
That's a random one I pulled for you related to rheumatoid arthritis.

OP's project is similar to this - except its on Bitcoin SV / Crypto.

If anything, Bitcoin projects should post their whitepapers here - anyone that wants to read it has to pay for it.
Not only whitepaper - anything technical that has had research time & money spent into it, could find it's way to Literatus

OP - good work!

Just don't de-rank it by calling it a blogging platform.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
prayer0000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 01:02:09 AM

The idea is interesting but don't you think that stemmit or whatever that site is called kinda monetizes articles as well? Moreover, if one article is bought by someone, there is no point for another person to buy it since the article will already be crawled on the internet if the first buyer puts it online.

Yes, but in a different way. I think it's better to pay for what you get. It's possible to put paid content online for free, this applies to also other marketplace sites like themeforest.net, but imho incentives for this are not strong enough.

Of course not! It's your project, you're free to implement whatever payment method you think your end users will be happy with.

I think so, but crypto-racism is real thing :) There is so much hate in the space, especially between Bitcoin and its forks.

If anything, Bitcoin projects should post their whitepapers here - anyone that want's to read it has to pay for it.
Not only whitepaper - anything technical that has had research time & money spent into it, could find it's way to Literatus

OP - good work!

Just don't de-rank it by calling it a blogging platform.

Thanks for these comments and advices! Hopefully it will turn into a digital library from a blogging platform over time.
dij778

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 06:53:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I've recently launched a new project called Literatus (https://literatus.org). Literatus is a multi-lingual blogging platform where authors earn money from their writings. Simply, authors can set a price for their writings and earn from every sale!

It's live on 6 languages at the moment: English, Deutsch, Italiano, 日本語, Norsk and Turkish.

So, hope you guys give it a try and give me some feedback.

Literatus.org

Hello prayer,

This is a novel platform. I see you want to overcome the challenges of Steemit. Its a breathe of fresh air for writers. I would like to propose to create awareness for this platform by writing a review for it. Would you mind me writing and article on the article and sharing it in popular sites that have writers, readers and publishers?

Here is what I have done at Medium;https://medium.com/@dixnjakindah/how-to-choose-an-initial-coin-offering-like-a-venture-capitalist-c67c67b6917e

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks.
prayer0000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 11:05:30 AM

Hello prayer,

This is a novel platform. I see you want to overcome the challenges of Steemit. Its a breathe of fresh air for writers. I would like to propose to create awareness for this platform by writing a review for it. Would you mind me writing and article on the article and sharing it in popular sites that have writers, readers and publishers?

Here is what I have done at Medium;https://medium.com/@dixnjakindah/how-to-choose-an-initial-coin-offering-like-a-venture-capitalist-c67c67b6917e

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks.

Thanks man. I would be glad for this. Are you talking about a paid review or as a favor?
dij778

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 01:38:14 PM
Merited by prayer0000 (1)

Hello prayer,

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks.

Thanks man. I would be glad for this. Are you talking about a paid review or as a favor?

I am willing to do it as pro bono. With a view to get a testimonial from you. Kindly guide me on the key sub-topics you would like covered.
prayer0000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 06:17:49 PM

I am willing to do it as pro bono. With a view to get a testimonial from you. Kindly guide me on the key sub-topics you would like covered.
Then thanks! Imho, most important aspects are:

- It enables authors to earn money from their writings.
- It utilizes crypto. Instant deposits and withdrawals.
- Multilinguality. It's live on 6 languages and will be extended to every possible language in the future. Every language has its dedicated subdomain (e.g. https://en.literatus.org for English). This helps to keep things simple and well-categorized at scale like in Wikipedia.
- Clean design.
- No paperwork, no country limitations like Medium has (https://medium.com/me/partner/enroll/payment).

I would like you to sign up to the site and see yourself for more objective review.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 07:27:13 PM

Yes, but in a different way. I think it's better to pay for what you get. It's possible to put paid content online for free, this applies to also other marketplace sites like themeforest.net, but imho incentives for this are not strong enough.
True but as a buyer, I want exclusive rights over the digital content I buy, don't I?

I think so, but crypto-racism is real thing Smiley There is so much hate in the space, especially between Bitcoin and its forks.
But that shouldn't affect your product haha I mean people just want to get paid regardless of what the payment method is. They will find a way to convert it into fiat/other coins.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 08:59:25 PM

So the bottom line is your project is willing to let unknown writers to sell their articles in your Literatus website? I doubt that a first time reader would have interest to pay something up every time he just wants to read an article. What is happening is unlike Steemit in where publishers can earn at the same time their readers wouldn't have to pay anything but to upvote this wouldn't work as I doubt that readers will be interested on something where they need to pay up just to read, and given by the articles already published in your website I don't find anything interesting at all to the point I need to pay the author to read his/her future articles.
prayer0000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 12:29:25 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2019, 01:08:47 AM by prayer0000

.. Maybe a system where one article, if solid gives exclusive editing rights for the buyer, could be implemented.

True but as a buyer, I want exclusive rights over the digital content I buy, don't I?
I agree but I'm afraid I couldn't understand exactly what kind of exclusive rights you're talking about. Do you mean that a buyer should pay once for an article an own all copyrights of it, so, he can do whatever he wants after purchasing like publishing on his own site etc.?

So the bottom line is your project is willing to let unknown writers to sell their articles in your Literatus website? I doubt that a first time reader would have interest to pay something up every time he just wants to read an article. What is happening is unlike Steemit in where publishers can earn at the same time their readers wouldn't have to pay anything but to upvote this wouldn't work as I doubt that readers will be interested on something where they need to pay up just to read, and given by the articles already published in your website I don't find anything interesting at all to the point I need to pay the author to read his/her future articles.
Thanks for the comments.

Yes, it lets everyone sell articles on the platform. Of course, it's also possible to publish articles without a price (I think free posts will always be much more than paid ones).

Afaik, incentive mechanism of Steemit is fundamentally different, it seems weird and unnatural a bit to me. Don't know even where the money the authors earn come from. There are ads on the site and I can't publish unless waiting for a week or buying an account(?). I don't want to turn Literatus into a Reddit-like social platform with tons of social features and interaction. Steemit has a lot of content at the moment but I think a simple publishing marketplace will be more useful and natural at scale.

It's true that there are not so interesting articles that are worth to pay on Literatus at the moment. It's a brand new site. Hope there will be greats authors and thousands of high quality priced posts in the future. I think readers don't stay back themselves from paying a little amount of money to read a good article in that case.

Authors already try to earn money by sellings their writings on different platforms like Leanpub, Tuts+ etc. So, I think there is a room for this model.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:35:34 AM

I liked your site,it is simple and elegant. For the author and reader problem ,I have a suggestion if author and platform willing to participate.
Author can refund 25 to 50 % of amount to the reader if he find reader comment interesting.
For free articles , author might give some kind of code that will reader discount on Author publication if he is going to write some paid publication.

I am alive
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 08:33:41 AM

~snip~
Thanks for the comments.

Yes, it lets everyone sell articles on the platform. Of course, it's also possible to publish articles without a price (I think free posts will always be much more than paid ones).

It's true that there are not so interesting articles that are worth to pay on Literatus at the moment. It's a brand new site. Hope there will be greats authors and thousands of high quality priced posts in the future. I think readers don't stay back themselves from paying a little amount of money to read a good article in that case.

Authors already try to earn money by sellings their writings on different platforms like Leanpub, Tuts+ etc. So, I think there is a room for this model.
The problem I see here is the author has no way to monetize their content without making their articles "paid", and in that order their only way to earn is to build up an audience for themselves which I think will take a long time especially if the site itself has not a lot of users by now. Unlike Youtube, Steemit, and other money earning ways for content makers they earn without making their content paid at the same time their followers gets what they want without paying anything. You have a good thing going on here but I don't think it would work for you and your authors.
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 4095

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:14:38 PM

True that, for the internal pages, I was felling like in Medium.com, comfortable to read articles, but the home page should absolutely be improved, at least to attract readers, otherwise you will have writters but nobody to read their articles, so they won't waste more time to write original articles that don't generate them any income (as small as it is)

That being said, I still like the idea, good luck @prayer0000

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████