Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I like ripple more than bitcoin  (Read 666 times)
Tradefast (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:05:57 PM

Today, I want to discuss about Ripple and bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a digital currency, but do you know about ripple? the most promising digital currency in the future. Ripple is not meant to replace the currency that we use everyday, it is more than that. Ripple is more efficient than Bitcoin, it only takes a few seconds to transfer your Ripple and complete the transaction, before you get bored when you are using Bitcoin. Ripple is more valuable in the future. In the near future Ripple will be the most popular digital currency around the world. it will play an import role in the economic world, since the price of it will be smooth rather than the Bitcoin. so, I prefer ripple more than bitcoin.

nospamthanks

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:07:12 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency, but do you know about ripple? the most promising digital currency in the future. Ripple is not meant to replace the currency that we use everyday, it is more than that. Ripple is more efficient than Bitcoin, it only takes a few seconds to transfer your Ripple and complete the transaction, before you get bored when you are using Bitcoin. Ripple is more valuable in the future. In the near future Ripple will be the most popular digital currency around the world. it will play an import role in the economic world, since the price of it will be smooth rather than the Bitcoin. so, I prefer ripple more than bitcoin.

Given that the price of Bitcoin will undoubtedly level out in due course, what compelling reason is there to use Ripple instead of Bitcoin?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:12:55 PM

Shilling's looking pretty cheap these days. No amount of contentless new posts changes the fact, however:

The difference between ripple and Bitcoin is that ripple is a scam.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:13:31 PM

I like icecream.  Does ripple do icecream?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:14:30 PM

They are different tools in a toolbox.

Ripple and Bitcoin are not competing, but both tools will help pave humanity's way to an oligarch-free, bankster-free future.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:18:36 PM

Ripple is centralized/controlled. No Thank You.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:19:18 PM

Fuck you damn spammer.

Ripple is a corporation. It should not be allowed to talk about it on a cryptocurrency forum.
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:20:47 PM

ugh another Ripple shrill - can't fit in alt-currency sub forum so post here??
Does Ripple have a forum of its own?

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:23:55 PM

Please take this to rippletalk or the alt coin board. We have enough ripple spam now already.

DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:24:23 PM

The biggest problem i have with ripple is that each transaction goes over the ripple servers.
So the company ripple controls the entire network, that's even worse then a bank.
I do not believe in ripple and wonder why it is so succesful on the marketcap charts.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:25:23 PM

Ripple is more efficient than Bitcoin, it only takes a few seconds to transfer your Ripple and complete the transaction, before you get bored when you are using Bitcoin.

You need to understand why this is. Paypal and VISA are faster than Bitcoin in a way due to the underlying mechanisms. I believe Ripple has some type of trust based system where the nodes agree on who to trust. Bitcoin is fundamentally solving a different problem. Many people in the community are interested in Bitcoin because of the trustless nature of the network more so than the transaction speeds.

Also this shows you're very much unfamiliar with the speed at which Bitcoin operates. It's likely point of sale nodes will have code that checks the network for double spend attempts when accepting a transaction. Thus this means that 0 confirmation transactions are indeed likely to become the norm. Do you know how fast a 0 confirm is? It's very fast.

Ripple is more valuable in the future. In the near future Ripple will be the most popular digital currency around the world.

And where is your argument? All I see is immature naive wishful thinking. Nothing of substance at all.

since the price of it will be smooth rather than the Bitcoin. so, I prefer ripple more than bitcoin.

Market forces dictate the price, and Ripple has already had a rollercoaster of its own, thus negating your point entirely.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:28:12 PM

I do not believe in ripple and wonder why it is so succesful on the marketcap charts.

Only several percent of the currency has ever been released, with 95%++ in control by the founders or the company. When supply is severely limited so that only a handful of units exist, it's easy to get ridiculous marketcaps.

It's like I sell a billionth of my company for $10. On paper the company is now worth $10,000,000,000. This is the exact same situation with Ripple.
TheCloser

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:29:03 PM

I really like the facts you pointed out. Very objective stance on Ripple!
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3435
Merit: 4369

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:29:11 PM

the most promising digital currency in the future.

I stopped reading from there but i gave it a 2e look.

Ripple is more efficient than Bitcoin

I didnt looked any further.
grau

Activity: 836
Merit: 1021

bits of proof

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:30:21 PM

I can see corporations esp. banks will learn to love Ripple as it allows them to play their old "trust me" cards.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:37:35 PM

The market cap charts are not a lie, but they are a good trick.

If I have 100 special stamps and I sell one for $10, using that logic the market cap would be $1000.

But what if I had 1,000,000,000,000,000 of them hidden from view or off the market so they would not be traded.  Certainly the market cap is now not really $10 times that huge number.   

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:54:09 PM

Let's not reply to this damn spammer / troll.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: