Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2019, 08:37:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mueller report sent to AG // UPDATE MAR 24 // Update **NO COLLUSION **  (Read 315 times)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6042

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 01:04:02 AM

I listened to parts of it today.

After hearing what I was able to listen to, and reading about the immediate reactions to the hearing, this is what I was able to conclude:

*The 5 minute segments of questioning each congressmen/senator gets for questions is insufficient for high profile hearings/drama such as the Kavanaugh hearings and the Mueller hearing. Neither side is able to have sufficient time to lay a sufficient foundation to lay any hard hitting blows on the witness, which makes it more difficult to establish the credibility of the witness.
*Mueller's reputation took a hit. He was clearly not as sharp as a credible witness in court would be (who is testifying as an expert witness). He was clearly not intimately familiar with the report and was unable to recall even what should be basic facts regarding the origins of his investigation, such as who Fusion GPS is. He was also unable to explain the basis for holding Trump to the standard that innocence must be "proven". The highlighting of the anti-trump partisions on his team also didn't play well for his credibility. He was not able to even recall which president appointed him originally to be FBI director.
*Similar to the above, it appears Mueller may had not actually been in charge of the investigation. His unfamiliarity with the report (after reportedly preparing extensively for his testimony) makes it look like one of the anti-trump partisions may have been running the show. If one of the "angry democrat" lawyers was something closer to being in charge, it would remove credibility to the assertion that someone as neutral as his record in prior administrations would suggest was running the investigation.
*Trump (and to a lessor extent, Pelosi) emerged as a winner after today's' hearing. Today likely threw cold water on any impeachment push that may have existed, or that may emerge in coming months. Mueller specifically avoided using the word "impeachment" and refused to give Democrats sound bites from the report to use in political ads. The two above points also make Trump look good and Democrats generally look bad. Pelosi emerged as a possible winner because she will not have to deal with as much of a risk of the House (trying to) impeach Trump, nor having to deal with the likely political ramifications of impeaching him (especially without a conviction in the Senate, which is near certain).

When I watched the hearing, I was surprised that Republicans were losing so bad. I'd expected the hearing to be worthless for both sides. Today, I'm surprised that the consensus seems to match your view, that it was actually the Republicans who came out a bit ahead... Not sure what to think about that.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Astargath

Activity: 1190
Merit: 622

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 11:12:28 AM

This was horrible, mueller was the director of the FBI? He can barely speak and he doesn't even know his own report? I understand it's a long report but it's your own for god's sake. Of course republicans came ahead, he made a fool of himself.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
TECSHARE
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1390

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2019, 08:43:13 PM
Merited by Astargath (1)

"Mueller Reminds Congress Report Doesn't Exonerate Trump From Assassination Of President Lincoln"

https://babylonbee.com/news/mueller-reminds-nation-report-doesnt-exonerate-trump-from-assassination-of-abraham-lincoln

THIS SPACE FOR RENT  Did I post something you found helpful? Send me a tip: 1Hz3HZT4v8qxtyYiRQ66UHTUSK3dKCnVMW
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.