Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:57:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question  (Read 4423 times)
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 04:38:28 AM

PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

AND NOW

Weekly reports and OP update soon...

Most of the project nowadays are not into mining. They are more into buying and selling or trading. During the previous years, mining is very popular and profitable but now its almost worthless because of the requirements and fees to mine a certain coin. Its better to buy it during their presale, hold it for a long time then sell it when the market rises. Besides I think bitcoin is the only crypto profitable to mine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ioann11

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 08:54:59 AM

Hello to all! Profitable and trade in Altcoins and mine them. We must act wisely and differentially, respecting money management! Good luck guys!

immortal4now

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 05:51:48 PM

Hello to all! Profitable and trade in Altcoins and mine them. We must act wisely and differentially, respecting money management! Good luck guys!
As far as I'm concerned, it's better to choose one activity, so it will be better, because it's very difficult to track everything in the cryptocurrency

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
thehulkk

Activity: 442

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 06:02:48 PM

According to me at the present time we should buy instead of mining. Exploiting requires professionalism at work, and you have to spend a large amount of capital. The recovery of capital through exploitation is very difficult, sometimes depending on luck.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
wesk1212

Activity: 486

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 07:25:33 PM

but it always seemed that mining was much more expensive than trading or just investing for a long time.  because mining takes time and money for equipment and electricity.  And investing is a naked profit.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────

Activity: 364

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:17:56 PM

At present, I think buying altcoins will do than mining because things have changed in cryptocurrency. If you want to invest in an altcoins for a long term, then I suggest you buy at a low price and hold for sometime before selling for huge profits when prices increase.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
ridha inoue

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:20:47 PM

i think altcoin is not really good to mine, because it is so able to buy.
mining is need a lot of money because we have to buy miner mechine and need a lot of energy to make that miner mechine is work.
buy altcoin is so simple and we can get profit with trade, so that is my oppinion.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:43:24 PM

i think altcoin is not really good to mine, because it is so able to buy.
mining is need a lot of money because we have to buy miner mechine and need a lot of energy to make that miner mechine is work.
buy altcoin is so simple and we can get profit with trade, so that is my oppinion.
It's much easier if you can invest your money buying alts than setting up your mining machines and have problem with your expenses and maintenance, if you can afford to invest inside trading you can buy and wait the coin to rise and enjoy no need to complicate anything.
Airelves09

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 05:46:43 PM

I prefer to hold or buy coins. I don't like POW mining coins. Because I used to Mining a coin. Almost no money was made. Mining always occupies resources from all walks of life. It will cause waste of resources. So I hold coins and keep trading happily.

mattadc

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 05:55:21 PM

I prefer to hold or buy coins. I don't like POW mining coins. Because I used to Mining a coin. Almost no money was made. Mining always occupies resources from all walks of life. It will cause waste of resources. So I hold coins and keep trading happily.

I also prefer to buy coins because mining is very difficult for me, where I need money. You can start trading with $10.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
SWATX
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 06:07:05 PM

One profitable coin to mine! Here is the proof! SWAT Mining Farm owned by @antarmontar D & M Member of the project in Iran.. With Earnings of more than 2400 USD last month using lean mining Android APP! Cost of electricity and Internet Data per month just 40 USD!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5128167.msg51558917#msg51558917

Minting transactions of mined SWAT transferred to mining addresses live can be seen here..

https://etherscan.io/token/0xc0f1728d9513efc316d0e93a0758c992f88b0809

uralcryptocoin (OP)

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:11:58 PM

Week #5 Report (30 JUN - 06 JUL)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
###
##########

###
USD
##########
BTC
###
##########

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 11:33:55 AM

Week #6 Report (07 JUL - 13 JUL)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
###
##########

###
USD
##########
BTC
###
##########

A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
TropicalDog

Activity: 300
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 12:32:04 PM

One profitable coin to mine! Here is the proof! SWAT Mining Farm owned by @antarmontar D & M Member of the project in Iran.. With Earnings of more than 2400 USD last month using lean mining Android APP! Cost of electricity and Internet Data per month just 40 USD!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5128167.msg51558917#msg51558917

Minting transactions of mined SWAT transferred to mining addresses live can be seen here..

https://etherscan.io/token/0xc0f1728d9513efc316d0e93a0758c992f88b0809

Hello,
From the image, it is certainly that you mined with smartphones. How to do this? And, which coin(s) did you mine with those phones? Can you share more details because I have never mined crypto currencies with smart phones?
MMA Rats

Activity: 509

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 06:39:45 PM

It seems to me that now there is no point in mining coins, because the profit is very small, it is better to trade, the profit will be much more.

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 06:43:36 PM

It seems to me that now there is no point in mining coins, because the profit is very small, it is better to trade, the profit will be much more.

If you know what you are doing in trading, the turn around of your investments is relatively faster than in mining. And if your concern is only to gain profit and not about the background of the coin, look for pump and dump coins, but you need to know when to get in with them, else you will lose money. A long time trader knows where to get their hands on when it comes to trading. As they are familiar with their market movement, they can easily take risk their money but of course they are expecting a good return. If you are mining an altcoin, and they are not yet in exchanges, you are not sure if you will ever sell them or not.
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 07:05:26 PM

IMHO PoS mining better for me as it represents a compound interest strategy, when you reinvesting your income in mining again and again

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 04:47:44 PM

Week #7 Report (14 JUL - 20 JUL)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
###
##########

###
USD
##########
BTC
###
##########

Icologies

Activity: 994

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 04:59:42 PM

PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

AND NOW

Weekly reports and OP update soon...

yes, we can mine without any capital, only relying on the payment from mining. even if it is paid, it will not be paid without any funds. if the purchase is certain to have the coin and must have thought carefully to buy it before.

novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2019, 05:55:10 PM

Both approaches require knowledge in the field. Regards mining, you have to be located in a country where electricity price is low, probably Latin America would be a good choice for mining. Regarding the buying, if you want to take it seriously, you will have to consult with some people who are a pro in investing in crypto. So, anyway, this is tricky.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: