Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:30:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question  (Read 4423 times)
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 08:20:06 AM

For me, its mining. Only one time investment need and we can get started mining. This is hassle free and no worries even if the price is low as we are sure about the accumulation of tokens or coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:02:17 AM

It highly depends on the cost of electricity, how well you're connected with certain crypto influencers, and how much of an analyst your are.

If you succeed in mining coins that will make x10 or more later once they go live on a market, well mining is good, but that's huge work in my opinion.
Spiegelman123

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:02:58 AM

Greetings, is there a real possibility  of mining nowadays? I have low electricity cost and some money to spend or invest. I would like to hear your thoughts on mining itself and some piece of advice
It's great time to start. ETH is growing day in a day, Have you already searched for mining equipment?  Do you know how mining works?
Spiegelman123

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:17:57 AM

That's great that you are aware of asic miners. How much can you invest?
Spiegelman123

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:26:42 AM

That's great that you are aware of asic miners. How much can you invest?
What are the prices? Where can I get these miners? I have around 7K USD to rather trade or invest in mining
You may take a look at the reseller site globemining dot com. I can send you a link to their website
Spiegelman123

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:33:35 AM

I would be pleased to see, Have you ordered on globemining?
Yes, I have bought there several times. As I do not have much money to spend, I bought 2 Z11 models in 6 months. I really liked purchasing on globemining.
Spiegelman123

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:53:04 AM

I would be pleased to see, Have you ordered on globemining?
Yes, I have bought there several times. As I do not have much money to spend, I bought 2 Z11 models in 6 months. I really liked purchasing on globemining.
Do they have delivery delays? How long did it take to complete an order?
You'd better ask them, only know that in US it is a bit faster, than worldwide. My z11 was delivered in 7 days
valter_dego

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 12:25:54 PM

I have no experience in mining, but I understand that professionals make good money on this. It’s easier for me to buy promising POS-coins on exchange and get a small profit from storage of coins.
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 12:52:31 PM

Greetings, is there a real possibility  of mining nowadays? I have low electricity cost and some money to spend or invest. I would like to hear your thoughts on mining itself and some piece of advice
Since this question has come,
MultiVAC is using all dimensional sharding  technique and achieved more than 30K TPS. It also tested (currently testnet 2.0 has been launched) the mining possibilities with low performance systems such as our personal computer.
At the moment members are using MultiVAC's cloud mining process and also some are using their own with required low configuration systems.
Testnet 3.0 will launch in 2019 Q4 and soon announcement will come for mainnet's launch.
You can research more on this, visiting project's website and joining their community on Telegram.

zzortyx

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 12:54:38 PM

Mining requires large expenditures not only on the equipment itself, but also on premises and electricity. Traders are less dependent on anything.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
mattadc

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 01:08:39 PM

Mining requires large expenditures not only on the equipment itself, but also on premises and electricity. Traders are less dependent on anything.
But in mining you can calculate your profit or loss, and in trading it all depends on the experience and skills of a person

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:19:01 PM

Do what ever you need to do to accumulate more coins! Mine, earn, trade, buy, what ever is good for you and your set of skills, do it and do not regret it, our time will
come again, when alt-coins will worth a lot!
   Buying alt-coins is a great thing to do, but you can`t compare that with mining. Mining is investment that will generate profit as long as you have mining equipment, with
buying alt-coins you will stuck with same amount, you need to buy again if you wish to grow your alt-coins. Investing in mining equipment is more expensive in first place,
but in long-term it can be more profitable than just buying.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Samboo

Activity: 434

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:21:24 PM

It has been three years since I entered the crypto market. But sadly I have not had any experience of mining. People and my friends suggest me to mine bitcoin, Ethereum and other famous coins. But I do not have any knowledge about mining. So at this moment, I am very much satisfied with buying and trading coins.

bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 02:36:22 PM

I mined for a few years, made all my investment money back in about 6 months and then the rest was profit, ended up with about 400% return by the time I decided to sell the mining equipment. It was fun and educational too. However, looking back running the numbers I would have been better off had I simply taken the money I used for hardware purchases and bought Eth directly. I do think it was worthwhile because I learned a lot by doing it and have a much better understanding of crypto and the associated surrounding issues, but if you are after profit only I personally think mining is a dead end.

Maintenance time and cost when mining is something no one every really talks about and I found in my case it was a significant piece of the puzzle. GPUs running 24/7 will lose bearings and die, connections go down, pushed upgrades from various programs that conflict with your mining settings... all of these things take time to deal with. The mining calculator websites assume 100% uptime and that NEVER happens, I'd say you are lucky with 80% uptime. So if you still run the numbers and they look ok and you want an extra hobby being an amateur IT expert then sure go for it. At this point in my life though I'd rather just dollar cost average accumulate.
m.rifki

Activity: 517

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 02:46:42 PM

It has been three years since I entered the crypto market. But sadly I have not had any experience of mining. People and my friends suggest me to mine bitcoin, Ethereum and other famous coins. But I do not have any knowledge about mining. So at this moment, I am very much satisfied with buying and trading coins.
it can be learned buddy. I see my friends also have mining tools. and I also followed it. I learned from those who have done mining and managed to get more assets. at first I was hesitant, but with limited capital maybe mining was also good besides trading.

dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 05:29:50 PM

mining has been not that much profitable as what I have heard from this forum. I have stopped mining like more than a year ago and have been doing trading ever since, and it is very much profitable for me plus without the hassle of mining and all, so personally, I would recommend that.

rich93

Activity: 595
Merit: 101

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2019, 07:34:33 PM

If you mine, you should understand that the payback is very small and it will take a long time, but if you buy coins, the profit will be entirely up to you.

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 10:50:31 AM

If you buy from top 20 cryptos last month, you may double or triple your earning now, if you wanted to earn profit quickly, you could buy cryptos of your choice, however, a stable but small profit, go for mining.

On mining, you have to invest in hardware, internet, space and time.

On buying, you only need you few of time and money. 

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 10:59:32 AM
Merited by ajqjjj (1)

PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

AND NOW

Weekly reports and OP update soon...

I can not say exactly about the prey, because I have no experience in this area.  But about the purchase of coins on the Delta Stock Exchange, I can say the following.  I bought cheap coins of two projects and made a good profit, though I had to wait.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:03:10 AM

I have mine some altcoins. Mining is not profitable, except sometime if you succeed to mine at the very start of a coin. But price tends to fall after a certain time. So it is better to immediately sell your coin. Except if you really believe in the very long term of the coin. The cost of mining a coin is like paying the double price of a coin at the current market price. I don't think it is worth to mine any coin. I don't have any ASIC miner, maybe it is more profitable with a specialized hardware. But with a computer and GPU cards, it is not worth the investment as you have to pay your electricity bill and your hardware becomes old faster and can get burned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: