Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:23:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IEO: Risks Come With You Should Know  (Read 576 times)
hta (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 6

A happy family is but an earlier heaven!

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 02:41:53 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2019, 11:44:35 AM by hta

The IEO is really HOT and very HOT in recent times when people have discussed it and struggled to line up to buy, which reminds me of the time when ICO was still HOT, it was almost like like that. But our grandparents had said, small boats - small waves, big boats - big waves. The higher the interest rate, the more risk it will have. Today, I will analyze the risks associated with your investment in IEO.

You should know that the IEO is very similar to ICO, It is a form of capital mobilization through public openings, only in one place is ICO open on their home page, and the IEO is open to sell through exchanges. So what is the risk here?

Price Risk:
According to our own observations, as well as experience, the IEO nature is also a project like ICO, which also mobilizes capital, as a company, so also has a specific roadmap, a development path, and so on. Not sure if the project is successful? It depends on the ability of the Project Leadership Board. You may hear that the price of the IEO after going to the floor will increase by five or ten times, but it is likely that the project will succeed so that the price continues to increase.

Risk of Exchange:
Currently there are few exchanges to release IEO, currently only Binance and Huobi. But it is quite certain that there will be hundreds of different trading floors joining this aromatic market in the near future. You should know this is an aromatic tribe for investors but if compared to the floor, it is not fragrant. If an IEO is successfully sold, the exchanges will charge a huge fee along with marketing costs and even own some IEO tokens.

But when too much, it is very difficult to choose, the easiest is to always choose the big and reputable exchanges, the small ones will be judged by the situation and consider, I think the big ones will be easier to xxx and other small floors, the possibility of x3 x5 may not be available, the wrong choice can be quickly divided into accounts.

Risk of exchange Token prices used to purchase IEO:

As you know, the IEO on Binance recently, the one who cried and laughed, who bought it was happy, the rest were crying. And these IEOs must mostly be purchased with the token of that exchange: For example, the IEO on Binance uses Binance Coin (BNB), the IEO on Huobi Prime uses HT token, ...
According to my observation, before the IEO, the price of tokens on the floor will increase due to increasing demand, investors must buy token to buy an IEO, After the IEO ends, a large number of investors will not buy being able to sell tokens exchange will reduce the price. For example, token BNB in ​​IEO Con Celer, there are 39,000 people, each preparing 96 BNB to buy, calculated to be about $ 59 million ready, but only $ 4 million sold successfully, then the rest what will I do? Some will sell, some will keep waiting for the next IEO.

Bad IEO Risks:
Like the risk of exchange, once there are too many exchanges joining the IEO, there will be a lot of IEOs, good IEOs, and very bad ones. . Some exchanges will be profitable but forget to review the project carefully, the result is .... This, I am not sure but I think there will be bad guys appear when this trend continues to flourish. Buying a bad one will be divided into accounts instead of X accounts.

Summary:
Calm, confident, non-negative, avoid investing in wrong exchange, wrong projects. Upgrade skills as well as knowledge before investing, as well as regularly updating your knowledge as well as projects. Good luck!

LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE FOR TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW. THE IMPORTANT IS NOT TO STOP QUESTIONING (ALBERT EINSTEIN)
madrogue

Activity: 98
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:29:29 AM

Why you post same topic again after your 2 post with this topic is deleted because spam ?
Do you want merit begging ?
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 01:11:28 AM

actually I don't know well about the IEO (Initial Exchange Offering), therefore with your explanation I can understand more about the IEO. although there is still much I want to know about the IEO
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 11:12:42 AM

IEO at least ensure tokens liquidity, which is definitely favourable for hot hand investor that want to profit on volumes, and also less hassle for both investor and owners to promote upon other platforms, still it's a very premium services that involves lots of money. Risks is somehow mitigated as exchange verifies and they wouldn't want get involved in scam projects

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 11:28:03 AM

actually I don't know well about the IEO (Initial Exchange Offering), therefore with your explanation I can understand more about the IEO. although there is still much I want to know about the IEO
IEO is initial exchange offer. The new public sale offer that started recently in Binance. So, public sales are in exchange, and binance's sales left a good effect and then the new trend began.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 11:33:04 AM

Crypto adopters are assuming after IEO, that "due diligence" part is no more required and would contribute to initial offering blindly as some "reputed" exchange will take care of those things. But, practically IEO may start looking similar to ICO. I mean we cannot relay exchanges for long duration as already they are known for faking volumes now why not they will hide some information for their IEO clients ?

Moreover, IEO sounds like centralized way of crowdfunding whereas when ICO was conducted here in this forum, we can be sure that it was done through community contribution hence decentralization was followed. Centralized things will not sustain Cool.
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 12:34:08 PM

It is same utility token but not sold by ico itself, it is selling by an exchange. So basically ico on an exchange. Not that different, just it comes with a guaranteed listing.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 01:19:13 PM

The problem IEO that ordinary man can't buy tokens, tokens sell in just a few seconds, i tried in Binace and just now in Huobi.
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:27:52 PM

The IEO is now being used by many interested parties compared to ICO. Because investors are mostly enthusiastic about this IEO. All investments certainly have the risk of being in the IEO or ICO. But in the IEO not everyone can buy because there is so much competition that makes you have to work hard to be able to invest there.
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:52:53 PM

The problem IEO that ordinary man can't buy tokens, tokens sell in just a few seconds, i tried in Binace and just now in Huobi.

Binance announced that they will switch to a lottery system for future IEOs.

https://www.binance.com/en/blog/316491046311071744/Update-to-the-Binance-Launchpad-Token-Sale-Format
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:01:26 PM

The biggest risk is not the participants of the IEO but the participants of the transaction after that, they are at great risk

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:06:02 PM

just like you said, neither ICO or IEO have their own risk, even somehow the both of them is similar, the important thing is, ICO could be the fake project one, besides IEO surely the real one, why i say that, because IEO already partnering with exchanget to guarantee the safe fund for investor.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:32:41 PM

just like you said, neither ICO or IEO have their own risk, even somehow the both of them is similar, the important thing is, ICO could be the fake project one, besides IEO surely the real one, why i say that, because IEO already partnering with exchanget to guarantee the safe fund for investor.
Yes it is true.Mostly, IEO has more advantages than ICO.The only negative (at least for me) is that I, as a child, should have time to invest.If the exchange conduct ICO and not IEO then I would prefer the second option.I wonder what amount the exchange take for their services?Probably half of the collected funds Grin
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:11:16 PM

Binance launched pad is

Binance announced that they will switch to a lottery system for future IEOs.

https://www.binance.com/en/blog/316491046311071744/Update-to-the-Binance-Launchpad-Token-Sale-Format

Binance launched pad is same thing with Kucoin's Spotlight which was also created recently. This is where they would do the IEO for the projects who wants funded through them. One thing that might just be a disadvantage for users here is that, bounty hunters like us might not be needed.

I can see Kucoin or binance would be sending massive emails to those users to inform about new token sale every time.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:37:30 PM

Price wise and trust wise it may be feel good for investors, but frankly to say we are get involved in another capitalism on decentralised marketplace. This is what we hate to being anonymous and decentralised.
Now all people should aware of this initially and need to avoid for have right on the tokens. This advice is for all the ICO owners and whale investors. Keep capitalism on everyone's hand for keep momentum for long term.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sctunter

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:40:41 PM

with big risk you will get big profit too
with big name of exchange they wont make the IEO from their exchange fail. It happend on CELR(binance) and TOP (huobi) with 4x up from IEO price
but this FOMO will end up soon . just temporary.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:58:17 PM

The risk of not getting listed is greatly reduced.

In theory, that risk is nonexistent, if an exchange runs an IEO and they don't list the token of that IEO, it would be hard to understand. In addition, the main reason why people are interested in this model when it comes to big exchanges is that they know the token will be traded in one of these big exchanges.
auntyjmary

Activity: 368
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:45:10 AM

IEO has become very common in recent times and crypto enthusiasts especially traders/investors are more interested in IEOs than ICOs. The risks involved in participating in IEOs on well known exchanges is less compared to most ICOs. For instance, some ICO projects are even struggling to get their tokens listed on the exchanges so people would easily go for IEOs.
Erickan

Activity: 266
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:54:22 AM

Moreover, IEO sounds like centralized way of crowdfunding whereas when ICO was conducted here in this forum, we can be sure that it was done through community contribution hence decentralization was followed. Centralized things will not sustain Cool.

The IEO has lost the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency, as you know, after Binance's IEO succeeded, BNB became exclusive in buying IEO. It causes BNB inflation, IEO is not for everyone, it is only for large investors, so it will also quickly collapse.
Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 12:07:38 PM

You are not alone. My question is, if IEO projects sell out fast like I do hear people say and guarantees listing on exchange, will that also guarantee the project being stable all the way?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: