Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:12:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.to DOMAIN is a Pishing Site [DO NOT LOGIN]  (Read 274 times)
DreamStage (OP)

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:24:00 AM
Merited by bones261 (2)

Hello Bitcointalkers Community.

I want to shout out to everyone that if you ever come across the following domain: bitcointalk.to -> DO NOT LOGIN

DISCLAIMER:

• I am not a scammer, neither advertising the pishing site itself thus warning to everyone how SERIOUS this pishing site is and what's going on behind it.
  • If you knew it already this topic is not for you.
  • If this is the wrong Section to post something like this please move to the respective one, thank you in advance.

Back to the topic's discussion:

My Account has been scammed back in 2017 due to my own self unawareness of the pishing site itself. I was not logged and found it odd (just like an ordinary day trying to get back in into Bitcointalk).
After first login attempt i was redirected to this domain .org to login again from the .to pishing one (where i logged the first time).

Since then everything was working fine as my browser was highlighting the main domain ".org". Till the next morning when my account was hacked and i could not log anymore neither able to recover it (i didn't had the knowledge to what actions i could make to recover it).

Gratefully my account has been restored with signature ownership confirmation and here i am glad again warning any other bitcointalkers that might end up in the same situation.

I want also to give a last statement about Bitcointalk black market accounts sales:

I believe that this is where they are coming from (from the pishing site itself) so take good care of your accounts.

Once again thank you for reading and glad i can help you if you are at this situation.

Nothing to see here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:33:59 AM

This topic has been discussed here many many times, but I guess a reminder couldn't hurt. Especially if it is coming from OPs personal experience.

Sadly, the phishing site is still present in the search results of google, so one should never use google search to log in. Rather one should type in bitcointalk.org directly in the address bar to avoid this kind of phishing attack.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18512

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:39:24 AM

This is at least the 4th thread this week about this site. See below for instructions on how to protect yourself.

If you add the ".to" site to your hosts file, your browser will flat out refuse to open it. You can completely eliminate the risk of being phished by this site in <30 seconds. I'll quote myself below from the last time this was discussed with instruction on how to do so. Alternatively, if you are using Windows, your hosts file can be found in "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\".

See the following site for instructions on how to open your hosts file on Windows, Mac or Linux: https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

Add the following line to the bottom of your hosts file:
Code:
0.0.0.0 bitcointalk.to
DreamStage (OP)

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:39:50 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2019, 11:51:22 AM by DreamStage

Hum i did search on the forum to see if there was any topics about it but after searching for the domain string i could not find any so i made mine.

This is at least the 4th thread this week about this site. See below for instructions on how to protect yourself.

If you add the ".to" site to your hosts file, your browser will flat out refuse to open it. You can completely eliminate the risk of being phished by this site in <30 seconds. I'll quote myself below from the last time this was discussed with instruction on how to do so. Alternatively, if you are using Windows, your hosts file can be found in "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\".

See the following site for instructions on how to open your hosts file on Windows, Mac or Linux: https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

Add the following line to the bottom of your hosts file:
Code:
0.0.0.0 bitcointalk.to

Yes i know that and already made that thanks again Tongue

Can't we just stick some of these informations into somewhere inside Bitcointalk as pinned topic?

Nothing to see here
Cøbra
Bitcoin.org domain administrator

Activity: 123
Merit: 470

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 10:38:20 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

Also watch out for bitcointalk.com, it's not a phishing site, but I wouldn't be surprised if it became one. Markets itself as the "new Bitcointalk". Obviously don't sign up with the same credentials, since it has no relation to the real Bitcointalk.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 12:06:33 AM

I just want to add this site below.

Code:
http://fonstavka.com

Just found when trying to search about "Bitforce Sc schematic diagram"

I'd like the other members to be aware on these sites which is possible phishing site.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████