Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:38:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $5000 Buying old mining wallet ($400 for reference)  (Read 862 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:22:51 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

Another reason to acquire old wallets is to tie them to people IRL.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stmar

Activity: 196
Merit: 52

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 09:59:00 PM

Another reason to acquire old wallets is to tie them to people IRL.
Maybe someone wants to legalize their money, but still it is very problematic.
But if indeed at that time there was a good amount of bitcoins on one of the wallets, then this makes sense.
[add] And if at that time Bitcoin went from this wallet to some crypto exchange, then this is a 100% way to legalize your money.
javiermedina86 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:22:43 PM

If 2014 works for you, i have wallet which had 120 btc.
I can sign message of course and i am more than willing to use bitcointalk escrow.
Feel free to pm me your telegram because our private message limitations as newbies sucks.
Cheers.

I just sent you a PM.
javiermedina86 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 11:10:54 PM

Updated the first clause of the offer.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 11:20:28 PM

Can someone enlighten me, what OP will gain from this?  Huh I am not up to date with all this Btrash, faketoshi drama and I am not following this logic correctly.  Sad

What is so difficult about it?

If you get access to old wallets, then you can present yourself as the original owner of such wallets, and try to present yourself as someone that you are not.

"Hey! I've been mining in 2010! Look at my wallet."

What does that achieve for me Huh I can impersonate who? A miner? An early adopter? Is that worth 4k?

Apparently it is worth $4k to be able to impersonate a 2010 miner for certain people.  It is a uncommon appreciation, and that is why it would likely only be valuable to a narrow kind of a person (someone likely attempting to engage in some kind of fraud or deception). 

Of course, if no early miner really wants to enable such a likely shady request, then the price may have to go up in order to satisfy a theory that most things have a price, it's just a matter of how much.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 11:48:44 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2019, 12:00:53 AM by vapourminer

Apparently it is worth $4k to be able to impersonate a 2010 miner for certain people.  It is a uncommon appreciation, and that is why it would likely only be valuable to a narrow kind of a person (someone likely attempting to engage in some kind of fraud or deception). 

Of course, if no early miner really wants to enable such a likely shady request, then the price may have to go up in order to satisfy a theory that most things have a price, it's just a matter of how much.

im still running my core wallet i created in 2011. main reason i still use it is its convenient for mining payouts. most early btc was transferred out to paper or trezors long ago. but i still keep a bit in it as a pocket change kind of hot wallet along with some on my phone in mycelium. so, its still in use for convenience mainly as its easier to fire up the core wallet then hook a trezor to it for the small stuff.

for lulz, just now exported the transactions to a csv file for excel, 1304 rows/transactions.

im sure it might be useful in the future if i ever cash out big time as i still have my pool accounts created in 2011 and onward where a lot of my coins were mined to this wallet. so, proof they are legit mine from back in the day.

i do have a couple wallets from 2012 (pretty sure, i would have to check the file timestamps) i made on different machines for test purposes (just transferring btc back and forth) that are empty now but i sure wouldnt give them to anyone. they are part of my coin transaction history.  i even kept the now empty paper wallets, and old seed phrases for now empty trezor wallets. all addresses i have ever used i want exclusive control of.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 12:00:15 AM

im still running my core wallet i created in 2011. main reason i still use it is its convenient for mining payouts. most early btc was transferred out to paper or trezors long ago. but i still keep a bit in it as a pocket change kind of hot wallet along with some on my phone in mycelium. so, its still in use for convenience mainly as its easier to fire up the core wallet then hook a trezor to it for the small stuff.

for lulz, just now exported the transactions to a csv file for excel, 1304 rows/transactions.

im sure it might be useful in the future if i ever cash out big time as i still have my pool account created in 2011 where a lot of my coins were mined to this wallet. so, proof they are legit mine from back in the day.

You are kind of making my point in another way.  You have a logistical and ease of reference reason to continue to use a BTC flow through point that was always yours (namely your old-ass wallet address(es)). 

If you sell me the private keys to that wallet, after you empty it, then I can act as if I was always the owner of such wallet - except in your case there would seem to be a whole hell-of a lot of extra baggage for me to have to explain in my attempt to impersonate you, because then, someday, I might also have to provide explanations for the various other transactions that came out of that wallet address(es), which I would not know such information as someone buying it from you and not knowing what all the god damned transactions were for.

Here, I would imagine that Craig, would prefer a much less utilized empty wallet(s) in order that he would have less that he would have to explain, if push were to come to shove.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 12:59:43 AM

Someone please let Ross Ulbricht know about this awesome deal.
javiermedina86 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:07:01 PM

Updated the price of the offer, from $4000 to $5000.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:35:26 PM

Updated the price of the offer, from $4000 to $5000.

hahahahahahaha

Yeah, OG miners have morals, so it might cost you a bit more before you are going to be able to cross the moral versus dollar threshold. 

Part of the likely issue is that they know Cockholster, Calvin has more than that.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:58:46 PM

Pretty sure any deal here would come with at least one NDA
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 12:11:27 PM

Noticed this thread linked here:

"Maybe it's time I point out this bitcointalk post again....Someone was offering $5000 for empty btc wallets from 2009-2013 to prove that they were mining in the early days....I wonder who it could have been? 🤔 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5124203.0 …"
- https://twitter.com/disgruntledbad1/status/1145362674613673989

I am paying $5000 USD for old mining wallets that mined BTC. Requirements are:

1) Mined coins between 2009 and 2013 inclusive.
2) Mined at least 150 BTC (in the same address).
3) Formats accepted are wallet.dat or raw private keys.
4) Your wallet and/or private key addresses must have 0 BTC in them now. You can never use them again.
5) Buying up to 3 wallets that meet the criteria above.

You will have to sign a message(s) as proof. I will then send half the BTC and the other half on receipt and verification of the wallet or private key(s). Or we use an escrow.

If someone can make me the contact with some party interested in my offer I will pay you $400 after (and only If) successfully finishing the transaction.

Good luck with that. Hilarious ...

Mined blocks contained a maximum of 50 BTC per. address i.e. Public Address = Public Key.

Verifying my (old) zero balance wallet address for blockchain research etc.,
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4630066

Any later pools were also mining in the exact same way. Because that's how Bitcoin works ...

Roll Eyes

Also see:
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5159516.msg51651952#msg51651952
and:
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5159516.msg51662035#msg51662035

Soul, not for sale.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: