Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:27:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An AUDIOBOOK of the Bitcoin Whitepaper narrated by the who's who of the industry  (Read 227 times)
Cleitus Black (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 12:47:41 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2019, 12:07:18 AM by Cleitus Black

Hi, Bitcointalk.org! BTC

This is my first ever post here.  

Hopefully, it's not a complete waste of your time.  (I will most likely also post this on Reddit unless I get no feedback and this is deemed a silly idea.  Of course, I think this is a great idea!).

OK.

Sometimes I'm disappointed by the narky tribalism in the crypto-sphere and the potential negative effects this might have on mass adoption.  So many wars! Embarrassed  My solution is a simple and "fun" show of solidarity that will harness the idealism of the famous Satoshi Nakamoto; the father of all crypto. Smiley

I endeavor to select some of the most important and/or relevant AND even "controversial" crypto-sphere personalities to help me produce an audio-book youtube video of the BITCOIN WHITE-PAPER. Once the list is decided upon, I will contact the nominated people and ask them to contribute a chapter each.  Hopefully, they will be happy to be part of this experiment.  There are twelve chapters of the white paper plus the abstract beginning.  That's thirteen participants.

The narrated youtube production should serve as a "symbolic show of unity".  It will be an important statement to the wider community and for the greater world. Mass adoption really is coming.  The only question is WHEN?

That's enough waffling from me  Grin

I haven't yet considered my complete list, so please allow me to shoot from the hip before I revisit this post.  In the meantime over to you guys...

Andreas M. Antonopoulos
Vitalik Buterin
Charlie Lee
Roger Ver
Craig Wright ??
CZ
Mcafee? HA! (I did say fun)
Elon Musk? (not necessarily a crypto-sphere person but very crypto friendly)
Bill Gates?  (see above)
Thirteen people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:55:53 PM

From the title of the thread I thought that you are going to make an audio version of the original bitcoin whitepaper. And that could be quite good because most of the users in this forum have no idea about what Satoshi has done and what he wanted to do.
But what you are going to do something different and I'm sure that you won't even contact 13 of the most powerful crypto influencers. Anyway, the Idea seems bad.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:59:19 PM

It will be an important statement to the wider community and to the greater world. Mass adoption really is coming.

Lol well the community would know that some of them hate each others' guts no matter what, casual users probably have no idea about their backgrounds, and the greater world likely haven't even heard of them. If the intent is to show solidarity, I don't think many people in the loop will buy it, and those out of the loop won't know why a show of solidarity is necessary in the first place.

But yeah I don't believe it can happen, but I think it's a fun idea regardless. I nominate Bill Gates because he's one of the few skeptics who might actually be able to understand the white paper lmao. A chunk of the community also seem to be fixated upon his opinions regarding Bitcoin, so it works out for both parties.

alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:15:43 PM

Yes, Contacting and having thirteen of the most important figures in the crypto sphere collaborate is a major ask!  but something tells me they'd be happy to do it.

Aren't they at war with each other? Well, I hope that you could convince them to have a talk with you. Andreas Antonopoulos anyone?
Cleitus Black (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 01:24:39 PM

Yes, Contacting and having thirteen of the most important figures in the crypto sphere collaborate is a major ask!  but something tells me they'd be happy to do it.

Aren't they at war with each other? Well, I hope that you could convince them to have a talk with you. Andreas Antonopoulos anyone?

Yes, they are which is why this would be such an amazing achievement.

Yes, Andreas Andreas Antonopoulos is a shoo-in so I've added him to the list  Smiley
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:32:39 PM

From the title of the thread I thought that you are going to make an audio version of the original bitcoin whitepaper. And that could be quite good because most of the users in this forum have no idea about what Satoshi has done and what he wanted to do.
But what you are going to do something different and I'm sure that you won't even contact 13 of the most powerful crypto influencers. Anyway, the Idea seems bad.

Yes, Contacting and having thirteen of the most important figures in the crypto sphere collaborate is a major ask!  But something tells me they'd be happy to do it.

btw issuing your own stuff only as an audiobook seems bad, if you succeed then make a printed version.
Anyway, you better just read the original bitcoin whitepaper on a microphone. That would be easier and useful at the same time.
Cleitus Black (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 01:39:34 PM

Yes, Contacting and having thirteen of the most important figures in the crypto sphere collaborate is a major ask!  But something tells me they'd be happy to do it.

btw issuing your own stuff only as an audiobook seems bad, if you succeed then make a printed version.
Anyway, you better just read the original bitcoin whitepaper on a microphone. That would be easier and useful at the same time.

Maybe a youtube video of them briefly introducing themselves and then reading a chapter each, with the associated chapter shown on the video in text.

What would be even more amazing is if they agreed to be filmed reading it and using the picture in picture plugin.

However this works, I think it works and can be very positive.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 03:05:32 PM

Then go ahead, contact all of them.
But I think they will have a different version of the original bitcoin whitepaper because they learn from different way too. I think that is a good idea if you can gather all of them and let them introduce of bitcoin to the audience because this will help cryptocurrency community can be able to reach more people in out there especially if you can make a good video from all of them so then you can spread it on youtube. I guess that you will get more viewer on Youtube because you brought a new concept to introduce bitcoin and cryptocurrency to them.
johnduckett

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 03:12:06 PM

I think it's a great idea and having the participation of influential people in the middle will be of great help, I agree when you ask, when will the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies occur? and to achieve this, we must gather a group of people willing to put soul, life and heart in order to organize an active and dynamic market.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:15:43 PM

Then go ahead, contact all of them.
But I think they will have a different version of the original bitcoin whitepaper because they learn from different way too. I think that is a good idea if you can gather all of them and let them introduce of bitcoin to the audience because this will help cryptocurrency community can be able to reach more people in out there especially if you can make a good video from all of them so then you can spread it on youtube. I guess that you will get more viewer on Youtube because you brought a new concept to introduce bitcoin and cryptocurrency to them.
No!

They wont say anything to be different on whats being written on original bitcoin whitepaper.Why? Once they do put out negativity or any false informations about it then
they will surely be bashed up and would really affect their current reputation.What you think?

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1787

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 09:39:55 PM

People like CW don't need to even be in the same sentence with the word "Bitcoin"
They have tried to do so much damage to what Satoshi started and i don't think it's a good idea for a person like him to be part of your idea.

Perheps looking for more Bitcoin friendly contributors would be much better

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
nauane

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 01:04:04 AM

That could have been a good idea of publishing an audio version of Bitcoin white paper. It is always easy to listen rather than reading the white paper.
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 05:17:38 AM

The Internet of Money - Andreas M. Antonopoulos
Narrated by Stephanie Murphy

You can get it on Audible
https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Internet-of-Money-Audiobook/B071KXKQD7?qid=1553577160&sr=1-2&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_2&pf_rd_p=e81b7c27-6880-467a-b5a7-13cef5d729fe&pf_rd_r=Q1F9JBYD2Q0XXJ46MYQ6&

Don't think the whitepaper by itself would translate well to an audio book.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 01:08:29 PM

Each of us has his own opinions, but as long as you try to find a historical narrative of Bitcoin Whitepaper, I do not think these people are suitable.

- Vitalik Buterin: I do not know what the direct relationship between him and Bitcoin whitepaper if you're just trying to host him because he's a famous celebrity, it's up to you.
 - Charlie Lee: (see above)
 - Roger Ver: alt of BCH FUD.
 - Craig Wright: Fake satoshi

You can add some people like Hester Peirce (Crypto Mom) Joking, gmaxwell, theymos, Sirius (a.k.a. Martti Malmi)

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██