Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:30:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Still no threat detected, Apple Card  (Read 249 times)
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 09:43:46 AM

These two products are totally different and I really cannot understand why people compare them.
Apple Card is a credit card that may have some limitations (I imagine).
Bitcoin is open source and everyone can use it for their operations around the world without limitations.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 09:45:10 AM

So there's a whole lotta hoax happening on Twitter that Bitcoin is dead/has been murdered once again since Apple has launched their phone-based credit card and also a compensation plan(cash back) on usage.

Well, what all these people still don't understand is that Bitcoin had supporters even when all the major card companies and banks tried naysaying about BTC. Apple doing that can better be described as they killing mastercard/visa and not Bitcoin.

Apple card is still the Dollar and Bitcoin is still BTC.. that's the difference that keeps us alive lol.

It's the age old comparison between bitcoin and credit cards.

My response has always been that they aren't even comparable. It's literally comparing apples to oranges. One is essentially a debt instrument that gives you credit on demand, the other (BTC) has absolutely nothing to do with the financing of debt, and is just a decentralised currency in its plain form.

If people are telling you that bitcoin will now somehow incur less adoption, or be less utilised as a means of payment simply because Apple is launching their own financial services, then don't listen to them. They aren't even directly competing each other, as they both service completely different needs within the economy. It's a much more valid comparison if you look at traditional banking institution credit cards, vs. apple cards, not decentralised cryptos versus this.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 06:10:57 PM

Who needs apple card when they already have the cash app from dorsey. They should allow btc to be loaded onto this apple card, otherwise it's just reinventing the wheel
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 02:01:24 AM

Well thats funny.
Those who I think are wise enough to know the difference between a crypto currency and fiat did not even do their research.
Oh buddy, say it again. Majority if them think any advancements in fiat-based payment systems is a direct killer of Bitcoin but in reality both are completely different with their own exceptionally unique features.

I have never been a supporter of Apple from the start. I hate the selfishness within its project. No sharing and just their own appstore.
It's just about time, Apple will go into extinction like they never existed. I'm sure they're thinking their new protocols will help them fit in the future but sometimes you may even cause earlier what you're trying to prevent.

They might be giving problems to the banks and not us.
That's it, any improvements in fiat-based payments is a threat to their competitors. Bitcoin on the other hand provides investments and payments in addition.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: