Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to minimise the trading fee?  (Read 596 times)
yzha7982 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 01:05:18 AM

Any recommendations?
Currently in Australia, I would like to seek for an exchange platform with lowest trading fee but also with regulation.
Don't shoot the unregulated exchange to me, I hope my currency to be safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 01:25:45 AM

What do you mean by regulation? Are you saying they're being watched by some government bodies and submit quarterly report, or something like that?

Most exchanges charge around 0.1-0.3% per trade. I think you should try Binance or Coinbase. Anyway, you should think about the withdrawal fees too. Sometimes they charge a lot, so cheap trading fees won't give you that much profits if in the end you plan to withdraw your coins.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 02:10:54 AM

I'm not living in Australia so I don't know which regulated exchange is best in your country.

You can check this site https://www.coingecko.com/en/exchanges
Click any exchanges from the top 20 and you can see the overview including the trading and withdrawal fees of the exchange site.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:43:38 AM

I hope my currency to be safe.

If you want your holdings to be safe(if you're referring to your coins), you shouldn't be leaving your funds on exchanges in the first place. Though I understand why you want an exchange that has strict regulations.

Here are some reading material for you:

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1310

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:37:50 AM

I hope my currency to be safe.

If you want your holdings to be safe(if you're referring to your coins), you shouldn't be leaving your funds on exchanges in the first place. Though I understand why you want an exchange that has strict regulations.

Here are some reading material for you:

His main concern is about trading with low trading fee, not about holding crypto for long term purpose imho.
Talking about trading fees, I think most exchange has similar fees (no significant gap difference)
In my country there is an exchange with no trading fees for btc-atlcoins trade, but there are only 11 pairs you can trade. You may check indodax.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:41:48 AM

His main concern is about trading with low trading fee, not about holding crypto for long term purpose imho.
Talking about trading fees

Yea I obviously got that. I quoted the part whereas OP said he wanted his funds to be safe; so I linked some articles to educate OP if ever he was referring to his coins being safe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 05:41:06 AM

Any recommendations?
Currently in Australia, I would like to seek for an exchange platform with lowest trading fee but also with regulation.

most exchanges have a maker/taker structure. use limit orders instead of market orders to take advantage. not only will you save on fees but you'll save on slippage too.

i used to recommend coinbase pro (GDAX) because it had 0% maker fees. you could trade there for free! but a few days ago, they switched to a tiered fee system where makers now pay 0.15% unless they turn over huge volumes. Undecided

bitstamp starts at 0.25%. gemini charges a whopping 1%! it seems like coinbase pro is still the best option as far as the squeaky clean exchanges go.

binance charges 0.1% and bitfinex charges 0.1% maker fees. those seem like the best options for spot trading right now. but they're not exactly tightly regulated exchanges.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:01:28 AM

i think you have misunderstood what regulations are doing to exchanges. they are not exactly there to protect the users' funds or make the exchanges more secure! they are there to prevent exchanges from doing certain illegal things such as money laundering and also they are there so that the government can force KYC and then be able to monitor who is doing what and where their money is going when it exits the banks.
otherwise the exchanges can still be hacked or even scam their users and run away.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:10:52 AM

Any recommendations?

There's no safety when you push your coins to an exchange, movement of coins to exchanges are not encourage due to the high risk of hack. Recently, there's been exchanges which were hacked and traders coins were moved from the exchange. Advise, any coin in an exchange is no longer safe, so, don't move all coins to exchange.

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:43:44 AM

Actually each trading site has a different amount of fees but it would be difficult if you want try all of that site and will make account just to determine the fees behind and it would be uncertain if you just rely on others opinion . If i were you try to make a research sometimes to obtain specific information.  Indeed there are more source now all over the internet so it woulf be better to be specific. .
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:53:39 AM

Regulated exchanges doesn’t mean your coins are safe and backed by the government. It is possible that your coins will be gone if the exchanges got hacked, closed down and etc. Therefore, get a hardware wallet or a wallet you control the private key to keep your coins safe.

You can check out Binance, it is a top exchange with bigger trading volumes. If you use BNB to pay for the trading fees, you get 50% off.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 07:48:54 AM

Regulated exchanges doesn’t mean your coins are safe and backed by the government. It is possible that your coins will be gone if the exchanges got hacked, closed down and etc.

while it's always a bad idea to store coins at exchanges, licensed/regulated exchanges are less likely to exit scam and some have insurance coverage. for example, coinbase has insurance for all online crypto storage (hot wallets) as well as FDIC and equivalent insurance for fiat money.

You can check out Binance, it is a top exchange with bigger trading volumes. If you use BNB to pay for the trading fees, you get 50% off.

using BNB only gets you a 25% discount. https://www.binance.com/en/fee/schedule

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 08:23:59 AM

Any recommendations?
If you want to start trading you can participate in Binance exchanges but it is not regulated exchange and if you want to hold your funds in long term you can choose some wallet. The most secured wallet is a hardware wallet so you can choose your own decision. If you really want go others suggestion you can ask the exact information of exchanges we are all guide you.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
MuhNofa

Activity: 504
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:44:28 PM

I think the only way to minimize tranding fees is to choose an exchange with a small tranding fee, so you have to find out which exchange tranding fee is a small pan of most exchanges.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:15:21 PM

I think the only way to minimize tranding fees is to choose an exchange with a small tranding fee, so you have to find out which exchange tranding fee is a small pan of most exchanges.

Exactly, whenever i trade on any Exchange, i trade basically because of the fee. Trading fee has alot impact on the exchange, i choose an exchange with a lower fee, although the security aspect of the exchange is paramount to ensure the safety of the coins. There are some Exchange which has lower trading fee and not secure, never advise to be use.   

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:41:53 PM

Exactly, whenever i trade on any Exchange, i trade basically because of the fee. Trading fee has alot impact on the exchange, i choose an exchange with a lower fee, although the security aspect of the exchange is paramount to ensure the safety of the coins. There are some Exchange which has lower trading fee and not secure, never advise to be use.   
Op is in need of the list of those exchange you used to trade with and also if those exchange are regulated!  I think fee is not a much concern to me.  I do trade with binance and poloniex and my most concerned is about the platform and the analytical tools!
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:32:49 PM

Any recommendations?
Just target out to use up top tier exchange as of this moment yet most of them do have the lowest trading fee.Im aint sure about the regulation stuff but definitely current exchange dont have any problems with that.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 06:58:45 PM

Minimizing trading fee isn't possible with some techniques. Every exchange will have its own trading fee percentage. In recent days there were more exchanges providing with low trading fee. Kucoin, one of the the exchange with good trading volume used zero trading fee access for few days to increase the trading through their exchange.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:54:05 PM

True to be sure one has a secured coin first because low fee without security isn't going to get my patronage. However, most of the top exchanges are secured and have a relatively low fee too.
Rapidgator

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:54:22 PM

Any recommendations?

If you have problems with high fees for transactions on you exchange platform, you can try making transactions on some P2P exchanges like localbitcoins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: