Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AIRDROPS ASKING FOR KYC VERIFICATION  (Read 14227 times)
Jonking

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 06:44:20 PM

if the airdrop is worth enough then do the kyc.. but if there is no guarantee that this airdrop will give you a penny then why risk you details?we don't know what they will do in our details so better back off
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 06:50:21 PM

It depends on your priorities, if you would like to take a risk for few bucks.
I do not see the risk of KYC abuse (knock, knock) because we should be covered by this: multi tier verifications, photo with ID and recent date and so on.

KuraJamban

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2019, 06:55:32 PM

The issue of KYC always raises questions whose answers are mostly not very discerning to the ears. It is quite unfortunate, I know most crypto enthusiasts are not comfortable giving out their personal information for KYC but there is little we can do about the situation at the moment.  Most of these projects claim they are under a legal jurisdiction where KYC is very important for many business projects. The new trend is increasingly becoming worrisome as many airdrops are even requiring KYC verification from participants.
They are doing this because nowadays there are a lot of people abusing airdrops by creating many fake accounts only to aim its rewards.
Those greedy people need to be removed because they make other people not getting a part of the Airdrops.

Bananington

Activity: 1428
Merit: 344

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 06:59:42 PM

I don't support KYC for airdrops but it's not compulsory to participate in any airdrop requesting KYC, it's optional. The annoying aspect is when they request KYC after the airdrop has ended and not from onset. Let's just be careful the way we give out our documents all in the name of KYC.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 07:57:18 PM

I would never take part in an airdrop requiring KYC, as it's simply not worth the risk. Many airdrops end up being useless anyway.

Also beats me from a legal standpoint as to why it'd even be considered required to begin with. Almost all new coins have no way to exchange them for anything, so technically they are worth zero. Giving away something worthless shouldn't require KYC verification and of course no money launderer would use worthless coins to launder money.
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 08:31:27 PM

I don't support KYC for airdrops but it's not compulsory to participate in any airdrop requesting KYC, it's optional. The annoying aspect is when they request KYC after the airdrop has ended and not from onset. Let's just be careful the way we give out our documents all in the name of KYC.

I hope they won't let you participate and hype the project and then require KYC when you come to claim your coins. This is a recently popular way of doing things in the crypto world with some bounty campaigns trying to cheat participants and discourage them from claiming their earned money.

I also would never participate in a KYC airdrop because they are worth very little and there's many like MWC coin that don't have such rules.
Folajuwon56
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2019, 09:05:14 PM

Requesting for KYC by Airdrop managers doesn't speak well and I won't buy the idea. Initially, it's been long I partake in airdrops, so I really don't know if they still request for KYC.

BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:11:57 PM

Airdrops are not as rewarding as before
But even at that; I refuse to do kyc for airdrop; giving out identities that way isn’t good enough

Such airdrops ends up as fake
axel2078

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:19:07 PM

This is just funny. KYC for a token worth what? The truth is, most people are rather developers are now making a fun of KYC. To be frank when was the last time an airdrop worth something tangible? Airdrops of nowadays hardly worth anything thus it is not worth it submitting KYC for any airdrop.

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:30:37 PM

It's not advisable sending your personal documents for the mere sake of receiving airdrop rewards. How much they are offering anyway. I would consider for some potential bounty campaigns but seriously not for airdrop tokens. Most of them turn out to be shit coins anyway or better still don't go on exchange.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:32:35 PM

This is just funny. KYC for a token worth what?
well who knows ? what if their token will worth 100 usd each or higher  . that is more than the price of your kyc  .

The truth is, most people are rather developers are now making a fun of KYC.
no they are not making fun of kyc because its not a joke but they are only doing it for a reason  , that is to protect them and to protect you for serious issues that can occur in the future but only if their intention is pure legit  .

To be frank when was the last time an airdrop worth something tangible?

you mean worth it ? last two year ago . on the year 2017 almost all airdrops including bounties are doing a good job and all hunters are satisfied from what they are getting  
iyah adrian

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:33:12 PM

In this situation, of course we cannot blame the airdrop party or the party participating in airdrop. Because, if you want to get something, of course you have to follow all the instructions, if you don't, you get nothing. So all of that is a decision on everyone. So in this case it certainly does not matter as long as there is no coercion from any party.
acmakc12

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:42:59 PM

I think it's good, because bots are eliminated right away, so honest people can get more rewards, I think soon we will have to go through KYC almost everywhere.
alphaboon

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 01:10:09 AM

Unless there is a large carrot dangling before me, I will refuse all KYC bounty, not worth trading your privacy for peanuts
NewRanger

Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 02:20:21 AM

Personally, I am not against KYC because it is used for legal and verification purposes for the project. It sometimes help the project to eliminate double and bot entries. However, investors, bounty hunters must be cautious of the kind of projects they fill KYC for because there are some projects who gather the data from KYC participants and sell them for huge sums of money. Airdrop normally give out some few pennies and I wouldn't risk giving my personal details for airdrop KYC.
it's funny if airdrop program require KYC verification.moreover airdrop program value usually below $20.and its not worthed at alll if we give our personal data to unknown people.even in bounty campaign that have huge allocation could be penny when it traded.
nizar93

Activity: 255

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:28:28 AM

it's funny if airdrop program require KYC verification.moreover airdrop program value usually below $20.and its not worthed at alll if we give our personal data to unknown people.even in bounty campaign that have huge allocation could be penny when it traded.
it's funny, but that's what happens a lot now. and strangely still many people do that. even use other people's e-mail and other people's data to participate in airdrop. I realized that, when the email I had was used by people to follow Airdrop. some confirmation emails come in, this really sucks.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:36:13 AM

Unless there is a large carrot dangling before me, I will refuse all KYC bounty, not worth trading your privacy for peanuts
No peanuts at all because those are shitcoins and no value at all so its not worth to risk your personal details. This is not new since last year many project and bounties are asking for KYC guess what, no one know where they are now because they are done doing their job, to get more information coming from us. If KYC is needed, think again before participating because it can be a scam.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:46:05 AM

The issue of KYC always raises questions whose answers are mostly not very discerning to the ears. It is quite unfortunate, I know most crypto enthusiasts are not comfortable giving out their personal information for KYC but there is little we can do about the situation at the moment.  Most of these projects claim they are under a legal jurisdiction where KYC is very important for many business projects. The new trend is increasingly becoming worrisome as many airdrops are even requiring KYC verification from participants.

I will never risk my personal information for the sake of airdrops. I do not actually join airdrops nowadays. How much more to airdrops that require KYC? And for me, that is overdoing it. I do not share the necessity of KYC for airdrops. If they are implementing it, I would even interpret it as some kind of cover up plan in order to get the personal details of people across the world. I also advise you guys to avoid airdrops requiring KYC.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Greatchu

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 03:06:03 AM

I was a big time airdrop hunter and I've joined many airdrops asking for KYC since money was a big issue for me in the past,I have no choice but to drop my KYC info but in the end I never received my tokens and coins

retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 03:12:31 AM

I will never risk my personal information for the sake of airdrops. I do not actually join airdrops nowadays. How much more to airdrops that require KYC? And for me, that is overdoing it. I do not share the necessity of KYC for airdrops. If they are implementing it, I would even interpret it as some kind of cover up plan in order to get the personal details of people across the world. I also advise you guys to avoid airdrops requiring KYC.
I also do the same thing. The personal data we use for KYC is not comparable to the airdrop that we get. We must be careful because there are a lot of fraudsters. Be wise in joining airdrop, make sure the airdrop is official from the project in question. Avoid airdrop asking for KYC, especially the value is not much.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: