Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:22:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap faking volume  (Read 16694 times)
Distinctin

Activity: 2842
Merit: 650

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:11:06 AM

I don't think coinmarketcap faking volume, exchanges are doing.
This is a more accurate description of the faking in the market.

But coinmarketcap is helping them to do so.

How are they able to help the team in faking the volume, they just report, it's their system that are functioning .

I wanted to report an exchange with obviously fake volume but there weren't any option about that.

Like OP is doing, you can write your own thread here together with your proof, this would help the community to know the real standing of a specific site.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:59:13 AM

If they were involved in faking volume, would it not affect the price as well? I think users who do have continuously watching over cryptocurrency movements might have so much to say about this. They could probably be the one to really confirm such activities. But given that there might some statements by CMC that strengthens such belief but it might be just because of some discrepancies to their reports and the statements they have made thus not actually confirm they are faking it. It is hard to directly say without any clear evidence. There are so many cryptocurrency in their list and it would be so hard to update all because not one cryptocurrency is very stable. Sometimes volumes and prices moves up or down from time to time.

airdropan

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

♦♦♦♦♦

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 09:12:48 AM

We should all boycott coinmarketcap.  They have been faking volumes and listing scams on their website for years.  They also have scam service ads running on their website.  We need to hit them in the wallet and stop using their site all together.

if there is another good option except coinmarketcaps then it will good, but i dont see any good website after this one
actually every project will go there to promote their coin/project. some of them using coinmarketcaps as their advert plan

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 09:18:19 AM

If they were involved in faking volume, would it not affect the price as well?

i guess they are not involved . they only sync the stats of all the exchange online but this fake volumes do have an effect on the price of cryptos because people tend to use cmc as a guide before they decide if they will buy a crypto coin or not  .

I think users who do have continuously watching over cryptocurrency movements might have so much to say about this.

yes that is already happening . alot of user are already debating on this thread  . not only on this thread or on this forum but they attack cmc all over the web .

They could probably be the one to really confirm such activities. But given that there might some statements by CMC that strengthens such belief but it might be just because of some discrepancies to their reports and the statements they have made thus not actually confirm they are faking it.

i believe on what will cmc say because i know cmc for a long time  . cmc is the number one source for crypto information  . for sure others will also believe .
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 09:20:39 AM

You have correctly corrected your post. In fact, the wines in fake volumes are not in the CMC. CMC simply posted information about the volumes that the exchanges provided them, combined them into general volumes and placed them on their website. Their only fault is that they did not verify this data. But after the crypto-community repeatedly complained about the fake volumes, the CMC management decided to implement its own calculation on its website to protect its reputation as one of the best and most reliable cryptocurrency tracking websites.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 09:38:14 AM

More pressure needs to be put on CoinMarketCap and similar websites to remove the fake volume. We need to establish a trust-based system in this industry to rate companies and exchanges.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 02:45:37 PM

More pressure needs to be put on CoinMarketCap and similar websites to remove the fake volume. We need to establish a trust-based system in this industry to rate companies and exchanges.

They are already in process of correcting this fake volume issues, You can visit CMC Twitter account and they had been posting and asking people how can they improve their system.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 03:01:38 PM

Imagine if all crypto users oriented to CMC in observing coin volume could be imagined the impact if indeed CMC made a mistake or provided manipulated information. I expect cryptocurrencies to continue advance if conditions like this would be very worrying that it would worsen the crypto image in the community. I agree if there are developers who participate and compete in providing information such as CMC. so that the information provided is not manipulated and monopolized.
Thats it,we are all first learned here to check prices in CMC not just to find out how they’re manipulating the volumes,i hate to say this but now i lost my affection to Coinmarketcap and will check on other exchanges that is more reliable and trustworthy
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 03:02:15 PM

I have seen some small mistakes in marketcap some times currencies coming from no were and reaching top 10 position immidiately they correct it . But i dint know the fact they are faking volume . But their reply shows they are working on metrics . Whatever it is till now COinmarketcap only the resource which i can trust for my holding prices accurately or near to accurate.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
pinoycash

Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 11:32:13 AM

I have seen some small mistakes in marketcap some times currencies coming from no were and reaching top 10 position immidiately they correct it . But i dint know the fact they are faking volume . But their reply shows they are working on metrics . Whatever it is till now COinmarketcap only the resource which i can trust for my holding prices accurately or near to accurate.

Getting the accurate price for each coin works best in coinmarketcap, But in getting the real picture in the current market condition of the overall cryptocurrency market you cannot simply rely on CMC due to massive wash trading of the fake exchange platform but you can use this one = https://openmarketcap.com/exchanges/difference

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 11:43:35 AM

Why instead of forcing the coinmarketcap to take out the fake volumes ,lets force thw people here to transfer to other legit and trustworthy exchanges for that reason that CMC wasn't fair sincd then,this happens not just yesterday becausw for how long many issues regarding this was brought out but not having evidence, and now that there are this links from reliable sources i guess its tims for us to forget CMC and find something new
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 11:48:47 AM

Why instead of forcing the coinmarketcap to take out the fake volumes ,lets force thw people here to transfer to other legit and trustworthy exchanges for that reason that CMC wasn't fair sincd then,this happens not just yesterday becausw for how long many issues regarding this was brought out but not having evidence, and now that there are this links from reliable sources i guess its tims for us to forget CMC and find something new
There is a lot of competition now, as I know that coinmarketcap is a website that can be used as an indicator. but some bad news causes a doubt. I don't know whether we have to trust coinmarketcap or not. let's continue to pay attention and we analyze whether cmc does provide an inaccurate information. if it is true, let us leave it and if it is not correct, let us find out who gave the information.
Nowherman

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 04:13:44 AM

I wouldn’t give too much importance to this fact. In the crypto world, indicators are almost always overstated - crypto exchanges overestimate trading volumes, ICO projects overestimate the amount of investment, and so on. I think these are all the costs of decentralization, and we need to put up with it.

MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:08:18 AM

Nowadays, I don't rely on CMC for exchange volumes but rather only on coins that I'm following and see whether there are drastic changes on their 24-hr volume and pricing. For volumes, I go straight into an exchange that I frequent and check the order books and market depth. This, IMO, is better than having to rely on a third-party service such as CMC to do the checking for you. Besides, a lot of people know that they've been doing this for years now, and it's literally not news anymore for them to fake volumes.

Yes, although everyone knows about counterfeit volumes on coinmarketcap, people still use the coinmarketcap as a reference in determining a coin. Even though they display fake volumes, in my opinion it's not far from the original volume, it can still be made as a consideration in determining good coins

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bettercrypto

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 06:47:08 AM

There are many traders who are consulting with CMC since it is the most reliable site when it comes in market cap and volumes of cryptocurrency. If it provides fake volumes, then it vanish long time ago. But look at it, until now it is the trusted site and used by million of traders who want to deal with the market.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:48:50 AM

Maybe you should get your facts right before creating a topic on this base on limited information, because this could possibly dent the image of the company you write about, as i understand, coinmarketcap don't have a direct access to any exchange except the information that was presented to them which they work with it, if there is any party to be accuse of fake volume, it should be the centralized exchanges we have, lots of talk going on about exchanges manipulating their volume and bot trading, so technically exchanges are to blame not cmc,
i think it is time for all exchanges who are involve in manipulating their volume to be called out, because their actions are slowly dipping a whole in the market, some top 10 exchange are clearly faking their volume with total disregard Undecided

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:02:08 AM

Coinmarketcap only statistics the volume of transactions exchanged by all statistics and displaying them. Many exchanges are trying to inflate their trading volume so CMC cannot control these activities. CMC also provides notes * when you view the trading volume of each Altcoin to provide detailed information. You can see more details at CMC to better understand.

Zemomtum

Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:11:43 AM

It is obvious that most exchanges are faking the volume to trick users, but one thing that I am yet to understood is the involvement of Coin Market Cap. Did they have their own inner metrics or dependable on what this exchanges provided? If the later was the case, they have no case to answer but if they have in-house metrics that were implemented, then crypto space is getting mess all around but sanity will surely come one day.

numizmat

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 03:39:29 PM

It is because CMC generally issues aggregating prices, ticker data which are not providing per-market+exchange charts/data. Some of their competitors like https://coin.market/ provide such trades data, so you can calculate how much volume was for 1 second - so you can also check how many trades were to get, for example, btc/usd in a selected price range on all exchanges or on one exchange - it allow to easily avoid such faking of trade volumes from shady exchanges.
Duzter

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 03:56:18 PM

Fake volume issues with exchanges were the one that made the cryptocurrency market experience a massive downtrend. This happened when the Bank of China made an inspection over the entire exchanges. This took place as a result of China experience some downfall in the economy. Once after the same things got regulated and growth took place gradually. Now once again there is more issues getting exposed over coinmarketcap. Recently they made an update to eliminate the same from their side.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████