Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 02:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: local bitcoin works with scammers  (Read 373 times)
DrxRog (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 05:38:56 PM

The problem with LBC's trust system is that they take every feedbacks into consideration. One can tarnish anyone's reputation or competitors reputation by posting a negative feedback. They don't have any sort of trust power or something like a reference which enables the user to see if a feedback is legit or not. Though I won't call them as someone working with scammers since they have designed their system that way and some are taking advantage of it and abusing it to take out their competitors.

They just need to add something so that others find a way to check if feedbacks are legit or not.
yes they allowed the paypal guy to get my account down to 50% feedback . and did not remove the feedbacks. then they asked me to play along with his bullshit even though he was wrong . that guy turned out to be a proper scammer in the end fyi . the guy local bitcoin was pandering to just like this fellow asking people for nonsense because he is paranoid. and for comparison to ebay i dont think they will allow you to ask their registered customers for such information. and to ask for peoples pictures . even ebay itself would never ask the customer for such things sorry no.  if this website is not complicit then they dont know what they are doing then?. if you are paranoid do not turn this into your day job simple imho . he could  claim he did not receive my payment and not send my coins . so what? he would only ask for such things on his selling adverts ? i dont think so.
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 05:52:11 PM

This are the responses from localbitcoin

Thank you for contacting us.

We only remove feedback if it contains abusive, racist language, threats or exposes personal information. Also bear in mind that sellers are permitted to ask for that information provided that it is shared through localbitcoins, this is because the images you share are watermarked by our site, so the seller will not be able to use the images elsewhere. I can see you were not in agreement with this policy and had rightly cancelled the trade, which is well within your rights. Regarding the feedback, we shall not remove it for the reasons stated at the beginning of this paragraph.

We appreciate your understanding
---
Best Regards
LocalBitcoins

Then this a fiew hours ago

Hi,

The feedback author has been requested to edit the offensive section of the feedback.
Thank you.
---
Best Regards
LocalBitcoins

do you see now that this post has merits has they simply seem to make up the rules has they go along or apply them has the feel . if they are not working with scammers then they are a massive security risk to the average customer on their website

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.localbitcoins.com

for eg.

and according to them they can influence the feed backs by the statement above asking him to amend his feedback instead of simply removing it according to the rules pointed out by they themselves. if one does not see this has pandering to some of their users then what would you call it ? great business practices ?
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:27:14 PM

actions taking by local bitcoin so far

i blocked the trader in question they removed the block his account shows he is blocked by zero persons.
secondly has i had simply blocked the trader i updated my feedback to block and distrust . nothing shows on his account. thirdly localbitcoins have gone ahead and put my account on a forced holiday.  and they have ignored my ticket for the last 10 days . does this sound like a legitimate business to you? or proper business conduct are this the type of cowboys we should expect in the realm of crypto. you will end up begging the bankers in the end pathetic . when i made this thread a bunch of people came to post from a defensive fanboy stance like money is some kind of comical thing to be toyed with . are you too stupid top realise for crypto to be respected. the basic expectations of the normal folks must be respected first. otherwise you are simply a bunch of dreamers. and the banks and gov will make its own decentralised faster cryto  then what localbitcoin fanboys? . if something is bad call it out dont act like this is all a joke or some stupid fantasy zone of day dreaming nerds. that thinks the average persons values bitcoin more than their government printed currency. well let me burst your bubble the average person would not swap their cash for btc . dont act like you do not know this to be facts neither has you can not even convince your own family members to buy bitcoins. 
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:16:41 PM

Hi

Your account has been suspended from trading because we have reason to believe that you have acted in violation of our Terms of Service. We will lift the suspension as soon as possible once the reasons for the suspension no longer exist.

We will require you to complete some additional ID verification steps.

1. Verify your ID, in case it hasn't been verified https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/identification
2. Provide a photograph of you ("Selfie") holding up your ID a long with a note containing your username and today's date.
3. Provide a  photograph of a recent utility bill with your name on it.
4. Provide a photograph of your ID held up in front of your computer screen with the whole screen visible (all four corners) and this ticket page visible.

Once you have completed these steps - reply to this support ticket and attach the photographs you've taken.

---
Best regards,
LocalBitcoins

In response to:

why is my account on forced holiday?

then

Hi!

You can withdraw your BTC at anytime. Please provide the required pictures in case you want to continue trading in LocalBitcoins.

---
Best regards,
Edgar González

then

Hi,

Your account has been banned from trading because of your abusive behavior against your trading partners.
---
Best Regards,
LocalBitcoins

anyone got anything to say for local bitcoins?

DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:47:26 PM

Real name verification 11 trusted verifications, 3 verifications, 0 rejected verifications

ID, Passport or Driver’s license  Verified 1 year, 3 months ago
Trust Trusted by 14 people
Blocks Blocked by 1 person
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:54:17 PM

THIS IS THE ONLY INFORMATION THEY PROVIDE ABOUT THEMSELVES

LocalBitcoins Oy
Porkkalankatu 24
00180 Helsinki
Finland

VAT id: FI28554152

jerry0

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 04:46:36 AM

So its a scam mostly?
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 02:17:08 PM

i am talking about the company itself local bitcoin is clearly a cow boy company run by scummy characters . and its a disgrace that bitcoin has to rely on such people.
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 02:24:21 PM

if i want to buy usd with gbp i dont need to send anybody all my life information and make a skype call to them . this is what is stupid about bitcoin . what is bitcoin ?   all this to be sent to some piss of shit that i do not know anything about in some obscure office who will in return sell your information just like cryptsy did . the sell your information incase you do not know this.

Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2019, 09:18:28 AM

if i want to buy usd with gbp i dont need to send anybody all my life information and make a skype call to them . this is what is stupid about bitcoin . what is bitcoin ?   all this to be sent to some piss of shit that i do not know anything about in some obscure office who will in return sell your information just like cryptsy did . the sell your information incase you do not know this.

You can work this out from here and making a thread requesting from an exchange. I get it that some people are not comfortable with because there is a risk that the information might be misused but still doesn't makes them working out with scammer as they also have legit reasons to protect those traders.

BTW there are many traders also usually who doesn't asks for some sort of verification in LBC. I find such traders a lot in my region not sure if you have such in yours.
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 01:04:55 PM

yes they are a BUNCH OF ScamerS if the tell me some other punk can ask for a photo of my bank card . jump of a bridge first then i.ll send you a picture of my bank card. stop using this scumbags. they are simply opportunists . when something goes wrong do they pay the looser out of their profit like they should ? I DONT THINK SO.
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 01:06:40 PM

So its a scam mostly?
YESTo:

dpo@localbitcoins.com

i need you to provide me with all personal information you have pertaining
myself . and a copy of all support tickets between your company and myself
every single response.
I GOT THIS BACK

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (dpo) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
 * The owner of the group may have removed this group.
 * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
 * This group may not be open to posting.
Jack Vuong

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 05:02:37 AM

https://www.upsieutoc.com/images/2019/07/30/Screen-Shot-2019-07-30-at-11.57.55-AM.png

Basically, they are black market. Their base is in Finland. What do you expect? Cheesy
In my exp, most black market exchange will react base on user's behavior. The more aggressive you are, the more likely they will ban you. Scammers are everywhere. You have to protect yourself, nobd else will help.
fratoshi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 01:33:51 PM

A victim of this case created a claim on ReclaimCrypto.com. If you are a victim too, please visit the site and submit your claim to see if we can help you get it back! The more claims on one case the better!

I am 99.99% sure that this reclaim thing is fake
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: