Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:09:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just had account hacked. Please help :S.  (Read 11835 times)
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 09:10:42 PM

Hello fellow bitcoiners I have recently had my account at an exchange compromised and am out to the tune of tens of thousands. Harsh day to be sure. I realize there is little hope of ever seeing that money again but I would like to investigate this as far as I can. I have the bitcoin address the funds have moved to as well as several IP addresses that were used to carry out the attack. If anyone thinks they can help please message me.

I have changed relevant account information and contacted the exchange. Any suggestions of next steps would be appreciated.
Contacting exchange is one of the right choices when requesting support from the legal management team. Also, I believe that the exchange will support you if this is the cause of the exchange. But I recommend using public exchange platforms and in particular, should turn on all security modes that the trade provides.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 09:20:50 PM

As a junior member, even early one, how come your account was hacked? What for? And if your account be hacked it should not border you much because I know you can't have much in that account. I advice you open another account and continue your life. Just be more  careful with the new account.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 09:28:41 PM

Hello fellow bitcoiners I have recently had my account at an exchange compromised and am out to the tune of tens of thousands. Harsh day to be sure. I realize there is little hope of ever seeing that money again but I would like to investigate this as far as I can. I have the bitcoin address the funds have moved to as well as several IP addresses that were used to carry out the attack. If anyone thinks they can help please message me.

I have changed relevant account information and contacted the exchange. Any suggestions of next steps would be appreciated.
I think only one thing you can do is contact to exchange
There  are cyber crime forces in Europe i guess in any other country there are some agencies what you can contact to
But maybe better for you to move your thread to Bitcoin Technical Support
There are experienced members there

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 05:05:25 AM

I'm really sorry for your loss,  mate, but still I don't understand how can people to learn nothing from all happened with exchanges.

The safest way to keep your funds safe is a hardware wallet. Exchanges are just for trading,  not to hold funds for longterm.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 06:01:11 AM

This is very annoyed and sad things happen to OP, hackers nowadays were very smart. If I have a fund in exchange I would rather to a doubled security level system. Putting 2FA authentication and Gmail verifications and other seed phrases before you can withdraw or transfer fund. That's the reason why I did not trust exchange in storing my asset because I believed that once you are not holding your private key then the bitcoin you've stored does not belong to you.
agatha90

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 06:17:36 AM

To avoid attacks by many hackers, anticipation for all accounts on the exchange is activated by 2fa and google authenticator. During this time I only use this method. And I think it's still safe.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:08:55 PM

As a junior member, even early one, how come your account was hacked? What for? And if your account be hacked it should not border you much because I know you can't have much in that account. I advice you open another account and continue your life. Just be more  careful with the new account.

If you actually read OP's main post you will immediately know that OP wasn't referring to his Bitcointalk account, but his exchange account. Maybe actually read the whole post first next time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:11:42 PM

Exchanges rarely refund your losses if the hack happens because of your carelessness.  I'm sorry but your money is gone and you need to take this as a learning experience for future security.
Iqra.s

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 03:55:48 PM

No one can help you with this all you should have to check before that what are you going to do
Syakbrown

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 06:59:18 PM

Unfortunately, you can only be patient and learn from this error, because right now I have not seen a solution when '' conditions '' like this. In the future you must protect your account with 2FA etc.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 08:16:44 PM

It's useless to investigate, you're in a decentralized zone. Where all transactions will be difficult to trace even though it's an FBI. So I just hope you see the money back, hopefully
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 08:44:09 PM

Since you have contacted the exchange and they could not help you in your quest to recover your stolen found from the hacked account on they exchange, there is nothing any other person can do except if the is a new development on how to track hacked account on exchange in recent time. Lots of people have lost huge sum of money on exchange attack in the past and nothing has been done about that.
lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 05:50:16 AM

What you are doing is right. You have to change your personal information. And I think the next thing that you need to do is apply the your own privacy. You need to take care your personal information such as password or private keys even in your close friend and family. Keep it in your self and avoid other sites that ask for your information.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
DrDoctor1234

Activity: 34
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 06:02:52 AM
Merited by TheHas (1)

If you're on a centralised exchange (especially if it required KYC) they may have some sort of insurance policy. I remember that was a push for a while from a lot of larger exchanges to deal with the security concern aspect of trading large sums of coins.

It also depends on what you mean by hacked. If someone got your password and you didn't have 2FA then you're probably out of luck even if the exchange would normally be willing to reimburse. I'm really sorry to hear a story like this no one wants to lose any amount of money for any reason.

In terms of tips for next time, I only trade on the one personal computer that doesn't leave my home - I never use someone elses wifi, trade on someone elses computer, go to any weird sites that might infect my computer etc. So far no issues but I think little things like that can make a big difference in reducing your risk.
Dingdongjl

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 06:16:45 AM

Just consider that as a tuition fee to learn from your past, dont stop believing on bitcoin you can start a new one and for sure you already learned what you need to learn and now you will take more care on every of your account and transactions.

Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 06:23:49 AM

Unfortunately there is nothing that anyone can do for you on the outside as far as I know. This is why it’s always  echoed to be careful of the kind of exchange you use and also not to leave your funds on any exchange except you are always trading. This could be a compromise from the inside just to steal funds and nothing will be done to it. Please be careful next time.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:51:44 AM

What exchange was it exactly? Security is a primary concern of many exchanges, so interested in exactly where the issue is, and if it was potentially partially an issue from the exchange side.

Do you think someone found out your password or was it an actual 'hack'? I know the term 'hack' is often used in a fairly broad way, but an actual hack is different to someone figuring out your credentials/password and going from there. Hope you are able to recover some of your funds OP.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 09:03:47 AM

Did not have 2FA, Fucked up Sad. Attacker gained access to email and reset my exchange password. Pretty sure that makes me screwed.

Ouch. This is what people need to learn from this unfortunate hack - take the time to set up 2FA! This is especially true if you have a significant amount of money on an exchange. Better yet, get a hardware wallet!
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 01:06:28 PM

Did not have 2FA, Fucked up Sad. Attacker gained access to email and reset my exchange password. Pretty sure that makes me screwed.
The question is, how did they got access to your email? Weak password? weak recovery words? Was your OS compromised with some malware that siphoned out your password to attackers?

I know someone who lost 6 figures with an even worse mistake, and there have been posts in this forum of people losing 7 figures, so yeah it could have been worse. At least you were smart enough to keep cold wallets unlike the aforementioned examples...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 02:38:05 PM

So sad that happen to you, if the altcoins or bitcoins already moved the wallet hackers you will not get again your coins.
But if the exchanges wallet the coins is still there is possible.  But I don't there's a chance for you to get again your money.
Next time make sure that every single information make sure it safe and just add 2fa or other that can help to secure your account in exchanges site because that is prone to hacker.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: