Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just had account hacked. Please help :S.  (Read 11848 times)
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 05:42:52 PM

Hello fellow bitcoiners I have recently had my account at an exchange compromised and am out to the tune of tens of thousands. Harsh day to be sure. I realize there is little hope of ever seeing that money again but I would like to investigate this as far as I can. I have the bitcoin address the funds have moved to as well as several IP addresses that were used to carry out the attack. If anyone thinks they can help please message me.

I have changed relevant account information and contacted the exchange. Any suggestions of next steps would be appreciated.

1. password is safe or shared?
2. private keys are the most important thing to have and you hsould never share it!
3. is it hacked or made a damage on your side?
4. it will never be back though it can be detected through transfer made, i hope you BTC went to a KYC wallets.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:29:23 PM

I know its a painful thing to bear but then you just have to take your mind off it. There is absolutely nothing you can do about the current situation but to move ahead. I also had same issue last year when someone logged into my account and moved away with my money. Its a good thing you have put extra security. Sorry about your loss, we just have to be more careful next time with out online money.
DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:53:36 PM

I would not start using such sites as a suggestion for you without having a more secure functionality at its backend such as a 2fa.
Or a simple SMS verification system would be wiser.
Unfortunately it's all about you getting some feedback from their support. Nothing we can do about it.

Nothing to see here
thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 10:50:34 PM

This hacking is really a serious issue. These days people dont want to work, just wake up and steal funds. This is why i like using sites with very tough security like 2fa. Anyway sorry about your funds, you surely make more.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:54:28 PM

There's nothing you can do with the bitcoin that was stolen from you. You should've given more details regarding what happened and mentioned what exchange have you lost your  bitcoin, so that people will be aware of it. Take care of your credentials next time and move on.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:58:01 PM

There's nothing you can do with the bitcoin that was stolen from you. You should've given more details regarding what happened and mentioned what exchange have you lost your  bitcoin, so that people will be aware of it. Take care of your credentials next time and move on.
if you actually read the whole thread, you would know that he did mention a few details
- the exchange is kraken, and
- the hacker managed to login and steal his fund in the exchange
by first gaining access to email and reset the password on his exchange account

Did not have 2FA, Fucked up Sad. Attacker gained access to email and reset my exchange password. Pretty sure that makes me screwed.
The exchange was Kraken, which is in the process of requiring 2fa but not there yet.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 12:15:29 AM

Since it likely doesn't matter anyway here is the bitcoin address the funds were moved to.

32cDFtEeUsCX9eYPWh56PoX26L47ySz8SH

Looks like the funds are on the move. Along with what is likely other ill begotten gains.

The IP addresses that were used are:
100.43.112.216 - which appears to be in south korea
104.158.11.46 - which appears to be in ontario, canada.

If the attacker is reading this:

Well played sir. I respect your skills even if I despise your ethics. I hope the money you earn is worth the corruption of your character.

The hacker is probably using a virtual private network to mask his location. I don't know how does he gain access to your e-mail address and hacked your account but the best thing you can do right now is to be vigilant because there are a lot of malware and phishing sites that are sprouting everywhere and its main target are Crypto Currency users like us.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 12:59:51 AM

Did not have 2FA, Fucked up Sad. Attacker gained access to email and reset my exchange password. Pretty sure that makes me screwed.

Sorry to learn about your lost funds.The biggest mistake here was that you had not enabled 2FA authentication to your mail id, by gaining access to your mail id ,your other accounts may also be on stake. If your mail password is still working just change it immediately and set 2 FA to all your mail ids (including backup mail id). I can understand of having 1 tier security to your account if little funds were kept there but this amount was in 5 figures then 2 tier security should be there.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 01:22:28 AM

Since it likely doesn't matter anyway here is the bitcoin address the funds were moved to.

32cDFtEeUsCX9eYPWh56PoX26L47ySz8SH

Looks like the funds are on the move. Along with what is likely other ill begotten gains.

The IP addresses that were used are:
100.43.112.216 - which appears to be in south korea
104.158.11.46 - which appears to be in ontario, canada.

If the attacker is reading this:

Well played sir. I respect your skills even if I despise your ethics. I hope the money you earn is worth the corruption of your character.

The hacker is probably using a virtual private network to mask his location. I don't know how does he gain access to your e-mail address and hacked your account but the best thing you can do right now is to be vigilant because there are a lot of malware and phishing sites that are sprouting everywhere and its main target are Crypto Currency users like us.

I got caught the same way brother, except they used a phishing link it was a page clone like a google webpage login, no 2fa,  then they stole my coins from exchanges then pretended to be me to my dad and stole my dads coins. Just be aware that life is a blockchain and when they die, everyone on the network will see their actions.

They not only cost me and my dad all of our btc we have been saving, they pitted my own father against me, he thought it was me for the longest time.

I despise their skills and ethics, if the had skills they would of told the person they were vulnerable and helped them out.

skill
/skil/
noun

the ability to do something well; expertise.

well
/wel/
adverb
adverb: well; comparative adverb: better; superlative adverb: best

in a good or satisfactory way.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: