Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:22:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin should I 'mine' with my laptops?  (Read 1252 times)
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 02:48:43 PM

core i3 noutbuk oh my Goodness my noutbuk  is burning hot
+ after 1 week it burned down (I don't play anymore mining

Laptop with good spec still isn't design for mining. That's why PC version still recommended for mining.  Maybe if you use it foe staking will do, since no energy consumption is needed. Dont force the laptop or it will be soon go to trash can.

Technically, you can mine using your laptop. Think about the option of cloud mining: due to the high costs of electricity and great expenses on the equipment these services have already gained great popularity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:24:42 AM

I won't recommend you to mine with your laptops because it's not worth it at all. You don't need to follow other people to mining. Your laptop will get to heat, and it could be damaged. Even if you still decide to mine coins, I guess that the rewards still not too big and it's a waste of time to spend. But it's all your decision, you could still try, but I cannot suggest what the coin to mining with your laptop.

Laptops don't have an efficient cooling system so that the risks of overheating and frying your units are very high and there is a big possibility that you will incur losses than having gains in using them for mining. Imho.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 08:07:39 AM

Powerful laptop for mining? yes it's powerful but it can't sustain the heat that mining will produce through your machine. It's not an advisable idea to mine with your laptop. If you want to mine, invest to another rig and build a machine that's dedicated for mining. Go for GPU mining but if you don't have budget for that, you can sell that laptop and start your own farm with that profit. You are lessening the life of your laptop by mining with any coin with that.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Alucard2425
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 10:13:43 AM

You'll just waste time and energy in mining in laptops and it's not worth it to mine in laptop, try that many times ending up breaking my laptop  Cheesy
Cellerex

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

Coinsbit.io

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 10:33:34 AM

Powerful laptop for mining? yes it's powerful but it can't sustain the heat that mining will produce through your machine. It's not an advisable idea to mine with your laptop. If you want to mine, invest to another rig and build a machine that's dedicated for mining. Go for GPU mining but if you don't have budget for that, you can sell that laptop and start your own farm with that profit. You are lessening the life of your laptop by mining with any coin with that.
Mining on a laptop? Guys, this is not serious. On a maxim laptop, you can run wallets with a POS. or run masternodes. And then for these purposes it is better to use the rented VPS.

Coinsbit.io is a new trading platform that provides businesses and individual traders with Low commissions, MultiSupport, Strong Security and Open API
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:46:08 PM

Guys, I heard that there is a mining with the processor, my laptop has 8 cores, it is suitable for this type of mining? Or payments are so meager that they are not worth the time spent?
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 04:40:39 PM

maybe when we want to do the crossing we should use a PC only, because its performance is far more effective. after all for now one of the only coins that can give certainty when we are mining is only bitcoin (in my personal opinion) while the others are still full of question marks.

viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 857

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:36:09 PM

Guys, I heard that there is a mining with the processor, my laptop has 8 cores, it is suitable for this type of mining? Or payments are so meager that they are not worth the time spent?

GPUs and their mobile variants differ significantly in performance. But the difference in performance between the CPUs and their mobile variants is not so significant. Therefore, the laptop can be used for mining coins. But under several conditions. The coin must have an algorithm that allows mining only on the CPU. You also have to choose for mining only those coins that have been recently launched. You also need to calculate your electricity costs. Laptop cooling system must be cleaned periodically. This cooling system does not have a "reserve" for heat removal. It is advisable to use for mining laptop that you do not use and will not regret it if it breaks.
Beyerd17

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:08:59 PM

The simple answer to that is don't mine with your laptop. If you want to get serious go buy a mining rig, or at least a few gpu's - minimum rtx 2060's. Should set you up nicely for at least the next 3 years.
naufals4

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 03:16:40 AM

Hello,

I have two laptops with good specs eating dust. I thought to set them to work as nodes or miners or something like that. See if it's worthwhile.

The specs of my best laptop are i7, 16 GB RAM, 1.xx GHz, Windows 10. The other is a 4GB RAM laptop. I think it's i5, but I don't know the exact specs from the top of my head.

I'm a newbie in staking and mining and I don't want to install Ubuntu or Linux. I'm not an IT guy.

It can be leading or non-leading coins. That doesn't matter.

Does anyone have tips and suggestions about where to start and what to mine?

Thanks in advance.
don't  mining with the CPU, at least use GPU to mine coin, because the speed or hash of the CPU is very small compared to mining via GPU so mining through the CPU will not provide many benefits. My suggestion is you can sell the laptop and buy PC and GPU components to do more profit mining.

TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 03:27:43 AM

Like a few people have said, you'd be spending more on power plus damaging your laptops to get a few cents worth of coins. Not worth it.

You could try JSEcoin for some desktop cpu mining if you just wanted a bit of fun or to learn. Took me about a week to earn maybe a little over $1 worth of coin?

If you want to just get coins, sell old laptops and buy direct!
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 09:04:12 PM

Mining on a laptop? Guys, this is not serious. On a maxim laptop, you can run wallets with a POS. or run masternodes. And then for these purposes it is better to use the rented VPS.
It is serious that there are people like OP asking to mine with their laptops. That's a good alternative for those wants to earn with their laptop by taking up coins on PoS.
If you want to just get coins, sell old laptops and buy direct!
Much better, less hassle and maintenance.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
GREENch

Activity: 1400

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:36:52 PM

You also have to choose for mining only those coins that have been recently launched.
With the remaining points I agree(understand why they need it) but with this - no clue. Why choose for mining coins that have been recently launched? Tell me more.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:43:24 PM

Rather than mine with a laptop it could be put to better use by installing the SONM OS which will basically rent out your resources in exchange for sonm tokens, which is already listed in binance

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:43:35 PM

Rather than mine with a laptop it could be put to better use by installing the SONM OS which will basically rent out your resources in exchange for sonm tokens, which is already listed in binance

I just explored SONM and it seems quite interesting to me as it's currently providing a better ROI to (Ethereum) miners. However, are you sure that you can rent your "laptop's resources" in exchange for the tokens? It doesn't look very possible to me, as according to the SONM web estimator, for my laptop's resources, I'll only get:

However, including a nice GPU to the estimator multiplies the rewards, while including a good CPU doesn't do any good. Overall, it looks good only for GPU miners, not for laptops or computer systems without any nice GPU.
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 857

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:07:29 PM

You also have to choose for mining only those coins that have been recently launched.
With the remaining points I agree(understand why they need it) but with this - no clue. Why choose for mining coins that have been recently launched? Tell me more.

Because at the beginning of the miners are still few, so the hash rate and the difficulty is less.
When more people learn about the coin, it will become unprofitable for mining on laptops.
Beyerd17

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:35:54 PM

I just explored SONM and it seems quite interesting to me as it's currently providing a better ROI to (Ethereum) miners. However, are you sure that you can rent your "laptop's resources" in exchange for the tokens? It doesn't look very possible to me, as according to the SONM web estimator, for my laptop's resources, I'll only get:

However, including a nice GPU to the estimator multiplies the rewards, while including a good CPU doesn't do any good. Overall, it looks good only for GPU miners, not for laptops or computer systems without any nice GPU.

Why not ditch the idea of mining on a laptop and rather either buy a used mining rig or altogether buy new gpu's and setup a brand new mining rig of your own.
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

Veil

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:30:00 PM

I don't want to say that you have just wasted money buying the second laptop as it won't be effective and give you the desired results.
What you could have done was going for a mining rig .
Mining rig is more effective in mining.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:49:04 PM

Selling the laptops and then holding coins after buying them or a few GPUs/ASICs like other have mentioned here would likely be much more profitable than simply mining on the laptops you have right now. Shouldn't be too much of an issue selling them if they've got the specs you mentioned and you aren't using them. Laptops just aren't designed to dissipate the heat mining produces and they also don't mine terribly fast.
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:13:59 PM

core i3 noutbuk oh my Goodness my noutbuk  is burning hot
+ after 1 week it burned down (I don't play anymore mining

Laptop with good spec still isn't design for mining. That's why PC version still recommended for mining.  Maybe if you use it foe staking will do, since no energy consumption is needed. Dont force the laptop or it will be soon go to trash can.

Today, it is useless to mine using your laptop. Yes, you can do it several years ago. Now new powerful hardware is used for it. However, ASICs prices are very high, and the expenses for them are not always covered.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: