Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 06:06:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Sending Fee?  (Read 264 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 06:44:59 PM

Ninja what do you mean trying it through electrum?  You mean you use the nano ledger s but use electrum in conjunction with it?
I meant using your Ledger wallet through the Electrum software instead of the Ledger Live app. It’s basically Electrum but with the hardware wallet functions (better security, requiring a confirmation on the device, etc).

I thought you were trying to make a transaction from your Nano S to another wallet (through the Electrum interface). Sorry.

I sent the btc from electrum to my nano ledger using the minimum fee.  It got there in less than 10 minutes.  Thats amazing.
Yeah. It’s really cheap and fast when the mempool is empty.

HCP mentioned that some ppl use nano ledger s with electrum.  So basically if you did download a fake electrum wallet, that still protects you from everything since its connected to the nano ledger s right?

Oh no i meant transferring the remaining btc i have electrum into the nano ledger s.  Reason being i have small amount there and because i don't want to sort of use it anymore after all these phishing and hacking things that has been happening.  I also didn't even want to open electrum for a while because im worried i get that phishing message and get some issue.

Yea im surprised the btc got sent so quickly for the minimum fee.  Amazing.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 7375

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 07:07:52 PM

HCP mentioned that some ppl use nano ledger s with electrum.  So basically if you did download a fake electrum wallet, that still protects you from everything since its connected to the nano ledger s right?
They won’t be able to steal your private keys/seed (unless you stored them in a txt file on your computer or something) nor make transactions from your wallet (because you always need to confirm it in the device). That’s why you should always double check the address, amount and fee in the Ledger device screen before clicking the “yes” button.

jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:56:48 PM

Thanks for that information ninja.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: