Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:19:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I do pattern analysis with my transactions?  (Read 236 times)
josh_ (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 03:51:45 AM

Hi everyone, I'm trying to workout how much i've spent on cryptocurrency altogether. Is it possible to work out when my first transaction was based on a new one from that address?

For example: I've had three trezor wallets the first one I gave away to a friend but before I did that I sent all my funds to my new wallet after that I sent it to the other one because i cocked up the private key when i checked it back because I setup the wallet wrote down the private key then wiped and restored it only I couldn't restore it because the key was wrong.

For example I have this address https://ltc1.trezor.io/address/MHwW2EsKF5thygzZa2L5tHDcD9HuoxDPYW which i think I sent 12.998 ltc before that I was using loaf wallet and I just got my transaction history from coinbase so I was hoping to cross reference the addresses from coinbase to the ones that were in loaf wallet as a receiving address which is the one i had before I bought my first trezor.

Thank you.

P.S it's 3:50am where i live sorry if some of it doesn't make much sense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 05:49:07 AM

i can't think of any application that does this but what you are asking here sounds like you want to have all your transaction history and view it with their date/time and values. in which case you first have to gather all your addresses that you have ever used in one place then get your whole transaction history, and since the blockchain is a timestamped database you can use the date of each block that contains your transaction as the date/time variable and the amounts are obviously there too. if you want the price you can also fetch if from exchanges which most of them offer historical data through their API.

the problem is that you also have altcoins (based on your comment) which will make everything longer and a little more complicated.
if the size of the list of addresses you used is a small one you can do that manually using a block explorer and an exchange (for price) but if it is big (like having 100s of addresses) then you need to ask someone to write you some code to do it automatically.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3631

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 10:08:49 AM

You need to rephrase the entire topic as I did not understand what you mean correctly.

In general, everything is visible to all, publicly and it is registered so anything is possible "unless you use some currencies like Monero."
If I understand what you mean correctly this is what you are looking for ----> http://www.cryptobalance.in/.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 10:29:52 AM

I really don't understand what you are saying. But, if you are saying that you are looking for the history on every transaction you made you just need to explore your wallet more and you can see it. I believe that all wallets have that history page. For example in myetherwallet.com. There is an ethplorer.io to check the transaction history.

maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 02:57:43 PM

What do you mean by looking at the number of transactions since your wallet was made, I think that is quite easy because many sites provide explorer bitcoin or altcoin wallets.
josh_ (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 11:44:17 PM

You need to rephrase the entire topic as I did not understand what you mean correctly.

In general, everything is visible to all, publicly and it is registered so anything is possible "unless you use some currencies like Monero."
If I understand what you mean correctly this is what you are looking for ----> http://www.cryptobalance.in/.

I've had 3 wallets one of them I have lost the seed for it was the first HW wallet I had for cryptocurrency so you could call it my genesis wallet, of which the seed is missing and I'm having trouble re-tracing the addresses for bitcoin, ether, ether classic and zcash I moved from wallet to wallet but forgot to note down which is which it's confusing me and messing with my head - a pain in the ass.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:46:02 AM

Are you trying to track all the transactions that you had? You could check all the history of your transactions in the wallet that you're using. Every wallet has that kind of feature. I had different wallets and I explore them when needed and when I have enough time.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 02:23:39 PM

I've had 3 wallets one of them I have lost the seed for it was the first HW wallet I had for cryptocurrency so you could call it my genesis wallet, of which the seed is missing and I'm having trouble re-tracing the addresses for bitcoin, ether, ether classic and zcash I moved from wallet to wallet but forgot to note down which is which it's confusing me and messing with my head - a pain in the ass.
Tracing down wallets and the addresses which holds your bitcoins over the period of time is little difficult. You could have used various wallets and some could have been abandoned by you. cryptobalance website doesn't give you the exact details unless you sync your address all the time. I along with most of them use HD wallets where the wallet software generates a new address each time when it receives the coins. But centralized exchanges like coinbase use the same address over a longer time period (I am not really sure as I haven't used coinbase much). If your wallet is a HD wallet, block explorers find it difficult to trace down the wallet owners since each wallet can have many bitcoins as inputs in various addresses.

If you have used coinbase as the exchange, you could have the transaction history as you have mentioned in your post. Consider that as a starting point for tracing down the addresses where you have hold down the btc. Check down the tx ID and post them in the block explorer, by this way you can get through the value of money you have spent on crypto altogether.

I moved from wallet to wallet but forgot to note down which is which it's confusing me and messing with my head - a pain in the ass.
During exchange hacks, when the coins move from wallet to wallet the officials track down the final wallet through block explorers. You need to spend time on getting down all the addresses of yours and rephrasing the addresses and their balances.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: