Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:21:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: smart contract (btc) that pays out winning bet in price prediction game?  (Read 353 times)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 12:31:31 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1), 600watt (1)

I also would ask someone "minerjones or someone" to just make a BTC address receive all the participating BTC's....

but not myself, cause a highly trusted member would be more satisfying for people I think to participate.... 

and I think we can maybe find someone who's willing to do this for free, a community game "free escrow donation if we are lucky"

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
600watt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 12:36:56 PM

it would be indeed a good thing if participants would not know what others picked. i am afraid though that if we start to make signing messages mandatory we will lose participants who need/want it easy. how about that bets be set only through PM towards "game managers" (for example micgossens) who then publishes the bet but leaves out the picked value. it would look like
I choose signed messages to make it provably fair: everyone is responsible for keeping his own guess safe. The problem with using a game manager is that it can't be verified he doesn't share the numbers in private, and even if he doesn't share them, he can never prove that he didn't. One way or another, it can lead to drama.

we would have to have an escrow or mic or me are doing this.
A multisig escrow could work too.

very good idea!
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 12:58:50 PM

whats a multisig escrow?  sorry  Roll Eyes

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16589

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2019, 01:24:01 PM

whats a multisig escrow?  sorry  Roll Eyes
I'm going to be lazy: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Multisignature Smiley

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 04:42:04 PM

Here is another idea, instead people forming pools.

You can add to the contract code to pay out the number of bets multiplied by the number of entrants bet level and then the contract will subtract that and continue to the next place winner if the first did not empty the account and so forth.

Then anyone could send what ever amount they wanted even more than .1

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:08:37 PM

Your topic reminded me of a game called secondstotrade. It was a fun game and lots of people relied on it. Until that was proven to be a scam. Smartcontracts is a very interesting idea to build a game like that, but it is still not easy to achieve using the Bitcoin framework. Eventually you will need some confidence in a person. And this is always complicated.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:47:39 PM

I would get in touch with these guys at rootstock and see if they will provide the code for you.

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/ultimate-guide-rootstock-blockchain/

It would bring attention to their project which looks like its aim is to make ETH redundant and I'm all for that. Cheesy

If you do you might want to mention changing from RSK would be a good idea it just brings to mind risky. Lol

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
600watt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:21:56 AM

I would get in touch with these guys at rootstock and see if they will provide the code for you.

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/ultimate-guide-rootstock-blockchain/

It would bring attention to their project which looks like its aim is to make ETH redundant and I'm all for that. Cheesy

If you do you might want to mention changing from RSK would be a good idea it just brings to mind risky. Lol

i will try that, nice link!
i asked some people at the understandingbitcoin conference in malta and they said it is not possible to write a script that securely/safely executes a bet. but maybe rootstock has a solution.

if it does not work via a script/contract then we have to do it with escrow and multisig. maybe we ask some guys well known in the community with a good reputation and do a 3 out of 5 multisig including micgoossens and me. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: