Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:49:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinmarket.io The worst Alt Coin Scam exchange to date!  (Read 832 times)
TamiLee (OP)

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:39:11 PM

It has been pretty much confirmed that coinmarket.io has scammed it's users and we talking about over 2000 btc as a modest estimate alone excluding the value of the alt coins that have been taken.

Not only was this a financial loss but a time wasting / emotional ride for it's users as they kept stringing the public along thinking they would come back online to try get as much deposits as possible
before finally going down for the last time yesterday.

It's one thing creating a scam coin but exchanges are far worse beasts, if this is going to be the new trend then I don't see much of a future for virtual currencies without heavy regulation.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454186

They also had the arrogance to create a new exchange called CryptoEX.cc which has already stopped withdrawals for the few people that deposited.
TiberiuC

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:17:50 PM

Wow, very weird that was able to withdraw my btc a few days after it was closed. Probably not the initial plan to scam but changed his mind.
This can happen with most exchanges.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:40:41 PM

This guy seriously must be dead inside, this scam was fucking terrible. Worst I have seen!
LAFreeze

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:51:00 PM

Well, let's say he made more off it than I do in quite a few months... 'Stupid' though he may be, he's laughing all the way to a nice warm island.
TheNexusProtocol

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:56:49 PM

Dear users,

The Nexxus Corp will be releasing our new exchange this weekend or possibly monday for all mobile devices. We are very sorry for your loss. Hopefully we can provide a new home. https://nexxuscorp.com

Kind Regards,

The Nexxus Corp.

mkasiak

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:22:20 PM

coinmarket.io is currently online. it seems, there are not many coins left, so maybe it is possible to withdraw. I was using it before but now I do not have there anything, so I can not test whether withdrawals work. BTW. I liked this exchange, it has good interface, and no lags. It is a pity it has no future now.
hhussain

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:33:41 PM

The exchange platforms may not be as popular as the people might think because once the mass adoption of cryptocurrency occurs the success of anyone cryptocurrency will have a huge effect as most people will want to own that cryptocurrency as many of the economic activities will be based on that currency so the concept of exchange is useless if future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: