Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:24:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin Revolt Against Cryptsy  (Read 1225 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:44:45 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 04:03:20 PM by Pangia

It appears that the consensus within the Dogecoin community is that Cryptsy is purposely manipulating the price of Dogecoin or that the trade engine has a serious glitch that Cryptsy refuses to fix.

Either way there are at least 6 front page posts on Reddit about moving out of Cryptsy.  There is consensus to move, now the decision is which exchange should they move to as a community.

Any recommendations?

Edit:

Wanted to share what's happening with Cryptsy. This post is from /u/centralcontrol

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/202jf2/cryptsy_your_trading_system_is_killing_our/

Before criticizing this post as "Oh, he just mad because the markets are down" post, I ask you to hear me out and make your own call. Open this up to discussion if needed. Call me crazy or completely wrong. I don't care, but this needs to be released for public dissemination.
I honestly believe that Cryptsy is allowing our markets to collapse due to serious incompetence. Asside from this post, I am a true believe that a coin (DOGE or otherwise) will collapse if it is not respected or wanted by the general public. This is actually how a "free market" should work.
I really do not think that is the case with DOGE, but allow me to continue.
There have been serious and well timed "technical glitches" that have completely offset the orders that take place on this exchange. As I am writing this post, I am staring down a 0-quantity and a 1-quantity order that is stuck on the tables. This should not even be possible based on "normal" order limitations.
This is falsely causing orders to be placed where they simply should not be. Right now, because this order is "stuck" orders are backing up and will create a torrent of bad orders once it finally clears. This happens over... and over... and over.. and OVER, slowly killing our markets because they fail to fix these little glitches.
The timing is really bad too. DOGE is at a low that we haven't seen in a while and this has already hampered about 2 rallies that should have, and were, happening.
This is strictly my opinion. I do not pretend to understand how things work behind the scenes at this exchange, but it is not looking good from what I can see from the outside.
Attached is a collection of screen shots on DOGE that I have recently started collecting from bitcoinwisdom.com and my own API implementation. This is the exact same data that you will see on Cryptsy. However, they are nice enough to "prune" their historical datasets and "smooth" out these little technical glitches.
Look at the following album, and I will explain in the titles what is going on. Remember, this is just a small portion of my data collection and screenshots on this matter.
Image #1: Stuck order at 133 satoshi... This has been ongoing for about 20 mins. -- REALLY f'ing bad.
Image #2: Simultaneous stuck order at 133. This gets "reinjected" everytime it supposedly clears off the table -- REALLY f'ing bad.
Image #3: Order "injection" events that triggered a false rally. Note that the order for 162 cleared below the "fair-value" price that cryptsy supposedly enforces.
Image #4: Effect on the order table due to invalid orders -- Bad because orders get placed that are NOT market value.
Image #5: Completely FALSE rally that was triggering orders to be misplaced. The prices NEVER reached 180, but was the result of the order injections
Image #6-#7: Effect on the historical data. This data was "pruned" from Cryptsy's database like it never happened. -- REALLY f'ing bad.. Almost a Goxish move.
**Edit Image #8: False order set between 125-127
http://imgur.com/a/MWKZW#0
On first thought many people would ignore this because it supposedly caused the markets to rally, right? NOPE. It just caused people to make really bad orders.
This can't be good. If there is a logical explanation to all of this, that would be awesome. I will delete this post if this stuff didn't "actually" happen. It did, and is killing our markets.
Cryptsy: Fix your stuff. Be transparent. Let us know when you have issues and we will actually work with you. Please.
Edit: From writing this post to its completion, this little glitch just caused a 10 Satoshi drop, and the pumpers were able to shift their buy walls at little or no cost because the market was being "held" at 133.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:49:35 PM

If those morons at BTC-e get rid of the bribed NVC, fading TRC and FTC and replace with Doge/Quark and another alt things would get better. Trading at BTC-e is much better than those Cryptsy newbs who add every copy&past Crypto to make some fees.
The Bitcoin Foundation

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:50:37 PM

I dont think you get to choose at this point in your coins life
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:08:02 PM

Dogecoin is Revolting after the Olympics ended.. yep, sounds about right.

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
ubi4doges

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:48:02 PM

If those morons at BTC-e get rid of the bribed NVC, fading TRC and FTC and replace with Doge/Quark and another alt things would get better. Trading at BTC-e is much better than those Cryptsy newbs who add every copy&past Crypto to make some fees.

+1

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:57:12 PM

Cryptsy is flaky, but I am not sure there is a big conspiracy.  They have nothing to gain from continually fucking up.  I have tried Kraken and Vault of Satoshi and like both, but it did take a while to fill orders at Vault of Satoshi.  I was just using CoinedUp to buy my first digibytes and it was functional, but that was about it.  Overall I think it will be Kraken for me.
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:00:09 PM

This might just be a stupid question, but how in the holy hell are you going to "take" Dogecoin off Cryptsy?

Is there some sort of license contract or something?

~BCX~

I think you misunderstood my posts; my fault for not being more explicit.  The community isn't looking to "move Dogecoin off of Cryptsy".  They are looking to move THEIR OWN Dogecoins out of Cryptsy.  The community is 70,600 members strong and growing.  That's alot of Doges to move to another exchange.  

There will be another surge in the growth of the community since they're working on raising funds for water wells in Kenya which is experiencing a drought. Once that initiative hits the main stream media, there will be another 10,000 members added.

I use to see posts here over and over about Cryptsy and how much they suck, but never realized how much they truly suck indeed til now.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:12:50 PM

All I ever hear on these forums is problems with Dogecoin withdrawals and deposits on Cryptsy.

Just going on the amount people complain about it, it's clearly an issue. One that appears to ongoing.

If you strongly feel it is damaging Doge, then it seems fairly rational. Just pick your exchange wisely.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Kaninm

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:21:37 PM

I've been using Bter to trade Doge and haven't had a problem with them since I started (about 6+ months).
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:23:23 PM

I've been using Bter to trade Doge and haven't had a problem with them since I started (about 6+ months).

Hi Kaninm,

Please forgive me, but you're full of shit.  How could you possibly have been trading Dogecoin on Bter for about 6+ months now?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Ioqua

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:23:48 PM

Mintpal has been my favorite easy exchange for awhile now
CoinCartel

Activity: 122

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:51:31 PM

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:10:27 PM

Hi Kaninm,

Please forgive me, but you're full of shit.  How could you possibly have been trading Dogecoin on Bter for about 6+ months now?

This might be a case of a dangling participle.

I think he meant he trades DOGE on Bter, a site that he has used for 6+ months without issue.

If not, then sure, he's full of it.
HiroS

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 08:27:12 PM

Welcome to markets. I doubt you will be able to free Doge from manipulation if the gold and silver markets are not free. The way to improve this situation is not to get Doge removed from Cryptsy but to get volume on other markets.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
Tenemo

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:22:49 PM

Welcome to markets. I doubt you will be able to free Doge from manipulation if the gold and silver markets are not free. The way to improve this situation is not to get Doge removed from Cryptsy but to get volume on other markets.

^ that

You all can trade DOGE wherever you want, but who will buy it? Major problem is that Craptsy has sick volume on every coin being traded, it's just being powered by it's current volume and doesn't have to do anything special to keep it. I had tons of problem with them, deposits are sometimes processed in ~12h, which is outrageous compared to the minutes on other exchanges. I think Craptsy should learn a lesson which they never had a chance to do, since they were the biggest and remained so.
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:23:19 PM

An attempt at such can be accomplished by removing ones Dogecoin from Cryptsy and placing them onto other exchanges, thereby increasing volume once they begin trading, or so the hope is.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║