Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: aelf blockchain - What dApps do you see what to see aelf using for your needs?  (Read 127 times)
DJBROTZ (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 11:27:54 PM

Quick recap of aelf:
The core principle of aelf is to resolve practical technical issues that have been tested already. Attention to making mature configurations that will stabilize business applications when the are executed. aelf will have one main-chain with infinite side chains. Each side chain will work on one and only one contract at a time.

What is a dApp? -They are a type of software program designed to exist on the Internet in a way that is not controlled by any single entity. dApps are a ‘blockchain enabled’ website, where the Smart Contract is what allows it to connect to the blockchain.

In order for an application to be considered a dApp in the context of Blockchain, it must meet the following criteria:

The Application must be completely open-source.  It must operate autonomously, and with no entity controlling the majority of its tokens. The application may adapt its protocol in response to proposed improvements and market feedback, but the consensus of its users must decide all changes.

The Application data and records of operation must be cryptographically stored. It must be cryptographically stored in a public, decentralized blockchain in order to avoid any central points of failure.

Also the application must use a cryptographic token. (Bitcoin or a token native to its system) which is necessary for access to the application and any contribution of value from (miners/farmers) should be rewarded with the application’s tokens.

The application must generate tokens, according to a standard cryptographic algorithm acting as a proof of the value, nodes are contributing to the application (Bitcoin uses the Proof of Work Algorithm).

Dapps can be used for anything from Banking to medical records to any type of gaming app.

So what dApps do you envision on the aelf Blockchain?
BTCBTC
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 11:49:21 PM

Creating a newbie account to gain traction via promotion, disguised as promotional posts isn't really a good idea for your blockchain/project.

I have a couple of issues with the site, without even looking at the whitepaper. Why are popular exchanges like Kucoin, Binance and bitfinex listed as 'exchanges' which is implying that you have a partnership or at least a relationship with them? I haven't seen any of those exchanges acknowledging your project, let alone an agreement that would involve an exchange listing after your main sale.

I also don't see your lead/first advisor 'J. Michael Arrington' acknowledging that he is involved with your project.

Smiley
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 08:24:14 AM

I don't like how they promote this site/project either but there are some important points that I think worth to respond from timerland.
1. Maybe the 'exchanges' is just a list of exchanges where people can trade the tokens, I've seen this practice on several projects and as long as they don't lie that they're actually listed on that exchanges, I think that's fine. AELF is in fact listed on those exchanges. https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/aelf/trading_exchanges
2. Wdym by 'acknowledging'? Putting this project on their LinkedIn CV? I think some advisors might not update their CV regularly, best to ask them directly for proper DD.

On the other hand, is there no dapps on Aelf atm so they need to promote their blockchain?
DJBROTZ (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:00:11 PM

Timerland to answer your 1st question.
I have been working for aelfblockchain since early 2018. I have had a bitcointalk account since then but have not used it until now.

As elda34b has stated those are some of the exchanges where the community can purchase elf tokens.

There is a video from 2018 where Michael Arrington and Zhuling Chen discuss aelf and blockchain in general.
https://youtu.be/v0puMd1xGRA

akristofor

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 12:14:13 PM

I find aelf really interesting https://cmc.io/coins/aelf
Cloud computing means a lot
DJBROTZ (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:50:52 PM

akristofor aelf has a very unique blockchain framework. In that every side chain will have only one contract, this will allow for faster transaction times.

If you haven't done so yet please give their white paper a read. https://aelf.io/gridcn/aelf_whitepaper_EN.pdf?v=1.6
You can also join the community in Telegram at https://t.me/aelfblockchain
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:01:59 PM

My fear for most of these blockcahin projects now is usecase, I was saying this last year about Stratis, no one is using this platform and some people said this is FUD, I just have a feeling that the value will surely be in Dapps, no one will care about which platform you are using once the scalability and security issues have been resolved which I feel the solution is at and. I for one, I'm not betting big on blockchain projects again because we have many of them and most are offering almost thesame thing

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████