Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:18:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Knowing when to sell off your crypto investment  (Read 17825 times)
Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 05:32:38 PM

This is actually my first topic on the bitcointalk forum, been in the crypto eco-sphere for some time now but didn't really feel the need to join this forum until lately. As a trader/ investor the market has taught me some pretty tough lessons and am currently in search of solutions. My question is when does one get out of a trade or sell off a crypto investment?. I used to be a sucker for the hold gang but recent experience has taught me that sometimes you just need to sell off some cryptocurrency even at loss and move on with your life. Examples of such include dragon chain. I bought at the top a year ago and because of the fact that i noticed they were constantly having meetups and news on their social media, i felt sooner or later the market will correct and it will escalate in price. Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.
I think its important to throw this question open to the public because a lot of noobs are coming through and although this happens to be the best time to join the crypto space, people need to be educated that it won't be always rossy, you might need to get out of some trades before it gets you down the rabbit hole and into wretchedness.
So blockchain experts and crypto enthusiast when do you say is the best time to get out of a trade? or Dump a long term cryptocurrency you invested in? What level of loss can you take before you hit the panic button?.

This is actually what traders call the selling point; identifying and selecting the gwei at which you sell your tokens at max profit or to stop loss

It depends on the courage of traders and also how good your research methodology analysis is about a project
Everglow

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:33:02 PM

Based on market trends. You cannot sell when the market goes down as late as last year. Naturally, you need to obverse the market and sell when the market goes up as today.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:38:35 PM

If you are entering the world of crypto currency or crypto trading, you must always check the potentiality of the coins mate. Then, once your done in buying the coins, if you noticed that you earn more than 10% of you purchase, its up to you if you are going to sell it or not.
Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:47:01 PM

This is actually my first topic on the bitcointalk forum, been in the crypto eco-sphere for some time now but didn't really feel the need to join this forum until lately. As a trader/ investor the market has taught me some pretty tough lessons and am currently in search of solutions. My question is when does one get out of a trade or sell off a crypto investment?. I used to be a sucker for the hold gang but recent experience has taught me that sometimes you just need to sell off some cryptocurrency even at loss and move on with your life. Examples of such include dragon chain. I bought at the top a year ago and because of the fact that i noticed they were constantly having meetups and news on their social media, i felt sooner or later the market will correct and it will escalate in price. Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.
I think its important to throw this question open to the public because a lot of noobs are coming through and although this happens to be the best time to join the crypto space, people need to be educated that it won't be always rossy, you might need to get out of some trades before it gets you down the rabbit hole and into wretchedness.
So blockchain experts and crypto enthusiast when do you say is the best time to get out of a trade? or Dump a long term cryptocurrency you invested in? What level of loss can you take before you hit the panic button?.

The question is very serious.  All who are connected with cryptocurrency would like to know the answer in order to protect themselves from big losses.  Even experienced traders sometimes lose in their investments; they are simply taught by extensive experience and they are more selective in their investments.  We can say that it is not necessary to invest in it without analyzing any coin.  Do not invest in questionable projects, be careful.  The cryptocurrency market will not forgive your mistakes.
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:53:16 PM

Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.

It's the classic "It's popular now, I must join in the fun!" Everything that involves money and trends, it is always the laggards that suffer the biggest losses because the cheese stands alone.

Ponzi schemes and all markets function the same way because it's human nature to follow the herd.

What you should have done is wait for the market to crash before investing (not buy during December 2017!). Today might be the best time to invest. A year from now or two might be the best time to sell. You just have to wait for another parabolic price trend.

Woolles890

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 06:11:58 PM

Many people will think that if the green market and value increase, investment can be sold so that it has advantages, but there are also people who are pressed by needs so that crypto investment can be disposed of as needed.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
ngusmin
Copper Member

Activity: 496
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 06:35:48 PM

The best time is when you have benefited by selling at prices more expensive than the purchase price, but it is not easy to predict market movements, and for that we must be brave to speculate.

┏━━━━━━━━━ JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
│▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o l K i t z A I -  Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓│
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 06:50:03 PM

Many people will think that if the green market and value increase, investment can be sold so that it has advantages, but there are also people who are pressed by needs so that crypto investment can be disposed of as needed.

In short term if you think or want to make money then yes people will sell now in some point of time. And for those who want to make the best use of this time of rising in prices, one should be ready for the investment now and make some profits.
ninja811

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:09:44 PM

The moment when it will be necessary to sell everything very quickly can come very soon.
The market grows up and the prices of coins soar after it.
I think that when the bull run begins it will be necessary to act.
It is very important not to miss this moment.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Brainnin

Activity: 170

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 07:14:57 PM

Knowing time to sell off is very easy, the only thing needed is to keep following the project, keep researching on the project everyday, if they are progressing or still have meaningful things to offer, with this you won't have to wait till all your investments turn shit before dumping.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[  IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
Suslura

Activity: 586

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:43:59 PM

Knowing time to sell off is very easy, the only thing needed is to keep following the project, keep researching on the project everyday, if they are progressing or still have meaningful things to offer, with this you won't have to wait till all your investments turn shit before dumping.
It seems to me that even experience will not help here; Where is the guarantee that after the recovery of the cryptocurrency market all the assets that are in the city will also rise in price? I hope that at least half of my remedy will return.

thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:49:14 PM

I mostly sell off my assets when It meets my initial target. prior to every trade, i set my risk-reward ratio and as soon as any of the condition is met, it calls for immediate action to stop my loss or take profit

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:17:12 PM

One thing is setting when it come to crypto currency investment as investors in most cases knows the level of profit he or she is expecting at the end of his trading except if you don't have such target before placing the order. Then you will need to gamble when exactly you will need to stop trading and sell off your coins.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 09:19:38 PM

It looks like at the core of your problems is that you have not made any financial goals.

It may seem simple, but that is a very vital step that so many people leave out.

How much do you want to make from crypto and by when?
If you set realistic goals and dates, then you have something to measure with.

Then, you can figure out what you can do with your current portfolio.

For example, if your goal is to pay off some debt you have as quickly as possible.
Then, yes, you should look into selling soon at a loss so you will have at least something to work with.

If you are looking for substantial wealth and don't mind waiting for it, then you should look to invest more rather than sell.

Of course, everyone, no matter what their goals should at least sell off enough to make their original investment back.
So perhaps that should be your first goal.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 10:11:23 PM

An opportunity lost cannot be regained, but you can as well make use of another that is likely to come up. This is why I usually do not go for too many coins at the same time, because they are need proper monitoring, most especially when listed on exchange. The price if some of the coins fluctuate so well, that it becomes pump and dump. Some make use of such opportunity, to make some profits, but most times, they do not last long.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 02:32:03 PM

no one can find the real bottom or top until it become happened.Maybe there are some exceptional people like having the super power of finding what will happen in the future can use this strategy to maximize their profits. Cheesy
Yes, that is right. Moreover, it also depends on the rising trend. If your initial plan had been to cash out with a profit of $2000, a bullish trend can change your decision to more than $2000 which further depends on what you get as a result of technical analysis. See crypto has great potential and I think that this bullish trend is something that you should make use of. If you do not, you are missing out.

When considering the infinite potentials of crypto, I guess we may never find appropriate time for cashing out. Hence, the right time should be determined based on our age. Because, our expectations of directly proportional to our greed factor but age is a time-dependent which is God's factor hence we must go for cashing out based on our age factor.
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 02:48:51 PM

As a good investor you should always know your in and out positions, and it always depends on your goals. If you are awaiting 200 percent from a coin, just set up a limit order, because you cannot always stay by your PC.
dvdrewritable

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:12:33 PM

Often many coins can not be understood when the sell should be considered that it will go up after a lot, but after moving it further down, the holder should be included in the team itself, so to keep himself free from such condition. And before each trade, stop loss must be done. So that the coins go down a little bit to the least damage.

▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     I  D  Ξ  A  O  L  O  G  Y     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
SUPPORT BRIGHT IDEAS THROUGH CROWDFUNDING
Follow us on:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Youtube
Jenkins33

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:54:15 PM

In order to find out when to sell or buy a certain coin, you need to constantly follow the news about it and find out one of the first. So you will know when the price is expected to rise or fall.

DarkEagleMan

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 08:30:08 PM

I must admit that I was also one of those fools who believed that the best way to approach the issue of investments in this market was through the holding, but like many others, experience showed me that we always have to give an opportunity to the sale of our assets to ensure at least a minimum return and disposal of capital for other uses.

Now I have changed my strategy, and for me it is enough that an altcoin offers me between 15% and 20% return to sell at least part of that asset. Comparing such performance with the one currently offered by the regular financial system, it is still a good deal.  Wink

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: