Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:07:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Knowing when to sell off your crypto investment  (Read 17820 times)
GospelCrypto2 (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 12:40:33 PM
Merited by TimeTeller (1), Turk Ace (1)

This is actually my first topic on the bitcointalk forum, been in the crypto eco-sphere for some time now but didn't really feel the need to join this forum until lately. As a trader/ investor the market has taught me some pretty tough lessons and am currently in search of solutions. My question is when does one get out of a trade or sell off a crypto investment?. I used to be a sucker for the hold gang but recent experience has taught me that sometimes you just need to sell off some cryptocurrency even at loss and move on with your life. Examples of such include dragon chain. I bought at the top a year ago and because of the fact that i noticed they were constantly having meetups and news on their social media, i felt sooner or later the market will correct and it will escalate in price. Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.
I think its important to throw this question open to the public because a lot of noobs are coming through and although this happens to be the best time to join the crypto space, people need to be educated that it won't be always rossy, you might need to get out of some trades before it gets you down the rabbit hole and into wretchedness.
So blockchain experts and crypto enthusiast when do you say is the best time to get out of a trade? or Dump a long term cryptocurrency you invested in? What level of loss can you take before you hit the panic button?.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 12:49:28 PM

Welcome to forum and I wish you for your first thread. Please explore more here what crypto investors are thinking and market movement here with the help of bitcointalk users. I will suggest you to hold the bitcoin for long term. Now we may find little bump in the market from the past one week.

That should be keep bump and reach the market value in 10k USD. If the value cross that value then you can make money with the investment you do now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
..Learn More..
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2019, 01:04:08 PM

It's pretty easy if you want to know when to exit the crypto market. When you hear all mainstream media talk about bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies), and all sentiments are positive, you should consider periodically selling your portfolio.

Right now is a good opportunity to buy and accumulate Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
GospelCrypto2 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:10:33 PM

Welcome to forum and I wish you for your first thread. Please explore more here what crypto investors are thinking and market movement here with the help of bitcointalk users. I will suggest you to hold the bitcoin for long term. Now we may find little bump in the market from the past one week.

That should be keep bump and reach the market value in 10k USD. If the value cross that value then you can make money with the investment you do now.
Thanks for your advice. Will like your candid opinion on the question I asked on the thread though. When do you think is the best time to sell off especially when the price is depreciating? I mean like how many percent loss can you take before you lose your cool and sell off?.

GospelCrypto2 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:20:19 PM

It's pretty easy if you want to know when to exit the crypto market. When you hear all mainstream media talk about bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies), and all sentiments are positive, you should consider periodically selling your portfolio.

Right now is a good opportunity to buy and accumulate Smiley
your verified title as a bag holder definitely precedes you, sir. buying and long term holding are quite difficult for small-time investors like me.

znation

Activity: 188
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:40:45 PM

If the price increases, it will be an opportunity to sell, otherwise it is not necessary because the decision is yours.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:46:30 PM

If the coin starts to go down, you have to have some kind of a stop loss limit. Once the limit is triggered, you get out. Yes it is a loss, but it is a moderate loss. The other way around too, once the coin starts to go up, you take some profit at some point. And let the rest of the investment go up even more.

Examples of such include dragon chain. I bought at the top a year ago and because of the fact that i noticed they were constantly having meetups and news on their social media, i felt sooner or later the market will correct and it will escalate in price. Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.

Your experiences with dragon chain and other altcoins are in fact very common to investors in the crypto space. We have all experienced owning one or another coin that seemed like a good choice initially but turned out to be a failed investment after all. I have invested in a couple of failed shitcoins myself. The sooner you forget about them the better. Good luck.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:53:13 PM

This is actually my first topic on the bitcointalk forum, been in the crypto eco-sphere for some time now but didn't really feel the need to join this forum until lately. As a trader/ investor the market has taught me some pretty tough lessons and am currently in search of solutions. My question is when does one get out of a trade or sell off a crypto investment?. I used to be a sucker for the hold gang but recent experience has taught me that sometimes you just need to sell off some cryptocurrency even at loss and move on with your life. Examples of such include dragon chain. I bought at the top a year ago and because of the fact that i noticed they were constantly having meetups and news on their social media, i felt sooner or later the market will correct and it will escalate in price. Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.
I think its important to throw this question open to the public because a lot of noobs are coming through and although this happens to be the best time to join the crypto space, people need to be educated that it won't be always rossy, you might need to get out of some trades before it gets you down the rabbit hole and into wretchedness.
So blockchain experts and crypto enthusiast when do you say is the best time to get out of a trade? or Dump a long term cryptocurrency you invested in? What level of loss can you take before you hit the panic button?.

When you are seeing a pump and you can sell your tokens and try to put a buy back at the lower price. this will always work. You should not be a greedy person. When you get profit and sell them. Remember this there will always be a correction after a big pump.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:57:13 PM

In order to still have such a solution and understand when all the same really decide you must own the project, that is, to understand when and how quickly it must be sold. Therefore, I think that all this is not easy.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:59:34 PM

Whenever you invest in a coin or stock, you must be clear with your take profit target and risk appetite i.e. SL. Losing 92% investment is not a wise decision, you should have put a strict line below far which you just could not take risk. Although its very tough to follow such rules as sometime market reverse after a correction making investor emotionally depressed. If strict rules are followed its not hard to win the market. I have realized it many times but still not able to follow it. Always make a an investment plan before investing. Hope it helps.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2019, 02:11:00 PM

every time I trade I always use stop loss, usually around 30-40% of the price I bought at that time. maybe this is a bit excessive but this is the best.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:16:59 PM

The thing with buying and selling is most people gets emotional while trading. They are excited on rising market and panics in decreasing market.
If you really want to earn from trade, you should be controlled by a formula. You should be able to sell 50% or more of your holdings for the first 10-20% of price fluctuations. Or stick to a formula you make to cashout profit and mitigate loss.
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:23:53 PM

People should have a clear vision how they are going to treat their crypto holdings. Is it for a day trade or a long term holding.
If you are in a day trade, you should utilise automation and limit orders in order to tap quick profit on rise and fall of prices.
We might not able to follow the market price 24 hours, so placing a limit order beforehand would always be handy.
drgomez89

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:24:31 PM

yes  i think you have to stablish some profit reacheable,, youc an say 10% earning And get out when u reach it... if it keep bumping dont feel bad ,, i think its important to know how to exit.. its not about the profits its about controling your looses. And you will be slowly reaching your goals,, thats is my strategy at least... i supposed i will never be a crypto millionaire that way haha. Wish u best of luck men

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GospelCrypto2 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:27:35 PM

[/quote]

every time I trade I always use stop loss, usually around 30-40% of the price I bought at that time. maybe this is a bit excessive but this is the best.
[/quote]
Exactly what i was looking for thanks. Although 30-40 percent is a huge loss to withstand, i think am cool with this strategy  and i will make a little tinkering with it.

monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:33:38 PM

The thing with buying and selling is most people gets emotional while trading. They are excited on rising market and panics in decreasing market.
If you really want to earn from trade, you should be controlled by a formula. You should be able to sell 50% or more of your holdings for the first 10-20% of price fluctuations. Or stick to a formula you make to cashout profit and mitigate loss.
In crypto trading most of the investors are never controlled the emotion because they need 100 percent profit. But current market is little difficult to make profit so we can choose our perfect gem. Recent market is not properly workout so those are take risk in trading platform they will earn more profit and formula calculation is totally waste of time.

jackblacksparrow

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2019, 02:40:38 PM

Of course, you should always keep in mind the rule that you need to buy cheap but expensive to sell. But this is not always the case because the market is not perfect and you always need to adjust. You need to be very careful and not act on emotions, this is a big enemy of profit.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 02:43:32 PM

The cryptocurrency market place is highly volatile where investor and trader make and lost money easily. Having a stop limit will minimize ones lost. Knowing when to sell depends on you the token holder and what you intend to achieve and the type of investment you one. I do short term investment and trading. Get the little profit I can.
Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 03:40:16 PM

It is essentially needed in order to earn money and avoid loss. Know how to trade cryptocurrency. There are many new traders who do not know how to trade coins. As a result, I have seen that many have suffered a big loss. But for those having much crypto knowledge, they are earning money even when the market is down. So lets learn trading skills at first.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2019, 06:12:22 PM

It depends on the situation. But if you already lost 92% of the portfolio, the rest should not matter. If you lose the rest, it will not hurt you. But if you step back, and the market starts to rise, you will be very upset.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: