Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot send ETH from contract address...  (Read 316 times)
Kartoff (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 08:16:59 AM

Hello all.

I have a problem sending ETH from my contract address... I use ethereum wallet for windows since it was out, but after version 11 i have issues... All addresses became watch only and i cannot send from them... When i try to use version 10 they are not watch only but when sending it gave me error... I managed to send ETH from them but now i cant again Sad Do someone know a working way to send ETH from contract address ? I can send from base address trough Metamask and MyEtherwallet but they seems do not work with contract addresses...
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 06:34:37 PM

Hello all.

I have a problem sending ETH from my contract address... I use ethereum wallet for windows since it was out, but after version 11 i have issues... All addresses became watch only and i cannot send from them... When i try to use version 10 they are not watch only but when sending it gave me error... I managed to send ETH from them but now i cant again Sad Do someone know a working way to send ETH from contract address ? I can send from base address trough Metamask and MyEtherwallet but they seems do not work with contract addresses...
I don't understand what you mean by sending eth from a contract address, the last I checked, contract address is the address generated by the blockchain once you deploy a smart contract to the ethereum blockchain, I might be wrong, but I don't think the contract address is the main address you used in deploying the coin to the blockchain but it is being generated once you have been able to successfully deploy the coins to the blockchain, so I don't see any reason why you want to send coin from a contract address.
Kartoff (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:13:44 PM

When i started using Ethereum Wallet for Windows in 2016 it says that with a contract address you can see full log of your transactions but with a normal address you can't... So i decided to use a cotract addresses... I make couple of them in my wallet and put them to NanoPool, so what i mine goes to them... All worked fine until version 10 and newer comes in... Before version 10 and even with it i was able to send ETH to whatever i want and whenever i want... After that problems started and now all coins i have in these contract addresses are stuck in Sad I cannot send them anymore because when i try i get an errors form a wallet... I tried to send coins trough MyEtherWallet and MyCrypto since they can interact with contract addresses with a sucess but result was inverse transaction... I mean i try to send coins from contract address to a normal address, but wat i send goes from normal address to a contract address... I am out of ideas... I have no clue what to do...
omer-jamal

Activity: 490
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 10:34:26 PM

Which contract addresses you mean ? special contract you make it ? or like decentralization exchange contract like etherdelta or Dapps contract what is ?
Please provide more information, So they can help you don't share private data
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:03:41 AM

Hello all.

What contract address ? Did you want to create your own smart contract to sending ETH to other addresses ?
If you only want to send ETH from one address to another, just use your private key and import it on metamask.
Then you can send the ETH from there.

Kartoff (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 10:30:25 PM

With private key i can only use address wich is parent to a contract address... But coins are in contract address and i can't get them out of there... With Ethereum Wallet for windows i created contract addresses long time ago and i was able to use them to receive and send coins until version 10 of the wallet was out... I seek for a solution how to transfer coins in these contract addresses to somewhere else (exchange, base address etc...)
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 11:33:25 PM

What wallet you use exactly? Has your wallet option to export private keys of all your Ethereum addresses from that wallet and use them on another wallet and send your coins? Is by the way your wallet password protected and this not allow you to send coins?
Kartoff (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:13:08 AM

What wallet you use exactly? Has your wallet option to export private keys of all your Ethereum addresses from that wallet and use them on another wallet and send your coins? Is by the way your wallet password protected and this not allow you to send coins?

I say it already i use "Ethereum wallet for Windows" Yes i have private keys and i dont have to export them since they are in AppData/Roaming/Ethereum/keystore... But these keys are for parrent address of contract address where my coins are... With Metamask, MyEtherWallet, etc... i can send coins only from base address, not from contract address... I also have password but it is not a problem at all Smiley
tetyulfania

Activity: 653
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:20:08 AM

I am confusing about your problem how come to sent eth address by using contract address, you have sent eth but first time you have check and access to your account and set it not for to contract address.
omer-jamal

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 11:32:56 AM

i think you can interact directly with contract  If the contract contains withdrawal/Transfer function or something ~similar
I think as long as you can in the past you can now what the difference Is there a feature that is no longer available in new version?
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 12:27:47 PM

You can't send ethereum from the smart contract that you have?
do you have a smart contract?
I don't really understand your problem can you explain it in more detail?
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 01:44:58 PM

Hello all.

I just don't understand your explanation mate regarding about the transaction in which you made in Ethereum according to your issues.
My first question is what eth wallet did you use? then, if ever you made a transaction already it means there is a txid record you have if it is transfer or not?
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 01:46:38 PM

what do you mean, i think all is normal even if you have contract address. you can still eth.
which address, could you give some information, so maybe other can help.
but yeah i never make a contract address so maybe their work is different.
omer-jamal

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 02:58:52 PM

~ what eth wallet did you use? ~

He said more than once " Ethereum wallet " this Ethereum wallet require download & sync full Ethereum  blockchain almost!..
lizarder

Activity: 1582
Merit: 880

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:14:23 PM

interesting case because I have never used the Windows version of ethereum wallet, but it seems that for this problem if you can get privatekey / json files then use them in a new wallet it seems to me that it still works, for problems sending through contracts it's complicated because every time I try like the transaction is always an error

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 03:25:12 PM

you mean sending eth to your another wallet ?
in case you should upgrade to eth wallet for windows in last version
then try to unsync then sync to your account. if not solving your problem you can contact costumer service or just wait
maybe that just temporary problem
Kartoff (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:35:55 PM

I wait for so long for new version to come out, hoping to solve my problems and wallet to be able to wark as intended... But seems they stopped developing a new versions or something... I do not know what to do to explain better my problem... Maybe i have to make a screenshot or something ?
Kartoff (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:38:10 PM

~ what eth wallet did you use? ~

He said more than once " Ethereum wallet " this Ethereum wallet require download & sync full Ethereum  blockchain almost!..

Thank you, i hope they now understand Smiley And yes i have to sync blockchain wich is about 200GB... Sometimes it takes about a week or so to sync...
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:40:10 PM

Check the security settings on metamask. Somewhere in the advanced setting you need to allow the website access to your wallet otherwise it won't work. After changing it, refresh and try again

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:50:45 PM

in my opinion, there is no problem if we send ETH from MyEtherwallet if there is sufficient balance in the wallet address of MyEtherwallet. Or it could be that you have filled in the wrong address when sending ETH.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: