Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:27:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for penny money?  (Read 1490 times)
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:16:11 PM

Agreed. They will buy it from you and will sell it OTC with lots of profits. There are lots of telegram groups selling those IDs to anyone who wants to participate ICOs. And that is a best-case scenario. I don't want to think the worse one...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
playbtcgame

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

Co-founder Love Air Promise

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 02:34:05 PM

It becomes a great disturbance when you see that for just a little money you will get, you got to upload a whole lot of pictures to validate you as an ideal participant of the project .

ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:16:17 PM

When I’m looking for airdrops to participate in, I don’t go for the ones that pays penny. All those things are heavy work for anyone to do, not to talk of accepting penny for it and giving out your information on top of that ?

I can’t take such a risk. As long as it is something that has to do with cryptocurrency and online, I can’t really take such a risk. And even for the ones that pay big, I still do proper research about them before participating, cause some of them are scammers.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:34:33 PM

Agreed. They will buy it from you and will sell it OTC with lots of profits. There are lots of telegram groups selling those IDs to anyone who wants to participate ICOs. And that is a best-case scenario. I don't want to think the worse one...
This is the bad side of it, everyone who joins these bounties and airdrops that requires KYC are believing much that their identities are safe and will never be sold to other parties. But that's it, we already known that many of them are doing this for the sake of IDs.

What kind of people who want to share penny money for a KYC. I think people must be smart because of my guess they only buy your personal data to be misused.
You may never know the real reason why some are still blindly following and passing on these KYC requirements, they want to make small money out of it but the possible return on what these people can go wrong with their identities, I think they don't even think about it.

medsi2

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 09:12:57 PM

It becomes a great disturbance when you see that for just a little money you will get, you got to upload a whole lot of pictures to validate you as an ideal participant of the project .

Is not good to fill KYC just for airdrop tokens.. It's like selling your identity for few dollars.. In my opinion stupidity at maximum level.
There are many other airdrops without the necessity to fill KYC, so I don't get the point to do this kind of risky things.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 09:33:30 PM

The worst one is they will use your documents and identity in illegal activity. Ran an ICO using your name, Ran a HYIP/Ponzi using your ID to verify payment processor account. Identity theft is the worst case that can happen and you will wish it will never happens to you

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:03:38 PM

Well, let's be honest here many peoples' identities are worthless. If you're living in a drain in Lesotho it's not as if anyone can do much with it, that's if you can afford documents at all.

A fine demonstration was the joke KYC on here on April Fool's day. In the joke application thread there were a suspiciously large number of genuine-looking selfies.

I'm not going to hand stuff over to any random site, but, unfashionable as it might be to say, I don't really give a shit if a hack has those documents away. I own nothing. I have no credit. I will never, ever have any credit. If someone signs me up for the Foreign Legion without my knowledge I'd probably join it anyway for something to do.
salty

Activity: 562

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:30:22 PM

If they are hungry for those pennies for the exchange of their identities, there are too things that's on my mind.

• they don't own the identity
  • they are desperate

It's not worth it to exchange your any ID just for those airdrops or free cryptocurrencies that they offer. I always avoid those kind of posts and ignore people them on social medias.

That's right.Do not submit your documents for a penny.And in general, if you are not an investor, you should not send your documents anywhere. Having received $ 2 today you can lose much more tomorrow.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:52:43 AM

For a little penny of money no I will not submit my real Identity unless that is thousands of dollars value and that is very high amount of money.  It's their choice if they want to submit that because that is Idenity maybe that id their way to earn some money because they don't have money for investment.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:57:17 AM

Possible, that you will get paid for your information. Its like a survey probably you will answer various questionnaires in different topics.
Data gathering, specially on buyer's information is generally gotten more values than ever. As long as, the compensation in return of personal information are equally compensated, then I don't see any problem of it. A penny money is fine but I wont try it.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:57:50 AM

Well, let's be honest here many peoples' identities are worthless. If you're living in a drain in Lesotho it's not as if anyone can do much with it, that's if you can afford documents at all.

A fine demonstration was the joke KYC on here on April Fool's day. In the joke application thread there were a suspiciously large number of genuine-looking selfies.

I'm not going to hand stuff over to any random site, but, unfashionable as it might be to say, I don't really give a shit if a hack has those documents away. I own nothing. I have no credit. I will never, ever have any credit. If someone signs me up for the Foreign Legion without my knowledge I'd probably join it anyway for something to do.

It was crazy how many people actually believed that April Fools joke and tried to enter in their personal information.  Just shows how these people from those impoverished nations will give up anything for a few dollars. Sad world we live in, isn't it.
Mr.Good

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:01:34 AM

I saw in my social media feeds that there's a lot of people now posting about free cryptocurrency that needed of kyc before you get a penny money. This people not think if it's will good to them to give their identity in any site for just penny money. Yeah it's free but your identity will be possible to use in any harmful doings.

Whats your thoughts about this?
It is possible that people are not fully aware of the seriousness of KYC and do not understand the danger that may occur to them. And maybe the opposite.
They all understand this and therefore they enter other people's documents everywhere. Therefore, KYC are held in any airdrop.
Mikwik

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:06:01 AM

Those site cant be trusted at all because they could use your identity in some shady business without your permission. It's better to stay out than to be sorry.
Well, you have the point here. In today's kind of environment we have, it is so much hard to trust internet world. Better for us to be more aware and alert or to stay out of it.
gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 476

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:10:22 AM

Will never stake my identity and government I.D issue for just some penny or even huge amount promise without any exchanges.
There are so many airdrops and free tokens offer for your KYC, which is very dangerous. never go for that fraud.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:16:07 AM

I saw in my social media feeds that there's a lot of people now posting about free cryptocurrency that needed of kyc before you get a penny money. This people not think if it's will good to them to give their identity in any site for just penny money. Yeah it's free but your identity will be possible to use in any harmful doings.

i do not trust most of the teams that launch any kind of airdrop etc. so i do not share my private information about any of them. Either i never can dare to send my passport details to them. it is very risky really.
acharias

Activity: 209
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:30:23 AM

I have only verified my ID on Binance, since I 'trust' them. I pay my taxes so I have nothing to hide.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:10:17 AM

The risk involved far outweighs any potential benefits. This is what I have to say about the KYC requirement for bounties. And by the way, it reminds me of an incident, which happened in 2017. My friend had 18 BTC in his wallet, and he wanted to cash out the newly forked BCH coins. I asked him to remain patient, as Blockchain.com normally credits the forked coins to the wallets in a month or two. But he was impatient and exported the private key to some web wallet. He lost the BTC as well as BCH to the scammers.

What I want to say is that we should be double careful while dealing in crypto. KYC is not a risk that is worth taking.
blueteam09

Activity: 664

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:29:19 AM

You have the same question with me. Currently, many publishers pay a small amount of ETH or Altcoin to ask participants Airdrop to make KYC mandatory before receiving the rewards. It attracted a lot of participants, but they did not know that their personal information appropriated, their personal information was being sold or used illegally.

leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 03:45:49 PM

I have only verified my ID on Binance, since I 'trust' them. I pay my taxes so I have nothing to hide.

I do not trust Binance,,, but among all the exchanges that I can access to, I believe this is the least likely to defraud me. It is not that I have hundreds of dollars in exchanges anyway but yes, like you, I generally do not mind KYC for stuff like Binance. I got nothing to hide either,,, just that I really hate exposing my confidential information online.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:59:12 PM

I have done the same with Cryptopia, since they looked like a genuine exchange. But that exchange was recently affected by robbery and I am not sure whether my KYC documents are still confidential or not. Paying taxes is something that even I have no objection to. But I am not OK with criminals gaining access to the scanned copy of my passport.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: