Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Debit card BTC purchase help  (Read 1399 times)
Houseonfire (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 07:23:39 PM

I have a debit card with some cash in it that I wish to use to purchase some BTC off of mtgox, or some other trading site.. Tradehill maybe also.

I guess what i mean is, which online banking site allows me to add a debit card to it. And is also able to transfer to and from mtgox or tradehill?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 07:25:51 PM

The closest I can think of is Paxum.
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 07:26:37 PM

You could also purchase a MoneyPak with your debit card and buy them here.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 07:40:43 PM

Or physical bitcoins from MemoryDealers.com.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Houseonfire (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 07:50:55 PM

Thanks guys. I found in Paxum an option to add a visa debit.
Good job
Houseonfire (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 10:47:54 PM

Paxum isn't doing it for me either.
Is there ANY way that I can buy on mtgox or tradehill using my debit card? I'd use the money pack and buy on here but no one ever knows if they can trust the other person.. And I want to get it done fast, without complications.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 01:41:35 AM

Is there ANY way that I can buy on mtgox or tradehill using my debit card? I'd use the money pack and buy on here but no one ever knows if they can trust the other person.. And I want to get it done fast, without complications.

If you cannot seem to use Paxum to get MtGoxUSD with the site, you can still trade PaxumUSD for MtGoxUSD from another person.
Houseonfire (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 06:48:01 AM

If you cannot seem to use Paxum to get MtGoxUSD with the site, you can still trade PaxumUSD for MtGoxUSD from another person.
It's not that I can't figure it out. It's that they don't allow one to transfer currency from a debit/credit to the account at this time.
When that's all I have is the debit card with money on it. No bank account at this point in time, and I cant open one for a while because of a small past debt.

I'll stick to the money pack I guess. It's my only option so it's what I've got to work with and do.
I thank you for your help and support though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: