Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: QS Merit Source Application  (Read 1845 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:45:29 AM

he is highly intelligent, articulate, and "in the know", [...]He knows a lot of stuff
My goal is to reward others who have taken the time to educate themselves about Bitcoin and other topics that I believe are consistent with the forum's values and ideals, and those who can show they have contributed over a period of time. 

If QS is going to scam
I am not going to scam.

If anyone can spot a scammer, or a possible scam situation, it is QS..
The avalanche of negatives does make it difficult now-a-days because many do not have the opportunity to show red flags of a scam attempt (they are tagged before it gets to that point, but there are also a *lot* of false positives, which is harmful to the community and the Bitcoin ecosystem).
In conclusion I do not think that we need to worry too much about QS trying to sell merits,
I am not going to sell merits -- if I wanted to do this, I would earn them myself -- I have shown the ability to make sufficiently good posts so that I am one of the most merited form members, and this is while not being in a position of authority or power. The majority of the most merited accounts are either staff, DT or a merit source, or a combination of the above.

Here is a fun fact -- I was reviewing the BPIP most merited profiles, and it turns out one of the accounts I sold years ago is actually a merit source, and has earned more merit than me  Grin

I'm more concerned about him propping up his army of alts with his free source merits and using those to stuff DT ballots.

In addition to your assertion being explicitly baseless, you are ignoring the fact that I already have an unlimited stash of merits by way of making very good and insightful posts. I think you are biased because I have called you out on your inability to think for yourself, and your tendencies to side with the more powerful in a dispute in an effort to gain additional power yourself.

I notice in the h8bussesbicycles thread there was lots of laughing at them saying they do not have the "power" to do anything because they do not have enough merits.... which is true
This is a concern of mine regarding using the merit system to determine who controls the trust system.

I would probably have a somewhat higher standard if I noticed someone shady is making good posts for the first small amount of merit I sent out, however if I noticed a lot of shady people are deserving merit in many instances, I would most likely open a thread with my concerns.

I say this even though I am not a  pal of QS and he says I'm an unproductive member
I hope you can improve. I also think you have become so extreme so that you are somewhat discrediting the arguments you are making. 

Both you and QS don't like cryptohunter
It is nothing personal. I will try to help you (and anyone else I see struggling) to be a more productive forum member, however I do have limits, and in some cases it may be too late by the time I notice what is going on.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 12:36:56 PM

I am not going to scam.

I am not going to sell merits

I'm more concerned about him propping up his army of alts with his free source merits and using those to stuff DT ballots.

In addition to your assertion being explicitly baseless, you are ignoring the fact that I already have an unlimited stash of merits by way of making very good and insightful posts. I think you are biased because I have called you out on your inability to think for yourself, and your tendencies to side with the more powerful in a dispute in an effort to gain additional power yourself.

It has basis in your history of lying and sockpuppeting and lying about sockpuppeting, ad nauseum. Also you don't have an unlimited stash of merits and neither do merit sources. If you did we wouldn't have this thread. You want free (obtained without having to work for them) sMerits and I happen to think that you should be at the end of that line.

You still haven't explained what my "powers" are. Can I have one that gives me additional limbs, often run out of them.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:26:56 AM

You want free (obtained without having to work for them) sMerits
Merit is not intended to be traded, and as such, all merit is free. I have not worked for any of the merit I received, nor have I received anything of value for any merit I have sent.

I have sent a total of 413 merit since the merit system was implemented, and those I have sent merit to (and those they sent merit to, and so on) can send a cumulative total of 413 merit, for a total of 826 merit.

In order for someone to get onto DT1, they need votes from people who have received a total of 580 merit, I have already given in excess of enough merit for someone to get onto DT1 if that is what I was wanting to do (it is not).

If you only count the merit I have personally sent, the total merit I have sent enough merit to get an account most of the way onto DT1 if that is what I was attempting (it is not).

The only alt accounts I use for posting are used to post to avoid harassment. I may or may not have used these alt(s) for signature campaigns in the past, or in the future. Yes my alt(s) receive merit, and no, none of the merit is from me directly or indirectly. Yes my alt(s) receive more merit than most people around here. No, you cannot know the identity of my alt(s), although I would tell theymos if he asked, although he can also look for himself -- I have never taken steps to (try to) hide my alts from the administration.

I would challenge you to find a post I have given merit to that is not deserving of merit OR was written by someone who can be linked to me. I don't think you can find the former, and know you cannot find the later.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 08:05:09 AM

I have a fun suggestion. How about Quickseller agrees that if he is caught using his merit to rank up his own alts, he agrees to be permanently banned from the forum. This is a win win for everyone guys.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:45:15 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2019, 10:59:33 AM by marlboroza

I have a fun suggestion. How about Quickseller agrees that if he is caught using his merit to rank up his own alts, he agrees to be permanently banned from the forum.
You will be assigned to follow him around forum, closely watch merit he sends and dig his alt accounts  Smiley

What's next? QS's DT application?

I don't think someone who was farming accounts to sell them stopped doing this no matter what he says, he is definitely not good choice for merit source. His farming accounts are one of the reasons why we have merit system so no one should reward him.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 02:19:32 PM

You want free (obtained without having to work for them) sMerits
Merit is not intended to be traded, and as such, all merit is free. I have not worked for any of the merit I received, nor have I received anything of value for any merit I have sent.

Quit the mental gymnastics, you know what I mean. If you had unlimited merits you wouldn't need to be a merit source. Nice attempt to have it both ways though. If you're so awesome at earning merits with multiple alts then why don't you work do whatever you're doing with that and don't bother with the merit source application.

And all that bullshit about sockpuppeting... is that supposed to make you more trustworthy / meritworthy? SMH.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:13:19 AM

I have a fun suggestion. How about Quickseller agrees that if he is caught using his merit to rank up his own alts, he agrees to be permanently banned from the forum.
Lol, I can agree to that. I would say this should apply to all merit sources Roll Eyes although I would not make that a condition of agreeing to this.

His farming accounts are one of the reasons why we have merit system
You are wrong. The reason we have the merit system is because a certain group of people were leaving negative trust for what they claimed to be poor posts, and the resulting outcry.

I am myself suspicious of people who try to hide their history....perhaps they have something to hide Smiley
marlboroza
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:20:08 AM

You are wrong. The reason we have the merit system is because a certain group of people were leaving negative trust for what they claimed to be poor posts, and the resulting outcry.
There you go, another reason why you shouldn't be merit source.

I am myself suspicious of people who try to hide their zorroback....perhaps they have something to hide Smiley
If you want to talk about account zorroback create thread in reputation and maybe one day someone from that account will reply to you.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:19:54 PM

There you go, another reason why you shouldn't be merit source.
perhaps you should review my post history and reevaluate your statement. The amount of merit I have should speak for itself. However I have also long been considered to be one of the best posters of the forum. I have received many custom signature deals paying to advertise on my signature well above market rates specifically because of how many people follow my posts because of how insightful they are and how much effort is put into them.

It was the actions by those who were tagging the people who were posting garbage that were harming the forum because after they got tagged they would often abandon their accounts to create a new one. In order to get banned for insubstantial posts, you need to post garbage over a period of time after receiving a number of warnings (such as having posts deleted and or getting publicity called out) — there are sometimes exceptions to the warnings. By essentially forcing people to abandon their accounts, these people were actively preventing the spammers from getting banned.

The other account is you. In addition to the Blockchain evidence, you sent it trust confirming the same and you recently responded to someone on one of your threads as yourself. You deleted the majority of posts the account wrote. There isn’t any reason to open a thread about it because the evidence is there.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 03:39:25 PM

What does really a merit source qualifications? If it can allow red trust member to be a merit source then QS is qualified. Besides trust rating is commonly the known its purpose in trading but for now it talks about all the process and works of the forum.

Bitcointalk.org still has to migrate to the new forum and it could be mean that possible trust rating modiFication.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:45:29 PM

However I have also long been considered to be one of the best posters of the forum.
[citation needed]

I have received many custom signature deals paying to advertise on my signature well above market rates
Perhaps before you became 4th least trusted account on the forum. Recently, not so much: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4910025.0. You've had your "tipping address" signature for months prior to your current signature campaign in the last week or two.

Although I agree that you know what constitutes a good post, and we probably couldn't find anything shady in your merit history (although I haven't had more than cursory glance over it), since the merit system now plays an integral part in DT selection, I can't support a known scammer and self-admitted account farmer being made a merit source.
marlboroza
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:13:23 PM

The other account is you. In addition to the Blockchain evidence, you sent it trust confirming the same
Very unsafe account for very unsecured connections.

and you recently responded to someone on one of your threads as yourself.

What is this sorcery?

Is this a question or you are trying to point something?
You are not making much sense Quickseller.

You deleted the majority of posts the account wrote.
Do you have proof it was me who deleted posts? Hah! You don't. Got you there.

There isn’t any reason to open a thread about it because the evidence is there.
Fair enough.

perhaps you should review my post history and reevaluate your statement. The amount of merit I have should speak for itself. However I have also long been considered to be one of the best posters of the forum.
Considered by who?

Pointing fingers? Eh. Now you got me very interested to look at your merit history.

Farming account
Since I am desperately in need of merit so I think I can give you sincerest answers --> first post
farming account
farming account
farming account
farming account
farming accoun

It happens that GreatArkansas wear the same Codex signature as alexandria which also recently received merits from you.

This pair is better:

Quote from: travelmug http://archive.is/VV9T0
In bitcoin design, you are your own bank[...]

Ok, 2 years later:

Quote from: whotookmycrypto http://archive.is/DiJu9
In crypto, you are your own bank
You need to be prepared to be your own bank.[...]

Lately:

Right,
I agree,
Lol,
Yep,
Exactly,
Right,
Exactly,
Exactly,
Yep,
Yes,

Yeah
Yeap,
Yes,
Haha yeap!
Yeap,
Yeah
Agreed.
Yes, agreed

Post, space, link, space, post:
Actually there are a lot of deadcoins right now.

https://deadcoins.com/

So obviously, they are all worthless. But I disagree that ALL coins have nothing to offer. Bitcoin for one is being used as investment, or even mode of payment. As for altcoins, some of them are being used by banks like XRP others as privacy coin like Monero and then there is ETH.

As far as I know, Bitmain has plans already in place in USA (Texas) however, it was scrapped due to the worsening market conditions throughout 2018.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/mining-giant-bitmain-reportedly-suspends-mining-operations-in-texas

Of course as business operators, you always look for options specially if you are being pressured by someone, in this case the government of China. There are a lot of places suitable for mining, specially countries wherein the climate is cold with cheap electricity.

Post, space, link, space, post:

LOL. It was actually a million.

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1098773528579588102

And not just running from governments. He has a favourite past time: https://www.scatcoin.fun/

LOL. And he has since given up on predicting prices.

https://ethereumworldnews.com/tom-lee-wont-predict-btc-price/

Got to love the entertainment in crypto. It's a circus.

On top of account farming to sell them and escrow scamming, this is just another reason why I don't trust that you will be a good merit source. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying any of these accounts are alt accounts neither I am trying to say that some of them are maybe yours because I would never say such crazy thing without more proofs which I don't have time to search at the moment, I am only sharing my observation from something which is probably just funny coincidence  Smiley
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:01:07 AM

Although I agree that you know what constitutes a good post, and we probably couldn't find anything shady in your merit history (although I haven't had more than cursory glance over it),
It sounds like an endorsement to me.

since the merit system now plays an integral part in DT selection,
The merit system is designed to award people for making objectively good posts, and not to award people for being trustworthy, or punish those who are not trustworthy. The sole basis for giving out merit should be:
Quote from: theymos
posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.
If you are giving merit out (or not giving merit out) because of your personal view towards the person, you are not using the merit system correctly, and have no business being a merit source.

Giving (or withholding, despite being aware of an objectively high quality post) merit because of your personal views towards a person is borderline censorship, and is encouraging people to agree with you, and to write things you agree with.

I can't support a known scammer and self-admitted account farmer being made a merit source.
I would ask that you cite someone who has claimed (credibility) I have either stolen or attempted to steal from them. Knowing you are unable to produce this, I will preemptively demand for a retraction.

I would also point out that have publicly claimed to be a doctor, who is bound by a strict of ethical standards, but you gave what amounts to a medical diagnosis (in saying "you have a gambling addiction, and a severe one at that"), while admitting you have not personally examined the person, which is unethical for a doctor to do. I also have circumstantial evidence, and have a belief that your field of practice is well outside of what you were apparently diagnosing.

I also have circumstantial evidence that certain people are both giving merit and using their trust lists in a way that involves a close personal (undisclosed publicly) relationship that would amount to something very similar to giving merit to their own alts, and would probably be viewed by most reasonable people around here as inappropriate, IMO. I don't yet have sufficient evidence to call the person a merit scammer, although I have put very little effort into looking into this, and only stumbled onto this while researching something else.

I would implore you to evaluate your own ethics before you go around judging other people based on incomplete and inaccurate information.

That account does not show up in the modlog in masse, and anyone who has 80%+ of their posts deleted is not going to be allowed to continue posting around here. It was you that deleted the posts.

Pointing fingers? Eh. Now you got me very interested to look at your merit history.
I don't know what your point is about any of these people.
While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.
It is nonsensical to say that someone's entire history should be reviewed before giving merit to someone. I would refer you to the specific posts I merited, and if you have any concerns about those specific posts, I would advise you to voice your concerns. Merit is given for specific posts. If someone previously made crap posts, but has since cleaned up their act, they should receive merit for their good posts.

Further, as of when I reviewed your post the day you wrote it, they all had received merit from multiple reputable people subsequent to when I sent them merit (perhaps with few exceptions), so I am not the only person who believes they are making good posts. I am also not aware that any of these people have been banned for making crap posts. I do not know any of these people, have not done any kind of business with any of these people, nor have had any meaningful communications with any of the people you cited.

If you think I have ever written like any of the posts you cited, I would invite you to review my post history, and would ask you reevaluate your assumption. 
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:41:58 AM

That account does not show up in the modlog in masse, and anyone who has 80%+ of their posts deleted is not going to be allowed to continue posting around here. It was you that deleted the posts.
Really? I have never seen such rules and the threshold of 80% deleted posts, beyond that accounts will not be able to post other posts later.
Can you give me source where you get such rules on the maximum allowable deleted posts, please. I even saw some guys deleted all their posts, then demoted from Full Member or Senior Member rank to lower ranks, even Newbies, with merits were not destroyed (those accounts were not nuked). So, the figure you mentioned very strange, at least with my limited understandings.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:23:39 AM

My concern isn't you giving merit to objectively low quality posts, it's with you using said merit to rank up your alts.

I would ask that you cite someone who has claimed (credibility) I have either stolen or attempted to steal from them.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=358020;dt

-snip-
I was very deliberate in my wording so as not to state I was making a diagnosis, and it is perfectly ethical to share general expertise and suggestions which do not amount to a diagnosis. I will also freely admit although I have plenty of experience in said field I am not a psychiatrist, not that you need to be one to recognize the symptoms of addiction. I can't tell if your next paragraph is referring to me, but I'm sure everyone would be interested in seeing your evidence of merit scamming.
marlboroza
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:13:54 AM

Yes, yes, I understand this but do you have proof that it was me who deleted posts?

Post video proof of me pressing delete button and removing posts from account zorroback.

It is nonsensical to say that someone's entire history should be reviewed before giving merit to someone. I would refer you to the specific posts I merited, and if you have any concerns about those specific posts, I would advise you to voice your concerns. Merit is given for specific posts. If someone previously made crap posts, but has since cleaned up their act, they should receive merit for their good posts.

Further, as of when I reviewed your post the day you wrote it, they all had received merit from multiple reputable people subsequent to when I sent them merit (perhaps with few exceptions), so I am not the only person who believes they are making good posts. I am also not aware that any of these people have been banned for making crap posts. I do not know any of these people, have not done any kind of business with any of these people, nor have had any meaningful communications with any of the people you cited.

If you think I have ever written like any of the posts you cited, I would invite you to review my post history, and would ask you reevaluate your assumption. 
Oh no, account seller and escrow scammer is trying to get me on "playing stupid again" card.

Like to quote theymos when it suits you? Well read this:
If you want to be a merit source:
 1. Be a somewhat established member.
It doesn't say "have scamming history".

My concern isn't you giving merit to objectively low quality posts, it's with you using said merit to rank up your alts.
This.

Over and out
The-One-Above-All

Activity: 252
Merit: 56

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:03:56 PM

Yes, yes, I understand this but do you have proof that it was me who deleted posts?

Post video proof of me pressing delete button and removing posts from account zorroback.

Oh no, account seller and escrow scammer is trying to get me on "playing stupid again" card.

Like to quote theymos when it suits you? Well read this:
If you want to be a merit source:
 1. Be a somewhat established member.
It doesn't say "have scamming history".

This.

Over and out

The reader should realize that moronbozo is clearly being hypocritical on 2 points . He only requires video evidence when we are examining his own guilt but for others it is just enough to say he believes it to be true.. He is also previously guilty of supporting and including for DT those that have been demonstrated to be clear scammers and liars, and those that are implicated and likely guilty of extortion. The reason should consider all of this back ground information before deciding to take into account his false indignation at QS becoming a merit source. 
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:11:26 PM

^^I would prefer you don’t post in this thread. I don’t have any way of enforcing this other than asking nicely, however I don’t believe you doing so contributes credibility to this thread (although I do also suspect this is your intention).
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 08:14:14 AM

I would put you in the category of someone who cannot handle any type of criticism, nor can handle being under the spotlight, even marginally. Perhaps you should be willing to be investigated before you go around judging people based on flimsy evidence.

I would ask that you cite someone who has claimed (credibility) I have either stolen or attempted to steal from them.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=358020;dt
Perhaps you could quote one person who left trust in the link you cited who is claimed I I have stolen or attempted to steal from anyone. Hint: it doesn't exist. Protip - you should retract your statement as it is defamatory and untrue.

-snip-
I was very deliberate in my wording so as not to state I was making a diagnosis, and it is perfectly ethical to share general expertise and suggestions which do not amount to a diagnosis. I will also freely admit although I have plenty of experience in said field I am not a psychiatrist, not that you need to be one to recognize the symptoms of addiction.
You said both "I feel confident suggesting that you have a gambling addiction" and "Please, seek help"....not ~please be evaluated...~ or ~please see your doctor~....I cannot see any way this could possibly be anything but a diagnosis. 

This.

Over and out
I have stated above that I will not do this (multiple times), and that my being a merit source is not necessary for me to do this because of my ability to create good posts.....
KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024

Hello Leo! You can still win.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2021, 08:05:21 PM

Great this application was granted. I wasn't expecting it when @Quickseller noticed my post as a newbie and merited it (4merits) amidst some attacks. I appreciate.
As a newbie, I gave you enough merit for you to get promoted to a junior member.
Not forgetting 4 merits from @Ognasty after signing a message, then consecutive 2 from @The Pharmacist. These personalities made my newbie, then uncountable came my way. I am grateful!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██