Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats Guarantee That USDT Wll Always Stay Pegged To USD  (Read 161 times)
alexey14 (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:50:43 AM

1- Whats Guarantee That USDT Wll Always Stay Pegged To USD?
What if 1 day bank block USDT Company money account?
2- I want Hold 80K$ in USDT, Is it safe? If no, what is my best option?
Because every time I change my money to fiat I have to pay a BIG fee, So I dont want to change my money to fiat, But Im not sure If USDT is safe? BTC is unstable also, Whats my best option?
e@symode

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 12:47:01 PM

Probably you have not thought about the globality of the whole cryptocurrency world, but from my point of view, guarantees are definitely not just cryptocurrency at the moment. Maybe in the future it will be so, but not now.
ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 12:54:51 PM

the fats answer is : Nothing!!  there have been many doubts regarding the all so named stable coins.. if you want a stable coin backed by dollar.. then go and buy dollars! the rest is really dangerous.. Tether for example has received subpoenas regarding all this matter.. shaddy practices.. keep care! Wink

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 01:03:09 PM

Because every time I change my money to fiat I have to pay a BIG fee, So I dont want to change my money to fiat, But Im not sure If USDT is safe? BTC is unstable also, Whats my best option?

There is no guarentee! Especially for Tether! Tether has made doubtful announcement about reserve over the past few weeks. But some other stable coins shared their reserves in a transparent way.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 01:20:20 PM

Tether for example has received subpoenas regarding all this matter.. shaddy practices.. keep care! Wink

Grin This seems like funny to me. Subpoena is a legal term where someone is made to appear before a court of competent jurisdiction, most times against there will.  Grin so I'm trying to understand your intent or who is issuing subpoena to tether  Huh
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 01:49:51 PM

1.Literally there is no guarantee that value of USDT will always same as USD,so you are holding a centralized crypto on your own risk.

2.It is never safe to hold coins like USDT for long time there are some other stable coins like USDC are also available but still not good to hold as it is,you should hold them in bitcoi and if you are long term holder that $80K will turns into $800K in few years.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:18:40 PM

The guarantee that this people have talked to exchanges to always peg their coin to the dollar, because from the initial state, usdt told us that they had a reserve where funds are kept and this reserve is used to make sure that the price of the coin remain pegged to the dollar, though what they failed to do is to show us a proof that this reserve actually exist, I had a news recently that they have deleted the post they earlier made of the coin being pegged to the dollars.

Could you please explain your reasons for holding USDT ? Are you trying short way of trading by selling bitcoins now and by holding usdt to buy back bitcoins for cheaper prices ? That must be a good idea still there will be no guarantee that usdt's bank account will not be frozen by tomorrow itself. Hence, my advice to you is, convert back as early as possible Cool.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 07:37:00 PM

I will recommend you to hold that such of money in eth and btc especially when they are cheap around these levels, just imagine they just reach the level of their all time high prices you will have earned 5 to 10x profit which is huge and if you stay in fiat or even in usdt that will not bring you any gains at all.

elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:04:43 PM

There are no special guarantees. In the light of the latest news, its rate is not supported by anything and the price is kept on the authority of the dollar. But I will tell you one thing that this token will cost as well so it will remain stable coin.
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:45:37 PM

There is no guarantee what so ever in the crypto market, but i don't believe it will vanish from the market. Investing large amount of money in a smart way is to use small amount of money in various coins.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:01:54 PM

1 - USDT will not always be pegged to the dollar. If you missed the latest news, then Teter has already made changes to the reserve policy USDT tokens.
"Every tether is always 100% backed by our reserves, which include traditional currency and cash equivalents and, from time to time, may include other assets and receivables from loans made by Tether to third parties, which may include affiliated entities" - https://tether.to/

2 - No, it is not safe. Better pay a commission and convert to dollars.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 09:14:49 PM

There is no guarantee, and i think no one can guarantee that stable coins like USDT, TUSD, USDC or another will be always pegged to USD, and i heard that USDT is created to use and some negative news about it and maybe something wrong can happen with USDT in future.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:18:02 PM

USDT is the most demanding stable money and I think reliable. Also, you can investigate dozens of stable currencies on the market and one of them may suit your requests. If they do not satisfy you, you should pay "BIG" fees.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:21:22 PM

Nothing guarantees it. They used to say they have all the dollars that are released as usdt but they lied and don't have 100%. What's stopping them from making more?

The best option is to buy bitcoin and hold in your wallet outside of the exchange. Bitcoin is unstable but it will go up in value as the bear market comes to an end. We are already in the longest bear market in history and not far from another halving.
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:00:51 PM

There is no such as 100% guarantee, even with banks. Tether is backed 100% by $ or "other assets' that is
how it is now. In the future it can change. That is a centralized solution and that is not I am a big fan of.
Would be nice to have a  strong, decentralized stable coin working on  the principle like DAI  does.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:45:07 PM

The guarantee that this people have talked to exchanges to always peg their coin to the dollar, because from the initial state, usdt told us that they had a reserve where funds are kept and this reserve is used to make sure that the price of the coin remain pegged to the dollar, though what they failed to do is to show us a proof that this reserve actually exist, I had a news recently that they have deleted the post they earlier made of the coin being pegged to the dollars.

Could you please explain your reasons for holding USDT ? Are you trying short way of trading by selling bitcoins now and by holding usdt to buy back bitcoins for cheaper prices ? That must be a good idea still there will be no guarantee that usdt's bank account will not be frozen by tomorrow itself. Hence, my advice to you is, convert back as early as possible Cool.

This is quite disturbing. Are they starting to wipe out the traces of their previous statements?
So people have no proof that they ever stated that USDT's value is pegged to USD.
But anyhow, USDT is still an altcoin, so the likelihood of being not stable is always there.
The OP should be smart enough and try to look for other best options for him.
Maybe, buy bullion of gold instead. Or better stay in BTC. Though it is unstable, yet, it already established its position in the crypto market.
But all up to you to decide on this matter. We are talking about your money here. So the final say, is yours only.
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:03:23 PM

If USDT already got audited and you should no feel worried about that. I will hold TUSDT rather than tether because so many unresolved accusations that created for tether. This company was manipulating everything. TUSD is my choice.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:55:47 PM

I believe there's no 100% guarantee that USDT will always be pegged to US$. Think of the issues surrounding this project and you will know that it's only a matter of time that this altcoin will not live up to everyone's expectations. OP should seriously think of his next best option other than pouring his investments to USDT.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: