Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:43:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Helix Light is shut down, dont try to use your old links  (Read 148 times)
_snowed_in_ (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 02:46:53 PM

I used my old Helix Light links which I had used for years before without issue, it had been at least a year since I had last used them but I didn't think to do any outside verification when the site popped up as expected. I sent a few transactions to it and of course none of them went through the onion, the onion address was grams7enqfy4nieo.onion

Anyways this is just a heads up in case anybody else does do their research before sending but Grams and Helix Light are confirmed down by this user. I only have myself to blame but it's a shame that some key subreddits went down that normally would have been a wealth of information regarding these types of warnings. Instead this information is scattered around the internet but with all of the misinfo out there it's difficult to determine what criticism and post authentic or not.

Anyways as always test these mixers with smaller transactions, never send any coins anywhere if you can't afford to lose them, and keep your eyes open. I guess after all the years that bitcointalk may still be king for a reliable source to aggregate this type of research.

Fairwell lost btc.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3632

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 03:37:04 PM

Anyways as always test these mixers with smaller transactions, never send any coins anywhere if you can't afford to lose them, and keep your eyes open. I guess after all the years that bitcointalk may still be king for a reliable source to aggregate this type of research.
Do not know, but you have to stick with some famous mixers because the use depends on trust, even with small transactions everything can happen, such projects can be turned into scam once they get enough level ----> BITMIXCOIN.IO scam confirmed: 16+ Bitcoin stolen.

For example, some mixers have paid a lot for signing campaigns, so they will not risk wasting their reputation for scam.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██