Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:14:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Society is knowledgeable but not wise.  (Read 389 times)
r1s2g3 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:49:30 PM

I find many instances in life where I think society is having all the data,facts and information (means they got knowledge) but still they are making bad choices. (lack of wisdom).

For ex: People know that overspeeding can cause accident (have knowledge) but still they overspeed (making bad choice, lack of wisdom)
           People know that there bad eating  habit affecting their health but still they eat junk.
           People know they should exercise but they ignore it.

I guess the list can go endless for many trivial things.

Do you guys know something that people in your neighbourhood/family/society knows very well but still exhibit bad choices?

I am alive
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:53:47 PM

This is because on people's mind "Life is too short to enjoy it in the way you want",so they are doing those things for their pleasure and making mistakes is human nature.

But there are some extreme level of bad habits are also can be found which is not necessary in my opinion.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:55:20 PM

In some cases, people having all the information but didn't get the comprehension. They couldn't transfer and grasp the information into something beneficial to their life, so they failed to apply it.

In my country, Indonesia, Smoking was the norm among society. They do know hows smoke affect their health, but they didn't know how to fight the nicotine addiction, they didn't aware about their smoking habit to the society itself.
yeosaga

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:11:14 PM

I find many instances in life where I think society is having all the data,facts and information (means they got knowledge) but still they are making bad choices. (lack of wisdom).

Humans making bad choices is just because there wasn't all of the information, or information is being held back.

For example we are now finding out that micro plastics are a very big problem in the world, so now there is time to find the solutions. A lot of knowledge is missing, but I think some knowledge will come to help deal with this big problem. Humanity is always finding solutions, even to problems we make.

I don't think humanity is trying to ignore things like this. Humanity is only capable of so much knowledge. We learn new things every day.

!ooh
Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:00:40 PM

Well just like the human being has a higher tendency to do what we are not to.
Well it only takes a strong and determined will to do the right thing. Most times the right thing are boring, uncool etc
Using your example.. Fast driving kill but people still engage in it.....  Well people get aroused or feel it's fun to accelerate fast.
Drinking alcohol is bad.... But people enjoys the intoxication...

All this are a thing of the mind. It's what you feed you mind it's gives you back in return. If an individual can take time to work on his/her mind developing to try to do what's right even if the urge to go the other way is there.
Still put in effort join a group that has same vision. Appreciate nature and the superficial being.
And am sure you would be a step closer to be knowledgeable and wise as well
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4177

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 03:57:02 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2019, 07:03:18 AM by CryptopreneurBrainboss

Lets not go too far outside the forum, lets bring it indoor. We can find numerous examples from the forum (society) been knowledgeable but not wise or in this case trying to outsmart the system.

• They know plagiarism leads to ban (Knowledgeable) yet they still try to play smart by doing it and hope they don't get caught (not wise)
  • Just like overspeeding in your example, they know spamming has it's repercussions (knowledgeable) but yet they still do it, hoping to cheat the system (not wise)
  • They know Farming of accounts/Trust/merits is frown at in the forum (knowledgeable) but yet they still do this acts with the aim of cheating their way to the top and hoping they don't get caught (bad choice, not wise).

The fact here is no matter where humans (society) are located be it on earth, internet, space etc there'll always be those that are Knowledgeable but lack wisdom. The human race prefer shortcuts and derive joy from going against the rules and regulations that govern the society that's why you can find a society with knowledgeable individuals but lack the wisdom required.

Smokers are liable to die young (knowledgeable) but yet we still have high rate of smokers in the society (not wise).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 06:54:27 PM

For ex: People know that overspeeding can cause accident (have knowledge) but still they overspeed (making bad choice, lack of wisdom)
           People know that there bad eating  habit affecting their health but still they eat junk.

Is it really lack of wisdom? I could argue. Say, you know you shouldn't overspeed, but many times I find the limits too low and frankly stupid. Come to the EU and you'll see for yourself. In most towns the limits are 50 km/h which is extremely slow for a car these days. You can break that on a moped and I've ridden faster on a bicycle (downhill). Making people drive like snails isn't helping, so everybody is speeding in these areas, because you just don't want your trip to work last for an hour every single day. I'd say we are wise enough to know that some laws are meant to be broken.

Junk food is unhealthy, but it's tasty. I know alcohol is bad, but I drink it because I like it. I like the taste and I like that it relaxes me. Is it lack of wisdom? I'd say it's a choice we are all making. A smoker knows that 30 years of smoking will probably shorten his life by at least 5 years, but he smokes anyway. Is that lack of wisdom? I'd say it's a choice combined with addiction.

Do you guys know something that people in your neighbourhood/family/society knows very well but still exhibit bad choices?

Of course. I know a guy who smoked and drunk a lot until they had to cut out one of his lungs. He quit both smoking and drinking because he was wise enough to know that they won't be able to cut out his liver if it gives up like the lung.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 09:13:32 AM

People also do know how hard can life fvcks you but still you wanted to live everyday is that a bad choice?  I would also like to argue some points here.

For example : somebody is dying and you should act fast and the only way you could have save that person is to rush him/her in the hospital then basically you are over speeding are you actually making a bad choice?

Therefore your argument for me is very subjective and there are also situations in which only you can determine if what you have acted was the best decision or not.

I have learned before that you should be intelligent enough to exercise wisdom and the heck not all are intelligent enough, also having such knowledge doesn't mean you are intelligent.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 12:30:59 PM

After a long enough period of making unwise decisions, the knowledge will be forgotten.

I think that people have become ignorant as well as unwise.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 02:03:32 PM

People know that there bad eating  habit affecting their health but still they eat junk.

Yes, I know many such people.
In my opinion, people lack discipline and responsibility.
They know, for example, that drinking alcohol or smoking is bad habit but just can't stop.
Sometimes, people just say: ''Life is to short'' let's enjoy it!''. 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 02:10:31 PM

Yes, I know many such people.
They know, for example, that drinking alcohol or smoking is bad habit but just can't stop.
Sometimes, people just say: ''Life is to short'' let's enjoy it!''. 
That is true. People in society today are very gifted because the era of the internet enables us to access information in almost 1,000% more compared to the previous generation. Before, some of the people only base their thoughts and knowledge from the televisions, newspapers because not everyone could afford to buy books and they were not that much interested as well.

Today, they are too gifted to just click what they wanted to learn and search it. But yes, society doesn't know how to choose the right link or the right website for them to be able to choose the right decision.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 03:48:26 PM

Google "IQ regression to the mean".  Humanity as a whole is pretty dumb as a result.  Very difficult to raise an IQ of any given population, it takes millennia of selective breeding to accomplish this.  See Ashkenazi Jews as an example.

Another reason is that we tend to not trust the experiences and wisdom of people who are outside of our social/religious/political circles and we end up learning from our own mistakes.  Kids trust other kids, not their parents. Churchgoers will trust other churchgoers, not scientists who undermine their belief system.  Democrats will not trust Republicans and vice versa.  Communists will not trust capitalists and vice versa.  The list is endless.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 05:13:47 PM

https://warroom.armywarcollege.edu/articles/information-apocalypse/
r1s2g3 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:34:47 AM

This is because on people's mind "Life is too short to enjoy it in the way you want",so they are doing those things for their pleasure and making mistakes is human nature.

And our wrong choice might make it more shorter than intended.

For example we are now finding out that micro plastics are a very big problem in the world, so now there is time to find the solutions. A lot of knowledge is missing, but I think some knowledge will come to help deal with this big problem. Humanity is always finding solutions, even to problems we make.

Finding the solution and society following the solution on their own will are 2 different things.

---snip--
Ahh! Interesting argument but choices that have bad impact are just choices not the wise decisions.

For example : somebody is dying and you should act fast and the only way you could have save that person is to rush him/her in the hospital then basically you are over speeding are you actually making a bad choice?

Really subjective but by overspeeding if you met with accident.

+1

Tl;dr

I think our choices are governed by our own convenience and I agree that in some case we lack disciplines and really do not understand the consequences.

I am alive
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 04:27:09 PM

I guess it's just part of our nature. That imperfection of not doing what we know should be done is part of being human. And it can be caused by a lot of things. Ego, fear, love, jealousy, family, friends etc. All these factors sometimes hold us back from making the right decisions but are necessary to make our life meaningful.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 03:17:39 PM

After a long enough period of making unwise decisions, the knowledge will be forgotten.

Cool
We were made as humans being to make errors and mistakes in our daily operations and that do not make us unwise to me.  I strongly believe that the society is knowledgeable however all of us cannot be wise as some people will always makes unwise decision.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:37:37 PM

Cool
We were made as humans being to make errors and mistakes in our daily operations and that do not make us unwise to me.  I strongly believe that the society is knowledgeable however all of us cannot be wise as some people will always makes unwise decision.

Originally we were not made to make mistakes. We were simply given the choice, along with the instruction to mot make mistakes. We decided to not listen to the instruction, and to make mistakes instead. Look at where it got us. We die. Let's stop making the mistake of rejecting the only way that we have to get eternal life back.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Yara1

Activity: 193
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:21:49 PM

Some time there is a wide gap between knowing the truth and doing what is right and the crisis we have most times in life is how to act right, we already know the right things to do but our ability to do them is what is difficult and that is human nature for you.
markstivn98

Activity: 154
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 09:07:52 PM

This is the human nature, they continue to do harmful things just to make them happy.
In my community, people know the danger of drinking alcohol, but they still drink.
Do not be happy but happy
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2145

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 11:48:18 AM

Mate, you cannot expect human behavior to be 100% rational all the time. Emotions and addictive substances also affect how the brain works.
I would say a wise man thinks rationally 90% of the time. That's a huge score considering we all are baboons Grin

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████