Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares EOS (BEOS)  (Read 989 times)
Stan Larimer (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:05:41 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2019, 06:15:46 PM by Stan Larimer

The long days of waiting are finally over. The BEOS Limited Cooperative Association (BLCA) announced today that it is releasing the BEOS blockchain and activating the http://beos.world website where you can get everything you need to get your free BEOS tokens.

This is not an ICO.  Tokens are given away for free to people who move their BitShares (BTS) over to the BEOS network during the distribution "rainfall" period.

All 2.6 Billion of the publicly available BEOS tokens will be given away over a "rainfall" period of 89 days beginning a week from this posting on April 9th, 2019. All you have to do is move your bitshares onto the new BEOS chain and leave them sit there for up to 89 days to collect your corresponding share of the BEOS tokens proportional to the total number of BTS everybody deposits there. (If you have 1% of the total deposits, you'll get 1% of the total BEOS given away every hour of every day in the rainfall period.) RAM tokens to give access to memory resources will be given away over a much longer 80 week period.

WARNING DO NOT SEND ANY BTS TO BEOS THAT YOU WANT BACK BEFORE RAINFALL STARTS ON APRIL 9TH. YOU'LL NEED SOME OF THAT RAINFALL TO POWER THE RETURN PATH.

BitShares EOS (BEOS) is conceived as a middle chain sitting between BitShares and the EOS main chain. It will give smart contract capabilities to BitShares assets and make BitShares assets portable across the EOS domain. In its first release, however, it serves only as a way to get BEOS tokens delivered into the hands of participating BitShares supporters.

More details here:
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@stan/beos-launches-today-here-s-how-to-get-yours

Read the white paper here:
https://beos.world/whitepaper

Check out the directors here:
https://beos.world/directors

Three have been around since the start of BitShares nearly six years ago.

Work is being done by Dan Notestein's software organization - well known for blocktrades.us and a member of the original BitShares dev team.

This is a project that honors BitShares holders who provided the DPOS technology that powers EOS and 90% of all other public blockchain transactions in the world (see Blocktivity.info).  It is not sponsored by block.one or EOS community, but it does bring BitShares assets over to EOS, tying the work of Dan Larimer together into one greater ecosystem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
beosdirector

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:16:44 PM

Reserved.
CryptoZorro

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:19:34 PM

SCAM!!

The BitShares Decentralized Autonomous Community (DAC) has no relationship to neither BEOS nor EOS.

BitShares is controlled by the BTS Token Holders.

All official communications for the BitShares DAC are posted on the BitShares Foundation website: https://www.bitshares.foundation/

All official software is distributed on GitHub
https://github.com/bitshares/

The BitShares BTS Token Holders have voted for the official webiste to be https://bitshares.org
https://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2018-10-bitshares-org

The BitShares BTS Token Holders elected an official and sole spokesperson and public face of BitShares:
https://www.bitshares.foundation/spokesperson
benjy33
Legendary

Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:21:03 PM

Reserved for scam  Grin Grin Grin Grin
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 07:23:50 PM

WARNING DO NOT SEND ANY BTS TO BEOS THAT YOU WANT BACK BEFORE RAINFALL STARTS ON APRIL 9TH. YOU'LL NEED SOME OF THAT RAINFALL TO POWER THE RETURN PATH.

Thanks for the fair warning, id rather keep my BTS Cheesy Why in the world i would want to exchange BTS for your worthless BEOS  Tongue

an old scammer trick in the book, Only a real fool would fall for this..

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
beosdirector

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:24:40 PM

SCAM!!

Not asking for any investment.

No ICO.

Already built and verified by looking at Git.

Legal agreements published publicly.

Have a nice day.
beosdirector

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:30:53 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 07:54:38 PM by beosdirector

Thanks for the fair warning, id rather keep my BTS Cheesy Why in the world i would want to exchange BTS for your worthless BEOS  Tongue

You are not exchanging your BTS for BEOS.

You stake your BTS and can unstake it at any time. It will always belong to you and is never exchanged for BEOS.

Everything is held on chain and can be verified at all times.

You get BEOS during the time you have your BTS staked.

Once you are done and BEOS is done with rainfall you can xfer your BTS and BEOS out of your wallet or anywhere you like.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
olave

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:09:53 PM

Thanks for the fair warning, id rather keep my BTS Cheesy Why in the world i would want to exchange BTS for your worthless BEOS  Tongue

Please read Stan's post and the information in the links, instead of blaming for scamming.  You don't exchange your BTS for BEOS, but if you stake your BTS for some time you will receive BEOS from the rainfall for the time you keep your BTS staked,  you can return your staked BTS to your BTS account any time, (after the rainfall starts on april 9th.)  You will of course then not receive more BEOS after you return your BTS. The warning was for the days before the rainfall starts, because you will need to have some BEOS on your account to be able to return your BTS to your BTS account.
beosdirector

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:11:40 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 08:26:15 PM by beosdirector

SCAM!!

The BitShares Decentralized Autonomous Community (DAC) has no relationship to neither BEOS nor EOS.

BitShares is controlled by the BTS Token Holders.

All official communications for the BitShares DAC are posted on the BitShares Foundation website: https://www.bitshares.foundation/

All official software is distributed on GitHub
https://github.com/bitshares/

The BitShares BTS Token Holders have voted for the official webiste to be https://bitshares.org
https://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2018-10-bitshares-org

The BitShares BTS Token Holders elected an official and sole spokesperson and public face of BitShares:
https://www.bitshares.foundation/spokesperson

Even though your post is FUD and also not relevant to BEOS or this post, I will respond:

The spokesperson was unvoted and lost enough votes to not be funded prior to the WP expiring in Dec 2018. Therefore the spokesperson for Bitshares is no longer valid until another WP is voted in.

Nobody has represented this as a Bitshares project, in fact, it says explicitly in the Whitepaper and all documentation that EOS and Bitshares are not involved in BEOS creation.  That has been explicit from day one and has never been represented otherwise. The entire project was privately funded, and the increased portability of tokens across EOS - BEOS - Bitshares increases the utility of all chains involved. This project is a gift to the community as a whole and is not seeking any token purchase, or ICO.

All of your screaming seems to be in an attempt to lay false narratives and trails.
Ru1016

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:29:01 PM

Reserved for scam  Grin Grin Grin Grin

one look at your post history...

"Scam!"

"Nice shitcoin!"

Get a life, clown.  If you don't want to participate, don't - stop fudding.
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:53:01 PM

Thanks for the fair warning, id rather keep my BTS Cheesy Why in the world i would want to exchange BTS for your worthless BEOS  Tongue

It is NOT an exchange of one coin for another. You merely stake BTS for the length of time you want them to be "rained upon" with the new BEOS token. When you are tired of receiving free token, unstake your BTS and you are free to use them any way you want again. You still retain all of the BEOS tokens that you accumulated while staking your BTS even after you unstake the bitshares.

Also, keep in mind that this is NOT an ICO. The opportunity was paid for and this middle blockchain between EOS and bitshares, BEOS, was released through private funding from VERY LONG TERM bitshares holders in order to bring a new level of opportunity to the bitshares platform (and therefore more value for bitshares tokens).

Since BEOS is not trying to raise funds through a token offering, if you don't want to participate, then don't. All the more raindrops for us who do participate to catch for ourselves. We thank you LoL
Tomeyboy

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:59:45 PM

You can tell these people haven't even looked at it. They don't even know what Beos is lmao. They're either dumbshits or trolls, and seeing how quick the response was to the original post, I'm betting on the latter. Now why would they want to suppress the development of the DEX? Hmm...
globalgreg

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:06:53 PM

This is NOT a scam.
Trolls = 1) People who have not researched and understood the project 2) people who are deliberately seeking to undermine the process for empowering people to STAKE their BTS and receive free BEOS tokens in a 'rainfall' lasting 89 days. The BTS are NOT sold.

It is true that EOS.IO blockchains are going to supercede Bitshares, so BEOS will be very worthwhile!

DO Your Own Research. And ignore blanket statement of 'SCAM' with out any proof or short references taken out of context and a spin placed on it, for the negative.

@CryptoZorro: The BEOS network has nothing to do with Bitshares. It is REWARDING Bitshares holders. The Bitshares are not sold. They are staked for 89 days and yu receive EOS.IO tokens in the form of BEOS. Please don't stake any BTS = more BEOS for everyone else who is staking =D
the_grande_tetan

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:09:50 PM

Wow, sending decentralized stablecoins and legal tender gold through smart contracts is going to be a game changer. Not to mention the intra-jurisdictional space-blockchain stuff.. Color me impressed! You guys have really outdone yourselves this time.
Ethinkin9

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

Rolling in the Deep

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:15:37 PM

Are you fan of "BitShares"?
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:16:32 PM

Are you fan of "BitShares"?

Absolutely! Unequivocally. For sure. Yes!!!
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:33:23 AM

OP, what exactly informed combining the names Bitshare and EOS and why not any other name?  Then are the two developers or team for the two coins part of your project?
beosdirector

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 01:30:27 AM

OP, what exactly informed combining the names Bitshare and EOS and why not any other name?  Then are the two developers or team for the two coins part of your project?

You did read the Original Post, right?

Work is being done by Dan Notestein's software organization - well known for blocktrades.us and a member of the original BitShares dev team.

This is a project that honors BitShares holders who provided the DPOS technology that powers EOS and 90% of all other public blockchain transactions in the world (see Blocktivity.info).  It is not sponsored by block.one or EOS community, but it does bring BitShares assets over to EOS, tying the work of Dan Larimer together into one greater ecosystem.

Also this...

BitShares EOS (BEOS) is conceived as a middle chain sitting between BitShares and the EOS main chain. It will give smart contract capabilities to BitShares assets and make BitShares assets portable across the EOS domain. In its first release, however, it serves only as a way to get BEOS tokens delivered into the hands of participating BitShares supporters.

Stan Larimer (OP)

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 01:35:07 AM

It is envisioned as a "middle chain" between BitShares and EOS main chain.

https://steemitimages.com/640x0/https://i.gyazo.com/8301ac8be18fdb1dddd7c7b8ec063d0d.png

open82buy

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:52:33 PM

I’m betting the costs will be covered by the rain-drops. I have already sent my BTS over. I haven’t been here for a while as I’m down the EOS rabbit-hole. Even with all my time spent there I still can’t keep up with all the developments.

I’ve been into Crypto since 2013 and have seen it all, the EOS ecosystem will be a game changer where EOS will be surrounded and intertwined by other EOSIO chains all with their own features, where you will be able to move value between these chains from within one wallet.

It’s absolutely mind blowing what’s being worked on, I haven’t felt this excitement over a project since ETH was announced.

I’ve seen many scams over the years in Crypto, and a good rule to adopt is anything new is a scam, until proven otherwise. Don’t believe what people say, and that includes me now!!

If you’re reading this you’re still pioneers in the Crypto adoption fase, do your own research and check it out for yourselves.

Be warned thou, once you go down the EOS rabbit-hole, it might be a while for you to surface. Good Luck!
As for me, sorry I need to go back, homesick already.

BikerGSX
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: