Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Converted all altcoin back to BTC  (Read 914 times)
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 10:24:49 PM

In many instances that we have to do it knowing that BTC is more growing coins today that to stick with the altcoins. We need to act immediately before losing our opportunity to gain more profits cause that is actually we want for. Its a common strategies for traders to diversify our portfolio and look for the most profitable one.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 10:54:38 PM

That is really a bold decision, converting all your coins to BTC but trust me I do understand you. BTC never disappoint and always brings along with big profits. Unlike some Alt that could remain in the dip forever BTC always shows it strength and resilience.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:03:51 PM

I do not think that now is a good time to sell all altcoins and keep only Bitcoins. so far the situation is not clear.

Good point, it's a time to keep studying and learning, because right now nothing is clear to so many users and holders,so for me am learning not to make wrong move.

For some people, having lots of coins will be difficult to manage because it will take a lot of effort to check one by one regularly. For me, it would be better to convert unpopular coins, when it has value, into bitcoin to make it simpler. For those who have a lot of free time they might be able to check the development of all the coins they have but it will definitely be very boring thing to do.

kangkilokang

Activity: 530
Merit: 10

Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:10:57 PM

That is really a bold decision, converting all your coins to BTC but trust me I do understand you. BTC never disappoint and always brings along with big profits. Unlike some Alt that could remain in the dip forever BTC always shows it strength and resilience.
BTC is a bigger power and he will be profitable but what you do to change Altcoin becomes BTC think again, because BTC is expensive and you can lose all Altcoin to get BTC.
preferably later if you benefit from the Altcoin you have then you can change it to BTC.
but it's up to you, hopefully the choice you choose is the best.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  A New Crypto-Payment Platform  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ █   [  Telegram  ]   [   Medium   ]   [   ICO Page   ]   [  Facebook  ]   [ Instagram ]   █ █
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:42:09 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2019, 08:43:48 PM by BUK2016

Can't say I proifted much, I paid way too high of fees on the exchanges, lesson learned on who to use and who not to next time. Right now I want to see how this next move shakes out. If I miss out on a big 30% move on some coins, so be it. I will sleep well tonight.
Converting all altcoins one is holding some times is not a very good idea because that may makes you loose your hold in crypto currency.
Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:49:03 PM

And what happens to the losses incurred as a result of that decision? Patience is more of a virtue in cryptocurencies.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:54:14 PM

Can't say I proifted much, I paid way too high of fees on the exchanges, lesson learned on who to use and who not to next time. Right now I want to see how this next move shakes out. If I miss out on a big 30% move on some coins, so be it. I will sleep well tonight.
Converting all altcoins one is holding some times is not a very good idea because thatay make you loose that you hold in crypto currency.
The present market scenario is completely supportive to the tactics, because there isn't much of a mutual growth with altcoins along with bitcoin. There needs to be some form of growth with altcoins following the growth of bitcoin. Now people who have converted the altcoins back to bitcoin prior to the forward push of the market will be experiencing good profitability.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:32:07 AM

If you have many altcoins, then of course the fee will be high because you sell your altcoins multiple times.
In most exchange, using their coin to pay the trading fee will cost you smaller than not using it.
What exchange did you use to sell your altcoins ?

biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 11:53:22 AM

I think it's a stupid thing to do. Because BTC is not a promising coin and with the advent of new technology BTC will not be able to oppose anything to progress except its capitalization.
akristofor

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 12:13:34 PM

I did the opposite thing and bought EOS 2 months ago https://cmc.io/coins/eos  Wink
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 12:20:55 PM

I think that's a good move IF your goal is more stability and consistency. Bitcoin is more likely to be around in 2025 than most altcoins, and the next bear market will probably crush many alts into oblivion. However, I think the top alts are better for gaining percentage-wise during the next bull run.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 12:22:42 PM

Its up to you either, But i understand  the point you mean to say, and its true that mostly of the top centralized exchange has a monstrous fees, i experienced that too thats why for me if the DEX are come up with the more decent volumes, I choose to trade with DEX  but the reality will speak itself that DEX has worst volumes to date.
cuo

Activity: 560
Merit: 185

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 12:29:33 PM

I prefer to put eggs in many nests, when all hatch, it will be more profitable than fixing on one coin. but I believe if bitcoin goes up, almost all coins will rise, because bitcoin will always be seen as a benchmark for movement.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 02:33:05 PM

As per my opinion if we convert our all altcoins to BTC and if a bull run starts which is expected then we regret our decisions all altcoins also start rising with Bitcoin and it will be a pure loss because of we already converted our coins into BTC. It is not advisable to do it now.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 02:36:10 PM

I think it's a stupid thing to do. Because BTC is not a promising coin and with the advent of new technology BTC will not be able to oppose anything to progress except its capitalization.

Are you sure with that sir that bitcoin is not promising coin? For me bitcoin still promising coin.  Why do you think bitcoin rise the value?  It's because it's potential and it can gives you high profit. But's your choices if think bitcoin is not promising coin so what promising coin  for you?
cupruri
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 02:44:42 PM

I prefer to hold my money in different altcoins, because in the early phases of the raising market, it is much more profitable to pick some altcoins instead of investing in BTC. Just pick several great altcoins and enjoy the market.
anggracoin

Activity: 490

freelanex.io

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 02:53:49 PM

I believe bitcoin will rise and provide benefits, but creating many opportunities is better than waiting for a single opportunity. Putting eggs in various holes will be safer and provide many opportunities. If bitcoin rises altcoin will tend to follow its movements, so it's very unfortunate if we eliminate the chance of altcoin.

Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:09:53 PM

Now you do not need to sell your altcoins , I think the growth has begun now and it is better to keep them , as the bullish trend seems to have begun and will continue soon

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:16:06 PM

Diversity in your portfolio might bring big fortune as long as bitcoin goes up. We know that altcoins are dependent on bitcoin price. Bitcoin investment is good, but due to its high price it will only bring little percent profit compared to altcoins whose price is very low and might bring 10 times or even 100 times when bull run comes. So, better to revise your portfolio again.
Jenkins33

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:58:46 PM

You did the right thing. Bitcoin is the main coin of the crypto market and it will grow the fastest as soon as the market starts to recover. The first signs of this are already there. You have to wait a bit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: