Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Converted all altcoin back to BTC  (Read 914 times)
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:15:22 PM

Can't say I proifted much, I paid way too high of fees on the exchanges, lesson learned on who to use and who not to next time. Right now I want to see how this next move shakes out. If I miss out on a big 30% move on some coins, so be it. I will sleep well tonight.
I couldn't say that it was a good or wrong move,
Because there are so many alt-coin that have been worthless so if your alt is one of those then you made a good move even though you paid a lot of fee.
But if your alts are in the top list then you provably made the wrong move since most of them are going to rise up .
You are right mate, right now, most of the altcoins in top 20 are already moving along this upward trend of bitcoin and will be a wrong decision to change them to altcoins because by the time such investors desires to change it back to altcoins ahead of BTC sideways movement which usually favor most altcoins, it would have been too late because those TOP 20 altcoins would have been far above the sold price.

The ones best to sell now which to me is a wise decision are the ones waiting for BTC to move sideways before they can increase, if ones changes those ones to altcoins, we can always meet the price there before BTC goes sideways.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 07:29:15 PM

It's not wise to choose BTC as most exchanges charge heavy fees like 0.001-0.002 plus you need to sell the altcoins at a loss as the market is down and plus BTC price also is down which doesn't give you much profit for waiting. I converted my altcoins to ETH due to less fees and plus ETH price is more stable than BTC and it takes less fees to send it from one address to the other and the transactions get confirmed in seconds. I am waiting for the market to be stable as the coins I hold have dropped from $1 to $0.01 which is horrible for me to sell.
It is one time expense so don't care much about it,ETH is also good choice but there is nothing wrong when someone trusting bitcoin for long term hold since it is doing very good at the moment.When the bull run begins your holding value will increase which will be really help out to minimize the losses and also it will help to make profits at the spike of bull run.

Depends on what altcoins he sold for BTC and how much he made in BTC. If it's 1-2 BTC or more, it's still worth it as BTC is moving at a snail's pace right now and we have seen just $1000-$1500 increase since a year which is not worth for a person who is holding them for a year. It's not like you'll get any interest by holding it while some good altcoins have a brighter future.

Mr.Noda

Activity: 1344
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:14:36 PM

I did the same thing only converted all altcoins into ethereum. I think that he will show himself.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Evrolina

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:33:20 PM

To me,it is better to invest my money in different altcoin than investing my money in bitcoin because altcoin will definitely bring in more return than just having your money in bitcoin.
sentbit

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:38:13 PM

still hold alt than BTC,so far i just got large money from alt than BTC, so i to love my altcoin. if btc grow alt same grow up to the moon.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:47:15 PM

Can't say I proifted much, I paid way too high of fees on the exchanges, lesson learned on who to use and who not to next time. Right now I want to see how this next move shakes out. If I miss out on a big 30% move on some coins, so be it. I will sleep well tonight.
Converting all altcoins one is holding some times is not a very good idea because thatay make you loose that you hold in crypto currency.
The present market scenario is completely supportive to the tactics, because there isn't much of a mutual growth with altcoins along with bitcoin. There needs to be some form of growth with altcoins following the growth of bitcoin. Now people who have converted the altcoins back to bitcoin prior to the forward push of the market will be experiencing good profitability.
I believe that will be just a period of time as things will return back to what it was in the past where the growth of Bitcoin is almost proportionate to that of altcoins.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:10:15 PM

I think it's a stupid thing to do. Because BTC is not a promising coin and with the advent of new technology BTC will not be able to oppose anything to progress except its capitalization.
What proof do you have to back this up, or are you just bitter that you don’t get to have the chance to invest at dip again because you missed out, among all coin that you should even called stupid, why bitcoin ?

While you are busy spoiling Bitcoin and thinking you could create FUD, smart investors are busy investing in their future, same way many criticized bitcoin in 2010, look where we are now, their life is still the same way it was in 2010 while those who believe in it have already bought big houses in their respective country. So bro, those altcoins you so much believe in are not moving forward without BTC.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:38:23 AM

I think the altcoin to bitcoin converter is not good solution, because if the price of bitcoin increases, maybe the price of altcoin will also increase
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: