Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo based Stable coin will change Stable coin history...?  (Read 250 times)
dasunlanka (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 07:54:51 AM

So far USDT/TUSD and many other stable coins do a great job for crypto holders. but always there is a cost for transfer them. today USDT transferring cost is 4 USDT from the exchanges and 0.5 USD in BTC (0.00010546 BTC) from OMNI wallet.

and TUSD cost is 0.9 TUSD from Exchanges and 0.05 USD in ETH (0.0003722 Ether) comparing TUSD and USDT, TUSD transferring cost is less but if Ether price rise this will be more expensive.so I think BTC based and ETH based Stable coins will fail in near future if a neo-based stable coin comes the market.

So anyone can transfer stable Tokens free and it will generate more powerful fund flow through all the exchanges. This is only my thought and I will more happy if you can add your thought and suggestions about this topic.
Thanks

[ F - A - M - I - L - Y ] Coolest word in the world - Be happy with your Family
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:38:21 AM

i really don't understand the point of stable "tokens". a stable coin is a standalone blockchain that doesn't rely on any other coin and its blockchain. for example although Tether is a layer on top of bitcoin you still mine its blocks individually and it has its own blockchian. but a token will reply on another chain forever and if anything happens to that, they will be affected to. not to mention that they will be limited because development-wise you are limited to what the platform offers you.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 09:02:23 AM

So far USDT/TUSD and many other stable coins do a great job for crypto holders. but always there is a cost for transfer them. today USDT transferring cost is 4 USDT from the exchanges and 0.5 USD in BTC (0.00010546 BTC) from OMNI wallet.

and TUSD cost is 0.9 TUSD from Exchanges and 0.05 USD in ETH (0.0003722 Ether) comparing TUSD and USDT, TUSD transferring cost is less but if Ether price rise this will be more expensive.so I think BTC based and ETH based Stable coins will fail in near future if a neo-based stable coin comes the market.

So anyone can transfer stable Tokens free and it will generate more powerful fund flow through all the exchanges. This is only my thought and I will more happy if you can add your thought and suggestions about this topic.
Thanks

As far as i understand, stable coins are created in order to neutralize possible losses and the likes, but i think as the time goes by. this stable coins would increase their fees as well, making it more stable but as the new emerging technology is created, i dont know what will happen, hopefully not like the other alts.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 09:28:24 AM

Thanks

Tether was discussing a period. Currently, each platfrom coin creates its own stable coin. This is not pleasant. There will be difficulties in the future.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 09:35:02 AM

Thanks

As far as i understand, stable coins are created in order to neutralize possible losses and the likes, but i think as the time goes by. this stable coins would increase their fees as well, making it more stable but as the new emerging technology is created, i dont know what will happen, hopefully not like the other alts.
And how can this change the stable coin history when any stable coin has the same advantage and usefulness to neutralize the possibility to get lost by converting our profit to the stable coin. I don't see any point how it can give a lot of changes.
dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 09:52:30 AM

And how can this change the stable coin history when any stable coin has the same advantage and usefulness to neutralize the possibility to get lost by converting our profit to the stable coin. I don't see any point how it can give a lot of changes.

I am focusing on transferring fees,USDT and TUSD fees are already high..if btc above $20,000 this will be very high. that is why I prefer neo-based stable token.

Bouffiftorr

Activity: 271
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 10:01:13 AM

Hey. what do you think about this forecast?

Neo Price Prediction 2019 - Neo Price To Touch $200 USD by 2019 End
https://coinswitch.co/news/neo-price-prediction-2019-neo-price-to-touch-200-usd-by-2019-latest-neo-price-update

how realistic is that?
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 853

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 10:47:39 AM

No, I don't think that NEO based stable coin will disrupt the current system.

Obviously it is pegged to USD as well so how can it re-shape the existing ecosystem of a lot of stable coins right now?

This is just another hype, I don't know what's the exact reason for them to jump right now. Funds is already flowing, and more investors are hedging their funds into any stable coins right now. My only suspect is that NEO or the team behind just wanted to compete with the rest of the stable coins and take some piece of the pie.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 10:54:32 AM

So this Neo based stable coins advantage over the existing and established stable coins is zero transfer fee? What is this Neo based stable coin anyway?
dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 11:14:00 AM

So this Neo based stable coins advantage over the existing and established stable coins is zero transfer fee? What is this Neo based stable coin anyway?

Indeed, neo-based stable token transferring fee will be ''0'' just like other tokens (gas,nex,etc) on neo blockchain. but still no stable token based NEO..I think in the near future someone will build one..

Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:31:45 PM

There will be no or only minimum effect on the transfer fees when you transfer your funds from the centralized exchanges with use of stable Token Pegged to US Dollar using Neo Blockchain. Most of the exchanges charges trading fees & as well as cut on the withdrawal fee along with the network fees based on their services. It will be great to see NEO based Stable Coin as we have already heard USDT is Moving to tron blockchain in Q2.

tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:39:13 PM

I still don't understand what is the advantage of having a stablecoin...if I need to have $ or Eur I think it's better to change crypto to FIAT. Also there is no stablecoin that is guaranteed by a trusted third party escrow.
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:41:27 PM

From my point of view, all these stable tokens or coins that are tied to fiat funds will in any case have the same effect. Sooner or later they will have to dry out. Therefore, I think that cryptocurrencies do not need them.
dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 02:32:17 PM

It will be great to see NEO based Stable Coin as we have already heard USDT is Moving to tron blockchain in Q2.

You got the point  Wink Wink

jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:12:45 PM

It doesn't matter which platform a stable coin is listed, the most important thing here is trust, do people trust that the tokens you offered are being backed by assure asset, we have many stable coins in 2018 and none so far as big influence in the space as Tether. Again remember if you are moving 10USDT and 1000USDT you pay themsame transaction fees, so your argument here seems faulty in its premiss

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
auntyjmary

Activity: 368
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:19:44 PM

Lately, it seems most people are interested in projects that seeks to create stable coins. You need to understand that the high volatility on the crypto markets does not allow room for more stable coins. Although tether and co have achieved high level of success as stable coins, many projects have failed to produce stable coins.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:00:48 PM

every time a moderately new coin comes out people think the same thing, they always say this is going to change everything and be the number one. but each time we are only left with a big disappointment as we see these new coins are no different than the older versions of themselves. they just have a new name and a new face but they are exactly the same everywhere else that counts.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 04:03:17 PM

I still don't understand what is the advantage of having a stablecoin...if I need to have $ or Eur I think it's better to change crypto to FIAT. Also there is no stablecoin that is guaranteed by a trusted third party escrow.

Not all exchanges offer fiat trading pairs, so stablecoins are quite handy to trade on decentralized exchanges for example.
Now, whether it's safe to hold your funds in those stablecoins is a whole different story...

Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 05:38:36 PM

Well OP, that is an opinion you have just given. We must have to wait for stable coin to be lunched on  NEO platform and see if it will disrupt those that already exist on other platforms, such as ethereum's.
Transferring USDT might be expensive, but let's also take cognisance of others, since there are several of ten.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 10:57:05 PM

I am unaware that NEO will innovate on this. But I have a question that interests me. How much fee will NEO charge? Perhaps the current price is less, but will it be less when the price will the same as BTC?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: