Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Stablecoins have a future?  (Read 16397 times)
trade2winnn

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 05:34:02 PM

Not quite sure what you mean by Stablecoins?If you are under this understanding Altcoins,then Yes they will have a great future,particularly those projects that can realize their ambitions,and to develop projects,if you're talking about what a Slag Coin that is not clear to them,they surely soon will die and widets market
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 06:00:37 PM

Yes, maybe the stable coins will have a future, but for this need to be transparent on what teams who create these stable coins to do what they say and not create extra coins when they want without any real back up of real money.
KlepZ

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:02:40 PM

Stablecoins surely has a bright future. It is still evolving and has been incorporated into multiple applications of life. It has made transactions fast, secure and more efficient.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:15:05 PM

Stablecoins have been considered among many investors to be a safe-haven for crypto's volatility. Ever since Tether (USDT) emerged, several other stablecoins have launched in order to provide people with a wide variety of options to choose from. However, the stability of stablecoins is yet to be questioned since we've seen how Tether has gone below $1 in the past.

NuBits used to be a stablecoin too, but now it has lost its peg to the USD. Which means, that the same thing could happen with most stablecoins out there, since they're traded on a free market.

Nonetheless, do you believe that stablecoins will have a future? If not, why? Smiley
the stable coins are also important for the every country to stable because their currencies like USD and some other currencies are had strongest position in this world from a long period of time show the cryptocurrencies and also the stable currencies will needed for the future to be most stable
Runbitup

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:36:11 PM

In my opinion, stable coins have a future. Because stable coins include coins that are highly sought after by investors to secure their assets.
But in my opinion, stable coins are not suitable for people who want to get big profits, so I think their interest will decrease if crypto improves.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:50:53 PM

Stablecoins have been considered among many investors to be a safe-haven for crypto's volatility. Ever since Tether (USDT) emerged, several other stablecoins have launched in order to provide people with a wide variety of options to choose from. However, the stability of stablecoins is yet to be questioned since we've seen how Tether has gone below $1 in the past.

NuBits used to be a stablecoin too, but now it has lost its peg to the USD. Which means, that the same thing could happen with most stablecoins out there, since they're traded on a free market.

Nonetheless, do you believe that stablecoins will have a future? If not, why? Smiley

Stablecoins are not going anywhere, it will stay as long as cryptocurrency stays and crypto is a forever thing.
As you said stablecoins are safe heaven among many investors and it is 100% true. Investors need such stablecoins and they can't ignore it.

Tether has gone below $1 and it has also gone to above $1. I have seen $1.03 max so far and with a low of $0.94
bakulgarem

Activity: 361

BIB Exchange

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:24:33 PM

maybe in the coming year it will develop because now the development of technology is getting faster and for the criterion itself maybe in the coming year it will be able to be used in all countries.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Dessy88

Activity: 1050

Vave.com

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:29:30 PM

Till now, I consider stable coins as just any other altcoin. So in my opinion, I believe their stability will still be affected by the market and the people behind the stable coin. If the dev team will not sustain its existence and will not find a way to keep up the fast pace in blockchain technology, then, they will find themselves away from the limelight.
the development of crypto currencies or altcoins in my opinion depends on the investor's own trade and investor interest in the coin is a major factor in his investment

zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:55:56 PM

As you know stablecoins are good for future and in future most of investor will invest in these coins because investors more trust on stablecoins and will invest .

Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 12:00:09 AM

Well, for the very mere fact of protecting investors and trying to achieve more of mainstream adoption. The stable coin has a future in cryptocurencies.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 01:57:41 AM

Stablecoins are great players in cryptocurrency, since it is backed with USD, that could help cryptocurrency adoption, since some investors retail or institutional will start to use some stablecoins to buy crypto, especially Bitcoin. But there are some stablecoins that has lack of transparency, especially what you said, the Theter, special mention to the issue of tether before that it falls below $1 before.

golong

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:05:05 AM

i think stable coins will become a trend in the future.  many governments will eventually issue their own national currency - pegged stable coins for ease of use and to cope up with advance cryptocurrency/blockchain technologies.
Beldon

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:24:30 AM

If the development is good, of course stablecoin will have a future, I think this coin has not been widely known, if many supporters for this coin can be sure stablecoin will be more widely known and certainly will have a good future too

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
jubilarian

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 03:00:55 AM

I think that stablecoins is still the need for crypto market, it has a bright future. Any traders also need it to get their profit when their target reaches. We can't exchange it to fiat in a jiffy to hold profit.

Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 03:18:58 AM

Stablecoins are not going anywhere, it will stay as long as cryptocurrency stays and crypto is a forever thing.
As you said stablecoins are safe heaven among many investors and it is 100% true. Investors need such stablecoins and they can't ignore it.

Tether has gone below $1 and it has also gone to above $1. I have seen $1.03 max so far and with a low of $0.94
You may also include traders who tend to trade a lot. As the market condition is quite bearish or the volitality is too high, they need stable coins such as Tether for their exit trade; these stable coins are keeping them losing for such market that is unfavorable for them.
heni_april

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 03:27:57 AM

You may also include traders who tend to trade a lot. As the market condition is quite bearish or the volitality is too high, they need stable coins such as Tether for their exit trade; these stable coins are keeping them losing for such market that is unfavorable for them.
I think a lot of people who are interested in investing crypto due to rapid market movements, and not price stability. they are investing to take advantage of the rapidly changing market conditions, because that way they can get a greater advantage and quickly.
probably because until now the role of the crypto most only as an asset investment, not as a means of payment. When crypto is used as a means of payment is of course the stability of the market price should definitely be noticed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 03:34:49 AM

Many applications will require stablecoins, so there is certainly going to exist some demand. If the technology is good enough to endure tied to the stable value, then they definitely have a future.
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 04:32:13 AM

Stable coins are called stable because they are pegged to a certain asset or cash that RARELY change in price. That something RARELY change in price DOESN'T mean it does not change in price. Even USD changes in value against other currencies in the forex market,  only that it may not be noticeable,  USDT may fall below 1$  to about $0.97 and above $1 to about $1.1 ... It is still a stable coin. I stand to be corrected, but that is my opinion

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 04:47:24 AM

I think we need to limit the option for these stable coins in the market. It is not healthy tfor us to use too many stable coins for the benefits of safety because it just creates a division of volume for every stable coins. Also,  we might consider these stable coins to have its exact and fixed value because every decimal is important for a huge trader.
betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:01:58 AM

Stable coins with the right intention and having a reserve fund or a backup fund equivalent to the issued coins in existence definitely will have a future. There must be enough fund in reserve to defend the value against a turbulent market, otherwise, it will just be useless and lead to wrecking on investors. I just converted my BCH to USDT since it's showing sign of bearishness against the bullish BTC. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: